Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:47:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Best away Day?  (Read 4750 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Best away Day?
« Reply #60 on Today at 04:58:41 am by Nudga »
Halifax Town away on Boxing Day 1992 was a good one. We were trailing 2-0 right up to nearly 90mins then Centre Half Steve Richards scored a brace in injury time to secure a 2-2 draw, scenes in the away end!

Going nuts on a frozen tarmac slope.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on Today at 06:03:42 am by turnbull for england »
Another that comes to mind is when we played Rochdale away & Dave ‘Bruno’ Jones scored a hat trick on what was (I think) his debut. The terrace behind the goal was absolutely rocking. Think we won 0-3.
That was a great day Herbert, the same game that Paul Chrichton saved the same penalty 3 times!

It wasnt the same game, BR , Brunos hat trick on debut was  1989 , Chrichton was year after,  a remarkable couple of games to win , to win 3 nil and have memorable events in each

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on Today at 06:42:40 am by normal rules »
York Street Boston.
My second team .
Only played a few times there of course but they were always belter games. Crammed in at the York st end and then the final
Time played there when we packed out the Townend Terrace. Sadly no longer used but remains there un touched and unchanged from the day they closed the gates for the final
Time

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on Today at 07:03:47 am by Padge_DRFC »
Blackpool and Grimsby for me.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on Today at 08:08:02 am by Chris Black come back »
Charlton in the play offs. I’ll take the memories of celebrating Andy Butlers goal to the grave.

There have been so many great away days but despite losing on pens the Charlton game is right up there as one of the best.
That Butler goal and the aftermath was amazing and when Marquis headed in that third goal I had an out of body experience.
The only time I have ever felt like that at a football match.

Still gets me that police advised the penalties to be taken at the other end to us. Not sure if it’s ever been decided that way in any other match before or always been the coin toss.

The Butler chant though was class!

We were clearly cheated.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on Today at 08:45:38 am by ravenrover »
Early 70's Torquay away Aug Bank hols. Travelling on Arthurs Traction bus through the night. Traffic jam one of the lads sat in the open doorway handing in bottles of milk from the milk float stuck on the inside of the bus then fruit from the fruit and veg van  also on the inside lane.
Meet where I drop you .
The big lads throwing deck chairs into the sea, red hot weather poor game 1-1 if I remember. Anyway the evening in Torquay and back to the pick up point. No bus. What do we do walking along the prom what comes in the opposite direction a Trackie bus. We changed the pickup didn't any body tell you ?
Back to Donny minus 1 passenger, the vicar had been retained in Torquay by the constabulary a large bunch of bananas had been lifted. My future brother in law broke the news to Dave's mum when she asked him "where's our Dave?"
A great day out
« Last Edit: Today at 08:48:45 am by ravenrover »

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on Today at 11:23:03 am by Bessie Red »
Halifax Town away on Boxing Day 1992 was a good one. We were trailing 2-0 right up to nearly 90mins then Centre Half Steve Richards scored a brace in injury time to secure a 2-2 draw, scenes in the away end!

Going nuts on a frozen tarmac slope.
Yeah and jumping over the wall and celebrating with the players!!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on Today at 11:25:14 am by Bessie Red »
Another that comes to mind is when we played Rochdale away & Dave ‘Bruno’ Jones scored a hat trick on what was (I think) his debut. The terrace behind the goal was absolutely rocking. Think we won 0-3.
That was a great day Herbert, the same game that Paul Chrichton saved the same penalty 3 times!

It wasnt the same game, BR , Brunos hat trick on debut was  1989 , Chrichton was year after,  a remarkable couple of games to win , to win 3 nil and have memorable events in each
Correct, isnt getting older a bitch!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on Today at 02:17:34 pm by IDM »
The atmosphere when Rob Jones scored the 94th minute winner at Stevenage took some beating, or the 3-1 win at Rushden and Diamonds..

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on Today at 02:42:09 pm by MachoMadness »
The atmosphere when Rob Jones scored the 94th minute winner at Stevenage took some beating, or the 3-1 win at Rushden and Diamonds..
We seemed to come from behind and scored late winners so many times during that league one title season. Only fitting the season ended the way it did. That team never knew when it was beaten.

edlored

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on Today at 02:59:47 pm by edlored »
For me every away game in our conference promotion season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012