Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:15:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders OUT  (Read 8477 times)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
Re: Saunders OUT
« Reply #30 on March 21, 2012, 09:14:25 pm by bedale rover »
Quote from: \"mutleyrover\" post=228108
Just out of interest, Reading appointed a manager with experience of only managing at Conference level and they are not doing too badly are they.  Whatever you make of Saunders credentials, I dont think you can argue the fact he was manageing in the conference should stop him being sucessful at this level.

brian mcdermott was assistant manager promoted to caretaker and then got the job on the back of his success  ie he earnt it!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 21, 2012, 09:20:25 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"bedale rover\" post=228383
Just out of interest, Reading appointed a manager with experience of only managing at Conference level and they are not doing too badly are they.  Whatever you make of Saunders credentials, I dont think you can argue the fact he was manageing in the conference should stop him being sucessful at this level.

brian mcdermott was assistant manager promoted to caretaker and then got the job on the back of his success  ie he earnt it!

Ok, what about , poyet, McKay,  barmby,  freedman, Clough,  dyche,  Howe, hill,  thorn,  Appleton?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 21, 2012, 09:34:19 pm by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=228387
Quote from: \"bedale rover\" post=228383

Ok, what about , poyet, McKay,  barmby,  freedman, Clough,  dyche,  Howe, hill,  thorn,  Appleton?
just because some managers step up, it doesn't mean they all will, some fail, I believ Saunders has/will. Plus Howe has L1 and L2 experience. Thorn isn't doing the best of jobs.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 21, 2012, 09:36:46 pm by dickos1 »
The point is people are saying we shouldn't of appointed him just because he didn't have any championship experience. None of the above did either, and Saunders got the toughest job out of all of them

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 21, 2012, 09:53:32 pm by Donnybax »
yeah its a valid point. However we shouldnt be using it as an excuse for his incompetence either

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 21, 2012, 10:02:43 pm by Red wizard »
Some blame has to lie with the players though. What we going to do sack every manager the player won't play for?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 21, 2012, 10:05:53 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
That will achieve loads wont it? f**kingjokeoffans!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 21, 2012, 10:11:35 pm by River Don »
I'm just so very sad JR didn't stick to his guns when he said there's no point in changing a manager and highlighted Sheffield United as an example of what can go wrong. Well we've gone right down the same road. Bugger.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 21, 2012, 10:35:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"bigal\" post=228098
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=228084
How can you be calling for Saunders to go? At such a crucial time. We're back in the same situation on this forum as we were before we sacked SOD. Who's going to manage us better? It's alright saying \"Saunders Out\", but tell me, who right at this moment will manage us better. And before anyone suggests it, Mark Wilson, Dave Penney and Neil Sullivan are pathetic answers!
Suanders has had 30 games in
charge of rovers and got us 30 points any manager with that record would be sacked end of

Hmm. Between January and December 2007, O'Driscoll won 45 points from 38 games in League 1, with one of the best and most expensive squads in the Division. We looked a shambles for much of that time, with slow, ponderous, apparently punch less football regularly served up. I personally, and several thousand others thought the manager was clueless and was adopting a strategy that could not possibly succeed.

5 months later we beat Leeds at Wembley.

May I politely suggest that those who are now calling for Saunders to go reflect on the above facts and shut the f**k up for a couple of days.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 21, 2012, 10:41:45 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=228410
How can you be calling for Saunders to go? At such a crucial time. We're back in the same situation on this forum as we were before we sacked SOD. Who's going to manage us better? It's alright saying \"Saunders Out\", but tell me, who right at this moment will manage us better. And before anyone suggests it, Mark Wilson, Dave Penney and Neil Sullivan are pathetic answers!
charge of rovers and got us 30 points any manager with that record would be sacked end of

Hmm. Between January and December 2007, O'Driscoll won 45 points from 38 games in League 1, with one of the best and most expensive squads in the Division. We looked a shambles for much of that time, with slow, ponderous, apparently punch less football regularly served up. I personally, and several thousand others thought the manager was clueless and was adopting a strategy that could not possibly succeed.

May I politely suggest that those who are now calling for Saunders to go reflect on the above facts and shut the fcuk up

for a couple of days.

Well said.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 21, 2012, 10:45:29 pm by Mr1Croft »

I can't agree with that.

Wilson and Sullivan have never managed before therefore we don't know how good a manager they could be.

However look at Wilson for a moment. The man has spent as much time as the fans watching the games in his time here as he spent it on the bench. SOD hailed him a future coach and he always read the game well. I'm not saying he should be manager (He could have been caretaker) but I don't think you can call him a pathetic candidate. Maybe a long-shot but not pathetic.

Apart from that I agree with the rest of it :laugh:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 21, 2012, 10:52:41 pm by River Don »
Bit different when the football looks to be getting progressively worse, despite the calibre of the players we've draughted in and we look to be heading for certain relegation.

I reckon a change and a clean slate in the summer would give everyone a little boost.

Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=228410

May I politely suggest that those who are now calling for Saunders to go reflect on the above facts and shut the fcuk up for a couple of days.

two halves

« Reply #42 on March 21, 2012, 10:55:38 pm by two halves »
I think we'll turn it around. Starting Saturday. Saunders in for me. Review at the end of the season.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 21, 2012, 11:01:12 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"two halves\" post=228423
I think we'll turn it around. Starting Saturday. Saunders in for me. Review at the end of the season.

Well he had better hurry up as we have got only 9 games left and we haven't won a home game since the 2nd of January.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 21, 2012, 11:08:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"River Don\" post=228421
Bit different when the football looks to be getting progressively worse, despite the calibre of the players we've draughted in and we look to be heading for certain relegation.

