Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:17:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders OUT  (Read 8435 times)

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
Saunders OUT
« on March 20, 2012, 11:10:58 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
He has to go and go NOW! Not to save this season as we have gone already. If we start with him in charge next season we will be in yet another relegation dog fight once again.

Saunders does not get his message across to the players – there is no structure, discipline or team ethic whatsoever. Just look at the way Diouf thinks he runs the show on the pitch, always  having a go at other players, trying to do everything himself (for his own headlines not for the team), forever throwing his arms up and standing still (instead of getting back) when things don’t go his way, and worst of all he never sits on the bench when subbed to encourage the team.

Then there’s the football rhetoric crap he comes out with week in week out.  

If you look at what he has got to work with he should be getting better work rate, effort and commitment out of the players.

JR – act now and line the club up with some kind of future to look forward to. It’s obvious the players do not want to play for him. Just ask Stock and Coppinger.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Re: Saunders OUT
« Reply #1 on March 20, 2012, 11:15:27 pm by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"1-0 to the Doncaster\" post=227916
He has to go and go NOW! Not to save this season as we have gone already. If we start with him in charge next season we will be in yet another relegation dog fight once again.

Saunders does not get his message across to the players – there is no structure, discipline or team ethic whatsoever. Just look at the way Diouf thinks he runs the show on the pitch, always  having a go at other players, trying to do everything himself (for his own headlines not for the team), forever throwing his arms up and standing still (instead of getting back) when things don’t go his way, and worst of all he never sits on the bench when subbed to encourage the team.

If you look at what he has got to work with he should be getting better work rate, effort and commitment out of the players.

JR – act now and line the club up with some kind of future to look forward to. It’s obvious the players do not want to play for him. Just ask Stock and Coppinger.
personally i couldnt agree more with this

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 20, 2012, 11:18:15 pm by bedale rover »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=227920

personally i couldnt agree more with this

seconded

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2012, 09:09:43 am by sedwardsdrfc »
i would sack him now so we can get a new manager to see what players he wants and where we need to improve (everywhere i know). i do feel a bit sorry for deano cuz those players would get this club relegated whoever is manager but we never have a plan or look organised our only tactic is long ball when we are the worst team in the air in the whole football leauge and beyond. complete joke

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #4 on March 21, 2012, 09:43:54 am by Rovin Reporter »

Don't go down that road as it may cause offence to those who pay his wages ... Wait on .. That's you and me .. Carry on

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2012, 09:56:23 am by donnymatty »
He just can't get the players motivated for big games, we just turn up to give a piece a shit to the fans. Saunders out!

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 21, 2012, 10:03:02 am by roversam »
Quote from: \"donnymatty\" post=228055
He just can't get the players motivated for big games,. we just turn up to give a piece a shit to the fans. Saunders out!
Hang on what about West Ham, Reading and Forest games? they weren't big games then. :facepalm:

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2012, 10:07:19 am by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"roversam\" post=228061
He just can't get the players motivated for big games,. we just turn up to give a piece a shit to the fans. Saunders out!
Hang on what about West Ham, Reading and Forest games? they weren't big games then. :facepalm:

Obviously not, apparently when we get good results it's down to the players, when we get bad results it's down to the manager. He can't f**king come on the pitch and play himself you good for nothing pieces of shit! You called for O'driscoll, he's gone. You wanted new players, we got them, you complained. We got a new manager, you still f**king complain!

That wasn't at you btw Rovers sam! Getting really pissed off with our so called fans.

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 21, 2012, 10:13:40 am by donnymatty »
I was never one of those who called for o driscoll out and can u honestly tell me that Saunders will get us out of this mess after looking at the last 2 games?

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 21, 2012, 10:14:26 am by redrover19 »
The big games that donnymatty is referring to are the three homegames we have just had, 1 point out of a very possible 9 in the space of a week I to be honest embarrassing. Motivation and tactics were clearly never tought to our glorious leader

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 21, 2012, 10:20:15 am by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=228065
Quote from: \"roversam\" post=228061

Obviously not, apparently when we get good results it's down to the players, when we get bad results it's down to the manager. He can't fcuking come on the pitch and play himself you good for nothing pieces of shit! You called for O'driscoll, he's gone. You wanted new players, we got them, you complained. We got a new manager, you still fcuking complain!

