Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:51:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adam Lockwood interview  (Read 2273 times)

YEP Digital

• Forum Member
Adam Lockwood interview
« on August 31, 2010, 10:52:06 am by YEP Digital »
When Adam Lockwood broke his foot early last season, few expected to see the combative defender back in action during Rovers' 2009-10 campaign.

And when the injury curse struck again on the verge of his comeback, the more cynical South Yorkshire folk could have been forgiven for waving goodbye to the 28-year-old.

Click on the link: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/Doncaster-Rovers-Adam-Lockwood-interview.6503712.jp

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re:Adam Lockwood interview
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2010, 12:56:02 pm by CusworthRovers »
Good read on Locky and his thoughts on the game and DRFC.

He played well on Saturday, the most comfortable I have seen him in a while. I have to say his thoughts of keep improving as a player and as a club are most apt, yet make him vulnerable too. The so called stalwarts and 'Pre O'Driscoll era' are JOC, Copps, Locky and as we do improve or take the next step, I only see one of those possibly getting left behind and maybe let go, as we try and march on. It also says a great deal about the other two. That said, Locky is with us for this and the next season.

.......again thinking of this subject, even the old timers in Seans era are possibly and likely the next to the exit doors ie Sam and Sulli. Sad in one respect, but good news in another, as it means we must have brought more quality in for those to go.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2010, 01:12:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
Just shows how we see things differently, Cussie, as I thought things improved no end after he went off and I, personally, think he's not quite up to it. A good squad member, but that's about it, for me. We need a quality CB still.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2010, 01:20:46 pm by CusworthRovers »
Alan Southstand wrote:
Just shows how we see things differently, Cussie, as I thought things improved no end after he went off and I, personally, think he's not quite up to it. A good squad member, but that's about it, for me. We need a quality CB still.

No, I actually see the overall picture like you mate regards the player and that position. I just thought he looked OK for the first time in a long time on Saturday, or better/accomplished than he has for a while.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2010, 01:26:05 pm by RobTheRover »
I agree with both points.  Locky looked OK, and actually came short for it, wanted it, etc, and yet we looked better in the second half with Sam on.  Watching the Barmby goal on TV again, I think out 2 CB's got too close together.  Either of them could have cleared it, and i think this led to Martis's hesitancy in cutting it out, almost a case of \"after you, Claude\".

snods big brother

« Reply #5 on August 31, 2010, 03:33:47 pm by snods big brother »
Irrespective of the the fact that they may be too close, if you are defending you have to be positive and make the ball yours not expect or wait to see what your fellow CB is going to do.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2010, 04:29:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
The basic problem, as I see it, when Lockwood partners Martis is ther fact that they get too square on to each other. It was noticeable how Sam dropped back a couple of yards after he came on, which gives Martis the incentive to get in there and committ himself, having the knowledge that there's someone covering for him, should he mess up.

The basic problem is that we lack any pace at all, which was spotted on one of the Hull game reviews I read over the w/e. We need to address that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2010, 06:04:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Echo that.

That's why we need either JOC or Sam at the back.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2010, 10:34:38 pm by CusworthRovers »
No disrespect to Adrian, but he has his share of critics on here. He's often accused of being overcome by nerves or getting bullied or lack of any decent distribution. None of these are bad shouts, but IMO are not everyday occurrences in his game. Hirdy should be  back up in all honesty as should Locky. We need 2 comfortable CH's who tick as many boxes that need ticking.

JOC yes, but he's my RB first and foremost. My opinion like.

Unless, they cannot gel, then it has to be Thomas and Martis for a good run. After a period, we should all review it on how this partnership is shaping up (as I hope Sean will)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012