RD: Have you forgotten how woeful we were back in Oct/Dec 07? The games against Walsall, Tranmere, Brighton, Yeovil? And that with a squad that was hugely expensive by the standards of the division. A squad with Stock, Wellens, Coppinger, Sullivan, Hayter, Price, Heffernan, Green, O'Connor looking like mid-table flounderers at best. At the time, it felt like a bloody awful 10 months was getting rapidly worse despite utterly unprecedented investment from Ryan.

madbadrob

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 21, 2012, 11:21:52 pm by madbadrob »
Saunders has a lot to contend with none more so than Diouff and his prima dona antics.  Then we have a few decisions which dont make sense namely taking off strikers for midfield or defenders.  Yes his strategy of long ball game cannot work at our place.  When the ball was on the floor we walked all over Milwall but they cant stick to it any more.  Saunders as a squad that should be capable of putting us mid table but for whatever reason they dont want to perform.  Can anyone recall over last 6 weeks or so when we have had an unchanged side?

Should Saunders be sacked?  Not in my opinion but I do think he needs to drop Diouff and Copps for a game or three.  In fact Copps to me looks a ot like Mcindoe did before he left.  

Oh and for those who keep saying SOD was fired he wasn't he was placed on gardening leave until he left for Forest.  He was the one who told Ryan he had taken the team as far as he could (check the minutes posted by the VSC after a convo with Ryan if you think I am wrong).

What has gone wrong this season?  One word Mckay

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 21, 2012, 11:31:28 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"madbadrob\" post=228435
Saunders has a lot to contend with none more so than Diouff and his prima dona antics.  Then we have a few decisions which dont make sense namely taking off strikers for midfield or defenders.  Yes his strategy of long ball game cannot work at our place.  When the ball was on the floor we walked all over Milwall but they cant stick to it any more.  Saunders as a squad that should be capable of putting us mid table but for whatever reason they dont want to perform.  Can anyone recall over last 6 weeks or so when we have had an unchanged side?

Should Saunders be sacked?  Not in my opinion but I do think he needs to drop Diouff and Copps for a game or three.  In fact Copps to me looks a ot like Mcindoe did before he left.  

Oh and for those who keep saying SOD was fired he wasn't he was placed on gardening leave until he left for Forest.  He was the one who told Ryan he had taken the team as far as he could (check the minutes posted by the VSC after a convo with Ryan if you think I am wrong).

You're not wrong there! It's nice to see more people commenting against McKay. Always said it was never only me that could see that the McKay plan is all a load of crap!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 21, 2012, 11:37:05 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=228440

You're not wrong there! It's nice to see more people commenting against McKay. Always said it was never only me that could see that the McKay plan is all a load of crap!

You joking Mckay is the reason we have a chance....

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 21, 2012, 11:38:48 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=228443

End of?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 21, 2012, 11:44:27 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

But then again .....lets hope we lose the next 10 games by at least  20!! That will be ace??????? I hope they lose I really do....

1) I suppport Leeds / Weds and other daft CLUB
2) I have no brain ...no really i dont
3) I love anything to make JR walk out cos I am SIMPLE!

GAME ON!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 21, 2012, 11:47:28 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=228448

But then again .....lets hope we lose the next 10 games by at least  20!! That will be ace??????? I hope they lose I really do....

GAME ON!

Me to throw first? Shall i aim the dart at Saunders, or his boyfriend?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 21, 2012, 11:52:14 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=228450

GAME ON!

Maybe we could just set ourself on fire and expect someone to put us out?   Like the last ten years ......

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 21, 2012, 11:55:27 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=228453
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=228450

GAME ON!

Maybe we could just set ourself on fire and expect someone to put us out?   Like the last ten years ......

Have you seen the prices of petrol nowadays?!?

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 22, 2012, 01:33:53 am by tuffty »
Quote from: \"Belle View\" post=228092
Whatever made John Ryan think that Dean Saunders (managing a conference side) would be able to manage a Championship side as in my opinion he seems well out of his depth. On Tuesday nights evidence there seems little team spirit with one of the worst performances I have witnessed in a long time, and agree totally with the thoughts of '1-0 to the Doncaster'. Everything we have built over the last few years has now been totally destroyed with the incoming of loanee players who were out of work and are now playing for Doncaster in the hope of rekindling their own careers. Diouf attempts to run the show on the field and does not provide any team spirit. Just look at Coppinger - he looks like someone who has had the wind well and truly took out his sails. The future at Rovers looks a little bleak this morning and the thought of Saunders and Mckay taking us into League One and beyond worries me.

Just wanted to pick up on the coppinger part of what your saying, to me he is at his best when out on the wing and running at the opposition yet on tuesday night he never once got anywhere near those white lines, and ended up having a quiet game, now that has got to be DS instructing him to stay more central but it just didn't work, why could everybody in the stand see it but not DS, i'm not trying to slate Dean or want him out, but to me the tactics we are using and style of football is just completely wrong as all we needed to do from SOD'S era was to improve on the final third side of our game, not completely ruin it and play like Shit!!!

Just my thoughts though!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 22, 2012, 09:36:05 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=228429
Quote from: \"River Don\" post=228421

RD: Have you forgotten how woeful we were back in Oct/Dec 07? The games against Walsall, Tranmere, Brighton, Yeovil? And that with a squad that was hugely expensive by the standards of the division. A squad with Stock, Wellens, Coppinger, Sullivan, Hayter, Price, Heffernan, Green, O'Connor looking like mid-table flounderers at best. At the time, it felt like a bloody awful 10 months was getting rapidly worse despite utterly unprecedented investment from Ryan.

I'm sure if we hadn't reached the play-offs that season O'Driscoll would have been fired. I'd like to think that as Saunders was brought in to keep us up that he would also leave us if we go down.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 22, 2012, 09:38:14 am by The Red Baron »

Hearsay, m'lud!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012