That wasn't at you btw Rovers sam! Getting really pissed off with our so called fans.
there is absolutely no need for that at all! Personal insults will get you nowhere ad means your argument means nothing! I didn't call for o driscoll to be sacked and was gutted when he was.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 21, 2012, 10:39:50 am by bigal »
Got to go now nearly fully fit squad and only getting one point
a game just not good enough

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 21, 2012, 10:53:30 am by ditch_drfc »
How can you be calling for Saunders to go? At such a crucial time. We're back in the same situation on this forum as we were before we sacked SOD. Who's going to manage us better? It's alright saying \"Saunders Out\", but tell me, who right at this moment will manage us better. And before anyone suggests it, Mark Wilson, Dave Penney and Neil Sullivan are pathetic answers!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 21, 2012, 10:54:40 am by hoolahoop »
Hang on what about the strategy, shouldn't that be a guarantee of survival ?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 21, 2012, 10:55:47 am by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=228084
How can you be calling for Saunders to go? At such a crucial time. We're back in the same situation on this forum as we were before we sacked SOD. Who's going to manage us better? It's alright saying \"Saunders Out\", but tell me, who right at this moment will manage us better. And before anyone suggests it, Mark Wilson, Dave Penney and Neil Sullivan are pathetic answers!
mark robins, someone who is capable of managing, and rebuilding

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 21, 2012, 11:02:51 am by mutleyrover »

Plenty of very good managers currenlty out of work but no manager worthy of the title will come into the club while the current policy/strategy or whatever you want to call it is being adopted.

The Saunders appointment has worked though cos we get a lot more publicity as a club now so JR must be happy.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 21, 2012, 11:04:55 am by Wild Rover »
There seem to be about 60 regular posters on this forum ( based on votes for MOM ), whilst at this moment there seem to be about a dozen who want Saunders out. I personally cant see Ryan aquiessing to ( extrapolated )1600 fans demands.

I dont know if Saunders has it in him to manage at Championship level, but in the past managers have been sacked by clubs and then gone on to greater things with other clubs ( Swansea manager an example ).

The whole thing is exactly who would DRFC go for.

Belle View

« Reply #17 on March 21, 2012, 11:05:41 am by Belle View »
Whatever made John Ryan think that Dean Saunders (managing a conference side) would be able to manage a Championship side as in my opinion he seems well out of his depth. On Tuesday nights evidence there seems little team spirit with one of the worst performances I have witnessed in a long time, and agree totally with the thoughts of '1-0 to the Doncaster'. Everything we have built over the last few years has now been totally destroyed with the incoming of loanee players who were out of work and are now playing for Doncaster in the hope of rekindling their own careers. Diouf attempts to run the show on the field and does not provide any team spirit. Just look at Coppinger - he looks like someone who has had the wind well and truly took out his sails. The future at Rovers looks a little bleak this morning and the thought of Saunders and Mckay taking us into League One and beyond worries me.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 21, 2012, 11:17:35 am by podrover73 »
Saunders has to go because we are now down in League 1.
He has no tactical nous and should never have been appointed, which other Championship club would have appointed a Conference manager when looking for a replacement.

Feel sorry for JR he has been royally stabbed in ther back.First off he is forced into sacking O'Driscoll by the KM2 and then months later they pulll the rug from under him by removing their cash support, well Watsons anyway.

We have to look forward to next season with optimism and it aint with Saunders.

There are good managers out there , look at the thirty plus applicants for the Rotherham job proves that.

Nothing to salvage from this season now so we need to rebuild NOW!

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 21, 2012, 11:17:56 am by bigal »
Suanders has had 30 games in
charge of rovers and got us 30 points any manager with that record would be sacked end of

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 21, 2012, 11:25:04 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"bigal\" post=228098
charge of rovers and got us 30 points any manager with that record would be sacked end of

This.

