Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:15:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Agreed loan signings???  (Read 2229 times)

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
Agreed loan signings???
« on August 31, 2010, 05:39:42 pm by ljm-drfc »
After signing Billy, Gartom said we had agreed to sign 2 loan signings, I carnt see mason being an agreed signing, I think we got him because of the hayter injury, so where are they? If they were agreed over a month ago we shouldn't be taking it this late, I don't think we will sign anyone in the last 20mins.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

macca_the_rover

• Forum Member
Re:Agreed loan signings???
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2010, 05:43:57 pm by macca_the_rover »
On Sky Sports News they interviewed Harry Redknapp and he said that they are looking to send some youth players out on loan. I know we were linked with Danny Rose but anyway heres to hoping in the last 15 minutes or so

Chrisd_123

« Reply #2 on August 31, 2010, 05:45:29 pm by Chrisd_123 »
macca_the_rover wrote:
On Sky Sports News they interviewed Harry Redknapp and he said that they are looking to send some youth players out on loan. I know we were linked with Danny Rose but anyway heres to hoping in the last 15 minutes or so

He also said that Spurs were not signing anyone. Look what happened about 10 minutes later  :laugh:

macca_the_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2010, 05:45:49 pm by macca_the_rover »
Can you remember when we got Billy Sharp on loan from sheff u? That didnt get announced till after 6.00 on that deadline.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2010, 05:46:19 pm by Chris »
The 25 man squads will be announced this evening when the transfer window shuts. Non-Premier League clubs, however, can loan players outside of the window so expect the loan signings to come after the internationals.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 31, 2010, 05:48:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Why do people forget that things can go wrong or fall through?  Perhaps that is what happened.  Back in the old days it always used to be said, don't believe it until it's on the official site, well that still stands doesn't it?  At least the OS gets signings right now.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2010, 06:21:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
SOD said last week nothing was likely to happen by this transfer deadline and, the window is only significant if you have money to buy players or, you're selling players.

The loan window re-opens in a week and this is where there it's more likely that things may happen.

As far as we know, there may already be agreements in place, but we're unlikely to hear anything this week at least.

If we do bring anyone in, it's more likely to happen in the days running up to the Watford game. Could even happen as late as Friday before the match.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2010, 07:27:44 pm by BLIR »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Why do people forget that things can go wrong or fall through?  Perhaps that is what happened.  Back in the old days it always used to be said, don't believe it until it's on the official site, well that still stands doesn't it? At least the OS gets signings right now.

True, but they've played 3 games for us by the time the OS puts it on their website :laugh:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2010, 07:55:51 pm by RoversAlias »
ljm-drfc wrote:
After signing Billy, Gartom said we had agreed to sign 2 loan signings, I carnt see mason being an agreed signing, I think we got him because of the hayter injury, so where are they? If they were agreed over a month ago we shouldn't be taking it this late, I don't think we will sign anyone in the last 20mins.

There's no way people are still clinging on to this surely? This was said so long ago, it is obvious that these moves fell through.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012