Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy's Words.  (Read 3789 times)

Yorkshire Lad

• Forum Member
Billy's Words.
« on September 29, 2010, 12:45:55 pm by Yorkshire Lad »
Anyone who went to Coventry yesterday get a sense to what Billy Sharp was saying during his goal celebration, he seemed to be grabbing his shirt as an indication to look at the badge got no understanding of what he was saying though. Anyone who was sat near the front hear what he was saying to the fans?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Billy's Words.
« Reply #1 on September 29, 2010, 03:28:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No idea, I'd like to know aswell, seamt like he was making a point about something.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 29, 2010, 03:32:06 pm by tommy toes »
Probably along the lines of 'It's about time I got a good ball to run on to and score. Up the Rovers!!'

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 29, 2010, 05:29:10 pm by keyser_soze »
I was sat a bit closer to the front, he was sticking one finger up (not that one), and i got the gist he was saying: 'one chance, goal', or 'first chance, goal'

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 29, 2010, 08:08:42 pm by ravenrover »
I think it was a bit more than that, he seemed to go on for about what seemed 30secs, pointing and gesticulating. It seemed to me as though he was demanding a bit more reaction and support from the Rovers fans which they certainly gave in the second half/
Must say that the acoustics in the Ricoh are good and just a few fans can sound as though they are making alot of noise.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 29, 2010, 11:25:41 pm by yapper1901 »
ravenrover wrote:
I think it was a bit more than that, he seemed to go on for about what seemed 30secs, pointing and gesticulating. It seemed to me as though he was demanding a bit more reaction and support from the Rovers fans which they certainly gave in the second half/
Must say that the acoustics in the Ricoh are good and just a few fans can sound as though they are making alot of noise.

it certainly wasnt that

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 29, 2010, 11:27:27 pm by yapper1901 »
keyser_soze wrote:
I was sat a bit closer to the front, he was sticking one finger up (not that one), and i got the gist he was saying: 'one chance, goal', or 'first chance, goal'

spot on one chance one goal
i think he was making the point if you give him the ball he will score
as the last few matches he seemed to be frustrated at not getting the balls

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 30, 2010, 08:38:14 am by moses »
Watching the gosal on the highlights this morning it was a real Billy finish. Good to see he hasnt lost it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2010, 04:46:12 pm by ravenrover »
yapper1901 wrote:
ravenrover wrote:

it certainly wasnt that

I do apologise, I must bow to your superior ability to lip-read something that no-one else managed to do or is it just YOUR OPINION as to what he said.
And the reason you are so definite with your opinion of what he said is?
Perhaps you can lip read what I am saying at the moment to your response !!

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #9 on September 30, 2010, 07:56:33 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
and there was me thinking he said........

i am kicking this advertisement hoarding in protest against the capitalist exploitation of football and the high prices charged for tickets, which ordinary fans can no longer afford. just look at all these empty seats, the Specials, that famous Coventry Ska band were right in saying 'this town's becoming like a ghost town'. and that's before we consider the cuts from those Tories and their LibDem sycophants. the cuts are idealogicaly driven and an assault on hard working people in the Public Sector. this makes me so angry. i've a good mind to become an MP for Doncaster and lead the Labour Party back into power as Prime Minister.But then why should i take a pay cut?

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2010, 10:59:21 pm by yapper1901 »
yapper1901 wrote:
ravenrover wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
ravenrover wrote:

it certainly wasnt that

I do apologise, I must bow to your superior ability to lip-read something that no-one else managed to do or is it just YOUR OPINION as to what he said.
And the reason you are so definite with your opinion of what he said is?
Perhaps you can lip read what I am saying at the moment to your response !!

no worries no need to apologize :woohoo:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012