No matter how much I feel Saunders wants to do well, that stat will not change.  His players aren't rubbish a team with players like Diouf, Beye, Ikeme, Chimbonda, Coppinger, Stock etc should not be where it is in the league, simple as that.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 21, 2012, 11:26:53 am by hoolahoop »

I couldn't agree more , btw SO'D is only down the road anyone got his number ? Meanwhile we have our old superhero collecting splinters in his arse down South.
It's all gone wrong and I'm not convinced that the KM2 did force out SO'D and acquiesce to this strategy after all they all fecked off not long afterwards. :unsure:

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 21, 2012, 11:32:48 am by mutleyrover »
Just out of interest, Reading appointed a manager with experience of only managing at Conference level and they are not doing too badly are they.  Whatever you make of Saunders credentials, I dont think you can argue the fact he was manageing in the conference should stop him being sucessful at this level.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 21, 2012, 11:37:46 am by bpoolrover »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=228102

This.

No matter how much I feel Saunders wants to do well, that stat will not change.  His players aren't rubbish a team with players like Diouf, Beye, Ikeme, Chimbonda, Coppinger, Stock etc should not be where it is in the league, simple as that.
Copps was awful last night and has been most of the season,he lives off the southend performance and a few decent ones since,stock has been poor or injured.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 21, 2012, 11:47:29 am by stockyboy »
Saunders IN! The fact he's seen lots of players ccome in and go out must be hard on other players to get used to each other and gel like a team, let alone a manager trying to find a system to fit them all in.

It's all about learning, he's learning what this league is like and he has done well, getting us wins in his first few games after an awful run of defeats, drawing against the likes of West Ham and Reading and winning away at Forest.

Going down could be the best thing that happens for the club in the future. We can get rid of the \"big names\", get shut of some of them who haven't cut it and start to rebuild a club with our own players.

Timbo042

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 21, 2012, 12:12:05 pm by Timbo042 »
Agree with you Stockyboy, looking at the bigger picture and we're a small club with a wage budget to match, we've had too many long term sickys, Woods, Brown, Chambers and yes even Stocky. We cant and havent managed this, the goalkeeper crisis which has been ongoing since Sullys decline in form is beyond me! I dont think we've been ruthless enough,if we'd have cut the dead wood in the summer the things might have looked different right now, but who knows...................
Ill still be there next season where ever were playing!

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 21, 2012, 12:22:12 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"podrover73\" post=228097
Saunders has to go because we are now down in League 1.
He has no tactical nous and should never have been appointed, which other Championship club would have appointed a Conference manager when looking for a replacement.

Feel sorry for JR he has been royally stabbed in ther back.First off he is forced into sacking O'Driscoll by the KM2 and then months later they pulll the rug from under him by removing their cash support, well Watsons anyway.

We have to look forward to next season with optimism and it aint with Saunders.

There are good managers out there , look at the thirty plus applicants for the Rotherham job proves that.

Nothing to salvage from this season now so we need to rebuild NOW!

A reminder that Barnsley appointed Danny Wilson in 1995, who had no managerial experience at all. He got them promoted to the Premiership. Past history is not a foolproof indication of future potential. Gus Poyet had no previous managerial experience prior to Brighton, and look where they are in the league.

As for the 30 applicants for the Rotherham job, I can take an educated guess that 28 of them  will be from people who will stand no chance at all of getting the job.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 21, 2012, 02:33:28 pm by timdrfc »
Just got my season ticket for next year & hope  Saunders is given time like SOD had. The players are the ones who can't compete at this level & would struggle in L2 on the last 2 performances. Take to long on ball can't pass to our own players , can't shoot for toffee don't tackle lack of desire maybe it's like the Chelsea players  who won't play for the manager either way we need a big clear out .

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 21, 2012, 02:42:52 pm by drfc1951 »
Should have had a big clear out last summer from manager down.

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 21, 2012, 02:47:35 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
JR - please use the next 2 weeks to tap up the next manager. Sack Saunders following yet another poor Home performsnce on Easter Monday. Get the new coaching staff in place ready for the final few home games of the season to see some green shoots of recovery and we all go away looking forward to L1.

However rational the above plan is, I suspect it's not straightforward. JR is wanting out; why would he waste money on severence deals for Saunders and assistant? McKay obviously has a major influence - we are heading for a political car crash with the fans left in the middle.

SO

TinyPortal © 2005-2012