Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:20:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leicester fans are too noisy!  (Read 1751 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Leicester fans are too noisy!
« on August 30, 2010, 06:09:51 pm by silent majority »
I received an e-mail earlier today about events at Leicester which I find incredible, in particular the club have received 23 complaints about certain supporters making too much noise. I hope I'm not breaking any confidences by repeating it here (I have edited it quite a bit)but essentially the main thrust of the argument is below;

With regard to Leicester, a couple months ago, I was approached for advice from a set of fans, another Ultras group, calling themselves the Fosse Boys.  They had a very simple aim, to set up a group of supporters to bring a real atmosphere, passion and colour to the Walkers and wanted advice as to how to go about it.  I advised that they should draw up a constitution, which they did, clearly renouncing racism and violence, and to seek a meeting with the club to make them aware of their plans and with the aim of working together with the club and seeking their co-operation. So far, so good.  Sadly, the meeting with the clubs safety officer, Mr ???,  went badly, with him being pretty disparaging towards the group and their ideas.   During their meeting, when the group pointed out the Football League encouraged atmosphere and used pictures of standing, chanting fans in promotional material, he said \"b*llocks to the League\".

Not to be deterred, the group brought tickets in one area of the ground or transferred existing season tickets so they could all be together.  They admit that they did stand for most of their first game, but so did other fans elsewhere in the ground.  A couple of days later, the group received a message that Mr ??? wanted to speak with them urgently.   Apparently, he'd received 23 complaints about the noise they were making and he said that they must relocate to other parts of the stadium or face being banned....We drafted a stiffly worded letter for them to send to the club.

I'm not sure whether or not the letter was sent, but at their game this weekend, those wearing Fosse Boys scarves were denied entry to 'their' part of the ground and taken elsewhere and the group apparently faced intimidation from the stewards.  Yet again, the outpouring in support of this group has been fantastic with many inundating the club with messages of support for the group.    The media have also taken an interest, including the Mirror, 5 Live and local press.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Leicester fans are too noisy!
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2010, 06:45:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
This doesn't just happen at Leicester, the same at the Keepmoat in reality, many have spoke about that drum, but in reality just getting the right permission for it to be used and being allowed to use it is a nightmare - as proven at the Sheff Wednesday friendly when it was in all reality banned.

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re:Leicester fans are too noisy!t
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2010, 06:51:27 pm by donnievic »
wouldnt mind but the person on the drum is shit

Forkbeard

• Forum Member
Re:Leicester fans are too noisy!t
« Reply #3 on August 30, 2010, 06:53:20 pm by Forkbeard »
Leicester fans are definitely too noisy, I used to have to work with two of the gobsh*tes!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012