Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:20:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stock  (Read 3225 times)

Adam

• Forum Member
Stock
« on August 28, 2010, 06:09:01 pm by Adam »
Off the pace, gave the ball away, didn't look fit.

Anyone know anything I don't?

Good performance though by the whole team and a cracking result.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re:Stock
« Reply #1 on August 28, 2010, 08:10:18 pm by CusworthRovers »
Not sure about any of that, although what I will say is that he was quiet by his usual standards.

I may be wrong, but my theory is......that he was playing to orders in holding the middle ground and protecting the back 4 in light of our opening to the season. He was told to let the others do the link up, push on, join in ie Woods and Oster (which they did most of the link up play and ball receiving and did it well). I think his role was to protect the back 4 and I think on today's evidence, he did that well, albeit un-noticed.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 28, 2010, 08:12:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not his greatest display but he did a lot of hard work that like Cussy says goes un-noticed.  Speaks volumes that we still won with him not at his best, he still played well, but he's capable of much more.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 28, 2010, 08:12:59 pm by roverstillidie91 »
yeah he played well. But we just did enough so a good all round team performance today.... even i have to say i feel rather nervous when the ball goes towards martis or a player runs at him.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 28, 2010, 08:59:14 pm by DonnyNoel »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Not sure about any of that, although what I will say is that he was quiet by his usual standards.

I may be wrong, but my theory is......that he was playing to orders in holding the middle ground and protecting the back 4 in light of our opening to the season. He was told to let the others do the link up, push on, join in ie Woods and Oster (which they did most of the link up play and ball receiving and did it well). I think his role was to protect the back 4 and I think on today's evidence, he did that well, albeit un-noticed.

I saw it that way too, especially 2nd half when Barmby started to make more runs into the box (tbh I think bringing Barmby off helped us more than Hull).

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 28, 2010, 09:29:42 pm by redbrez »
don't think stocky is on his game at the moment,but i have noticed he is getting man marked a hell of a lot more.
if i was sod i would try are usual game plan and if stocky is not running the game he could swap positions with gilette? and let him play the holding role and give stocky a more forward free role.might be more of a ploy for home games rather than when we play away from home.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 29, 2010, 09:08:18 am by redandwhitewizard »
Stock interchange with gilette

Redbrez a razor sharp observation

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 29, 2010, 11:11:52 am by ravenrover »
Was I the only one to see Stock stretching and excersing his back in the 2nd half? Perhaps that was the reason he struggled at times today, but I have to agree I thought he was under instructions from SOD to play deep and protect the back 4 more than he usually does. SOD seemed to be issuing very firm instructions to him and the back 4 during the game.
Having said that apart from from a few wayward passes in the 1st half I didn't think he had too bad a game and thought that his play with Gillett was excellent when Stock went Gillett dropped in to cover, although Gillett played the more advanced role in the match overall and was my MOTM.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 30, 2010, 11:09:45 am by The Red Baron »
Donny Star says he came off due to a tight hamstring. Could rule him out of the Wales game, which would be a shame for him.

snods big brother

« Reply #9 on August 30, 2010, 11:28:42 am by snods big brother »
The Red Baron wrote:
Donny Star says he came off due to a tight hamstring. Could rule him out of the Wales game, which would be a shame for him.

But good news for us as it will mean that the injury has time to recover

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 30, 2010, 01:36:29 pm by stockyboy »
I thought he played well, broke up the play, used the ball well. I think teams are seeing him as our main man and isolating him, as said in an earlier post, both home games this season he has been man marked which has made it difficult for him to get used to, but still I think he did well.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 30, 2010, 10:23:27 pm by The Red Baron »
Out of the Wales game- apparently his back again, which is a major worry.

News - Wales v Montenegro - Squad Withdrawals
Posted: 30 August 2010

The Wales A squad has lost four players for the trip to Montenegro for the opening Euro Qualifier on Friday.

After the weekend games, the following were withdrawn by their clubs:

Danny Gabbidon - WHU (Calf)

Andrew Crofts - Norwich City (Groin)

Darcy Blake -  Cardiff City (Foot)

Brian Stock - Doncaster Rovers (Back)

No replacements will be named at present

TinyPortal © 2005-2012