Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:30:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Josh Payne  (Read 1787 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Josh Payne
« on September 29, 2010, 06:08:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Staying at Oxford until January which is when his contract with us expires aswell.  Last we've seen of him?

Wasn't he something to do with the injury to Wayne Thomas and then subsequently went straight out on loan?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re:Josh Payne
« Reply #1 on September 29, 2010, 06:37:09 pm by VikingJames »
Hope we're not getting rid of him just because of that.

Showed plenty of potential in pre-season and the Accrington game.

DRFCDANNY

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 30, 2010, 04:52:45 pm by DRFCDANNY »
stupid if it is for that reason  :dry:

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 30, 2010, 05:15:09 pm by timdrfc »
Doubt it's for that, for my 2 penneth i'd say lower than expected home fans so someone had to go.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 30, 2010, 06:06:39 pm by The Red Baron »
Mmmm... I doubt he's a big earner so I doubt his wages will make much of a difference to the wage bill.

I see it more like this: he has until January to convince Rovers to offer him a longer deal. But he can't do that without playing football, so Rovers will let him go out and will track his progress (expect to see SO'D or RO'K popping up at the odd Oxford game.) If he shows he's got something, he'll be offered a deal and perhaps the opportunity to fight for a place in the new year. If he doesn't look as though he'll cut the mustard at Championship level, at least he could land a long-term deal at Oxford.

Seems like a win-win to me. Better than being at the back of a long queue for a midfield berth at Rovers- and if we hit an injury crisis we can recall him.

I can't say for definite but perhaps his frustration at not getting a game led him to make an over-enthusiastic tackle in training?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012