Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:10:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: HMV Doncaster  (Read 3857 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
HMV Doncaster
« on August 30, 2010, 09:56:33 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Anyone else noticed the plethora of Leeds Utd merchandise in DONCASTERS HMV???

I asked a sales assistant what the shed load of Leeds books, scarves, badges, Road Tax holders, etc etc were all bout, to which the reply was \"Well...they are back in The Championship now\"

Jesus wept...it beggars belief.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re:HMV Doncaster
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2010, 09:58:28 pm by CusworthRovers »
Stocky running the show.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2010, 10:34:31 pm by Pintolager »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Anyone else noticed the plethora of Leeds Utd merchandise in DONCASTERS HMV???

I asked a sales assistant what the shed load of Leeds books, scarves, badges, Road Tax holders, etc etc were all bout, to which the reply was \"Well...they are back in The Championship now\"

Jesus wept...it beggars belief.

TWD, somebody mentioned this on here the other week, so.................

Baby born in a stable!!!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 30, 2010, 11:07:54 pm by vaya »
Ibis - Pyramid - Stickman - Wavy Lines - Palm Tree - Pyramid - Snake!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2010, 01:11:29 am by Chris »
Cool story, bro.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #5 on August 31, 2010, 07:10:08 am by I-was-there1976 »
was everything in stock i wonder ?

unlike the Rovers club shop

HMV want to make money so they actually stock items that people want or they would nt stock them.

Rovers shop wants to make money so they ermmmmm don't

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2010, 08:14:15 am by godlike1 »
Maybe a complaint letter to the manager may prompt a change or at least an interesting response as to why they are not supporting the local economy (rovers) and if it's not a good enough answer maybe the local papers should be made aware? I realise they have no obligation to put rovers stuff in but it is in the towns/clubs interest to raise the profile of this shit situation?

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2010, 10:24:47 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Yep, I pointed it out a few weeks ago, still can't quite fathom it TBH

Mike H

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2010, 10:26:37 am by Mike H »
I think you will find that HMV will have been asked if they would stock the Leeds stuff.
A case of Leeds United being proactive in getting their goods and therefore publicity out there.

On that scenario, we have to presume that either
(a) the HMV manager is a Leeds fan or
(b) DRFC have not asked to have anything stocked in HMV.

If the answer is (a), the best we can hope for is to persuade him to change his obvious lack of judgement, but if it's (b), it's down to the infamous Rovers shop and/or marketing department again!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2010, 10:32:01 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Actually to be fair HMV Sheffield used to stock some Rovers stuff a few months ago, whether they do now or not I don't know.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 31, 2010, 10:49:55 am by Standanista »
godlike1 wrote:
Maybe a complaint letter to the manager may prompt a change or at least an interesting response as to why they are not supporting the local economy (rovers) and if it's not a good enough answer maybe the local papers should be made aware? I realise they have no obligation to put rovers stuff in but it is in the towns/clubs interest to raise the profile of this shit situation?

Rovers' marketing department are onto it.

Ergo, there's nowt there.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 31, 2010, 10:55:26 am by BLIR »
I once worked in HMV in Liverpool.

A Scouse scally came in and asked me if we had anything by doors.

I said \"yes, 2 security guards so don't even think about it you thieving bas**rd!\"

:laugh:  :laugh:

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 31, 2010, 11:13:17 am by eastender »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I noticed it in HMV today as well. Fair play to them, at last they know their market...

Rigo i detect a hint of the WUM factor in your post,but your right ,unfortunately there are probably as many arm chair Leed's fans in Doncaster as there are Rovers fans.

Therefore it makes sense to sell their merchandise in Doncaster, and using a middle man is cheaper than opening there own shop.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 31, 2010, 12:43:34 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
Surely none of this has anything to do with the Rovers anymore given that the shop is now run by Nike (or its affiliates).

I always got the impression that the Rovers didn't want to sell their products anywhere else as it reduces profit levels.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 31, 2010, 01:21:31 pm by RobTheRover »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:
Surely none of this has anything to do with the Rovers anymore given that the shop is now run by Nike (or its affiliates).

I always got the impression that the Rovers didn't want to sell their products anywhere else as it reduces profit levels.

Not quite true, but there was a ceiling figure that they would not go below in terms of profit.  I had discussions with Shaun Lockwood about this last season, and he revealed they were trying to get a range of Rovers goods into a certain large supermarket, but the manager wasnt having any of it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 31, 2010, 01:26:31 pm by MrFrost »
Plenty of other stores in town that Rovers could target. If they could be bothered.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 31, 2010, 01:41:30 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
RobTheRover wrote:
Not quite true, but there was a ceiling figure that they would not go below in terms of profit.  I had discussions with Shaun Lockwood about this last season, and he revealed they were trying to get a range of Rovers goods into a certain large supermarket, but the manager wasnt having any of it.

I sincerely hope that the supermarket wasn't Asda.  I was in their Thurmaston branch yesterday and was surprised to see a few shelves with the legend \"Leicester City merchandise\" on a swing sign above.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012