Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:40:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SOD going from Hero to Villian?  (Read 3077 times)

MrRTID

• Forum Member
SOD going from Hero to Villian?
« on August 29, 2010, 11:39:55 pm by MrRTID »
Seems alot of Aston Villa fans see him as a realistic candidate as much as he is an outsider for the job, they have the players with the speed and strength to play his perfect game and already play fancy football,

http://www.soccer24-7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181715&page=3

Although MOTD 2 did announce that villa are looking for a manager with premier league experience, SOD's tight budget work will surely count for something over the likes of Sven who just loves money...

My personal thoughts is still that without premier league experience he will not be worth the compensation we demand, but any others agree that Villa would be a dream job for him? I'd go as far as to say the only other job he could dream as receiving would be replacing Wenger!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
Re:SOD going from Hero to Villian?
« Reply #1 on August 29, 2010, 11:41:54 pm by DMnumber4 »
Definitely wouldn't stand in his way. No premier league expereince though and they want a big name so I can't see it.

Brian Laws to VP anyone?

VikingJames

« Reply #2 on August 29, 2010, 11:42:59 pm by VikingJames »
I think he'd do well there if they gave him time. The Villa lot like to see good football.

Seems like they want a manager with PL experience though, in which case I'd expect them to go for Martin Jol.

MrRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 29, 2010, 11:44:45 pm by MrRTID »
DMnumber4 wrote:
Definitely wouldn't stand in his way. No premier league expereince though and they want a big name so I can't see it.

Brian Laws to VP anyone?

Had I had seen it as:

DMnumber4 wrote:

No premier league expereince though and they want a big man so I can't see it.

Brian Laws to VP anyone?

Then I may have agreed with you  :silly:  :silly:

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on August 29, 2010, 11:47:55 pm by VikingJames »
DMnumber4 wrote:

Brian Laws to VP anyone?

Had I had seen it as:

DMnumber4 wrote:

No premier league expereince though and they want a shit manager so I can't see it.

Brian Laws to VP anyone?

Then I may have agreed with you  :silly:  :silly:

;)

MrRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 29, 2010, 11:54:58 pm by MrRTID »
You know James, I think Martin Jol is ticking all the boxes ;)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 30, 2010, 08:14:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
SOD would not get the time required to build something at any premier league club I reckon.  Rovers seem to be an exception to the general rule.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2010, 12:49:19 am by RedRover45 »
I think the only job SOD would get in the Premiership is at Wolves when Uncle Mick leaves.

The Duke

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2010, 02:11:56 am by The Duke »
The pundits on sky sports news have been touting his name about.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2010, 07:53:22 am by Sheepskin Stu »
RedRover45 wrote:
I think the only job SOD would get in the Premiership is at Wolves when Uncle Mick leaves.

I would add Wigan Athletic to that list.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 31, 2010, 08:39:34 am by CusworthRovers »
As they say 'you never know in football' and these chairmen can be strange bods and make strange decisions...........but I'm not sure Martinez is a likely candidate for the chop.

I would suggest at the back of Whelans mind is the inevitable drop, which they have done well to avoid over the years, but we, like Whelan are not kidding ourselves, that it is coming. Martinez is clearly proven at sub Prem football, and so far he's not massively f**ked up at Wigan, albeit some 'headlining grabbing' 3 heavy defeats in his tenure.

That club, although not all down to Martinez, have unearthed some treasures, that have had to be sold, due to their size. I would foresee a Wigan scenario with DRFC. If they could keep/kept all their players, they would have had a tremendous side. Even now, they may struggle to hold onto Ruddyjelly.

Martinez, like Souza (similar situation at Leicester) and like O' Driscoll need time to implement a style of footy that many fans are alien too. Martinez will have the biggest struggle due to the pressures of the Prem. Souza will struggle due to the fans thinking they are a massive club.

After all that shite, I think Whelan will stick with Martinez for a few years yet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012