Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:13:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ATS  (Read 6485 times)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
ATS
« on May 14, 2016, 07:20:17 pm by craigdrfc »
Sounds like the injury was a bad one .... out til January I hear

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: ATS
« Reply #1 on May 14, 2016, 07:22:18 pm by MrFrost »
A genuine shame

Because no one else will want him now

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 14, 2016, 07:26:00 pm by Retdon1 »
hopefully by the time he's fit other teams will have forgot how utterly crap he is and we can find a taker for him

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 14, 2016, 07:39:35 pm by The Red Baron »
It was a knee injury so I'm guessing ACL.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 14, 2016, 07:40:12 pm by Copps is Magic »
Bad news for the lad, bad news for us. Another injured player we will be paying a years wages to next year.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 14, 2016, 07:51:25 pm by glosterred »
Shame, means he won't be finding a club anytime soon

COYR

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 14, 2016, 07:55:57 pm by Copps is Magic »
Isn't ACL the bad one? Like recurrent injuries, long-term recovery bad?

I already see an early contender for the Steve Brooker award, Dany N'Guessan winning it this year of course. Maybe he will be there to hand over the trophy.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 14, 2016, 08:39:37 pm by LincsRover »
Nah, he'll have dropped it on his toe!

:crying:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 14, 2016, 08:53:33 pm by The Red Baron »
Isn't ACL the bad one? Like recurrent injuries, long-term recovery bad?

I already see an early contender for the Steve Brooker award, Dany N'Guessan winning it this year of course. Maybe he will be there to hand over the trophy.

It used to be a career-ender, but players do recover from it. Though some are never quite the same again.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 14, 2016, 10:28:52 pm by esdailles left foot »
Probably a relief

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 15, 2016, 12:08:40 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He has played well for us at times, but overall definitely hasn't been good enough along with many others. I wouldn't wish injury on the fella, and especially not that injury. It seems like that will be one player not being signed.
 All we need now, is Fergie to be true to form and sign Zakuani, or even worse Canavan and we are f..ked!.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 15, 2016, 08:08:41 am by DearneValleyRover »
I did my ACL and ended up only having 80% mobility. You can recover but it's never as good as it was and if you try to turn too quickly you always feel as if it's going to snap again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 15, 2016, 09:14:46 am by Filo »
I did my ACL and ended up only having 80% mobility. You can recover but it's never as good as it was and if you try to turn too quickly you always feel as if it's going to snap again.

Given the turning circle of most of our CB's over recent years it would be safe to say they must have suffered the same injury 😀

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 15, 2016, 11:58:39 am by roversdude »
ATS never had 80% mobility before injury
Although I don't rate him as a player wish him a 'swift' recovery

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 15, 2016, 12:03:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Bad news for the lad, bad news for us. Another injured player we will be paying a years wages to next year.

Are you saying the club haven't got insurance against this sort of thing?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 15, 2016, 12:45:07 pm by IDM »
Quite ironic I think, that ATS got injured in the Burton game where I thought - I might be in the minority but I don't care - he was having a decent game and was one of the few in hoops last week who looked like they gave a damn.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 15, 2016, 01:29:06 pm by RoversAlias »
Only adds to the pathetic behaviour of some of our fans booing him and chanting abuse at him as he went off injured. I wouldn't wish an injury like this on anyone, and I hope he gets back playing again.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 15, 2016, 01:44:43 pm by Jonathan »
Quite ironic I think, that ATS got injured in the Burton game where I thought - I might be in the minority but I don't care - he was having a decent game and was one of the few in hoops last week who looked like they gave a damn.

He was doing alright in that game and the apparent reaction of some fans towards him as he hobbled off (I didn't hear it from where I was) is awful. Likewise some of the reaction to this news on here is distasteful. I know he's not been good enough over the season, like many others alongside him, but I'm sure he'll be equally gutted about this injury as it takes away any chance he has of escaping the abuse.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 15, 2016, 02:50:10 pm by Copps is Magic »

I have no idea, do you?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 15, 2016, 04:00:34 pm by RobTheRover »
I did my ACL playing 5 a side. The consultant could find no trace of it left. Proper snapped it. It dunt half smart a bit.

I've had it reconstructed and I can still play a bit, but I have to be very careful,  especially coming down after going up for a header. Like DVR says, it's always at the back of your mind it's going to go again.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 15, 2016, 04:36:17 pm by silent majority »
Strangely enough I had mine replaced some years ago and it feels stronger than the other one.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 15, 2016, 05:13:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I have no idea, do you?

I'd be amazed if they didn't as it's standard for the industry. But I don't know for absolute certainty, no.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 15, 2016, 05:34:24 pm by the vicar »
perhaps with ATS it might make him better seeing he is so shit 

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 15, 2016, 11:42:13 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He has played well for us at times, but overall definitely hasn't been good enough along with many others. I wouldn't wish injury on the fella, and especially not that injury. It seems like that will be one player not being signed.
 All we need now, is Fergie to be true to form and sign Zakuani, or even worse Canavan and we are f..ked!.

You didn't go Peterborough away then and see Zakuanis performance.

No, but i don't rate the guy on many other performances, no doubt he will be one of Fergie's first signings!.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 16, 2016, 03:14:33 am by les@donr »
Whether he is a good player or not, personal abuse is unacceptable. I'm sure he doesn't go out each game to play crap. He is still a Rovers player, until he leaves he deserves our support.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 16, 2016, 11:11:56 am by DonnyOsmond »
I'd take a defence of Butler, Alcock, Taffazoli and Zakuani. Add in some youngsters and we're good.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012