Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:40:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Trevor Kettle Appreciation Thread  (Read 3555 times)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
The Trevor Kettle Appreciation Thread
« on August 25, 2012, 05:52:51 pm by Woodhead Passer »
I think the refereeing matched how great the game was itself  :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: The Trevor Kettle Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2012, 06:10:57 pm by RobTheRover »
Baffling decisions.

Why did he insist Benno went to the touchline when he hadn't received any treatment?

Let a number of pushes go on our players, notably on The Decorator usually a second or so before the ball came to him.

Having said that,  we looked tired and lacked invention. It felt like a preseason friendly today.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2012, 07:14:50 pm by vaya »
Baffling decisions.

Why did he insist Benno went to the touchline when he hadn't received any treatment?

Let a number of pushes go on our players, notably on The Decorator usually a second or so before the ball came to him.

Having said that,  we looked tired and lacked invention. It felt like a preseason friendly today.

Paynter was repeatedly shoved in the back during the second half, and the linesman in front of the West stand appeared to have got his arms from an Airfix kit.

Having said that we did look jaded today, and I'm slightly concerned that the non-existent pre-season for a number of players might be catching up with them.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2012, 07:16:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I think the lino on the west stand was probably pigged off with Mr Kettle overuling him in the first 5 minutes or so when invariably the lino was correct and Kettle wrong

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2012, 07:27:13 pm by Wellred »
To be fair to Mr Kettle you know exactly what you are going to get.

The man is an absolute clown.
How he is still refereeing at this level I will never know.

Donny_Ipstone

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2012, 11:19:09 pm by Donny_Ipstone »
Mr Kettle is a good referee.  If Donny plays like a team in the Anglian Combination Division 4 one cannot blame the referee for the defeat.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2012, 11:20:49 pm by mushRTID »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2012, 11:42:29 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Mr Kettle is a good referee.  If Donny plays like a team in the Anglian Combination Division 4 one cannot blame the referee for the defeat.

Well I for one is pretty gobsmacked by that comment, Mr Kettle has been around for a fair old while and has got a deserved reputation for some incredible decisions which was yet again proved today.

I am NOT saying we deserved owt cos we were rubbish, however lets just point at one incident, WHY did he insist Kyle Bennet went off the field of play when no physios etc had been on the pitch to treat him. unfortunetly Mr Kettle seems to think the whole game revolves around him  and not the teams out there.......

Donny_Ipstone

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 26, 2012, 12:15:58 am by Donny_Ipstone »
Law 5 of the Laws of the Game provides that the referee, in the present case Mr Kettle, must first ascertain of the injured player whether he requires medical attention. If the player does require attention, then the referee authorises the doctor or physio to enter upon the field of play. Once the doctor or physio has been so authorised, the injured player must be removed from the field of play whether in fact he actually receives attention or not.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 26, 2012, 12:51:59 am by Dagenham Rover »
Did you see anybody enter the field of play, I reckon about 6 and half thousand didn't and one  did  just a rough guess mind
and you are not telling me he knows the absolute exact wording  of all laws or is that the one he looked up last night  so he can go against the normal interpretation
Hate to say it Mr Kettle is all about the big "I am, the games about me"

oh and lets not go to the overiding the decisions of the west stand lino in the first 5 minutes when Mr K was totally wrong and the lino was correct.

I am not blaming him for us losing but  he makes totally inexplicable decisions, I seem to remember some pretty interesting decisions on his televised matches last season, the bloke puts his own interpretation on the rules and stuff everybody else
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:26:55 am by Dagenham.Rover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 26, 2012, 07:05:00 am by Donnywolf »

I for one do not blame the Referee for the loss to Crawley. Both teams were utter s**** and served up a spectacle which would not have a first time spectator returning for a second helping

However that does not stop me giving an opinion on the Referees performance which as you pointed out is in parallel to the game itself - and my opinion is that the Referee yesterday got an incredible amount of decisions wrong (as he usually does) and was a complete K***head by the end of the game

I think we have won the 10 or 11 games we have played with this Referee in charge and he has been bizarre in his decision making in most of them and I think we have benefitted from some of those decisions (JPT V Crewe springs to mind) BUT I would not say he won us the games no more than I would say he lost us it yesterday

Quite simply .... we could not have won because we would not have scored if we had played till Midninght BUT he was as usual a really S*** Ref and should not be officiating in games at this level   

Spike

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 26, 2012, 08:41:47 am by Spike »
You all should take note Donny_Ipstone was a Macclesfield fan until it looked as if they were being relegated to the conference, then went over to Man City but gave up when people took the Micky for them buying the league.  It looks as if he has now chosen Donny.  We don't need to worry about him turning up to games as he only goes when he can borrow somebodies season ticket but his macabre fetish for referees is quite worrying.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 26, 2012, 08:47:20 am by idler »
When Bennet went down the physio got one foot onto the pitch only to be waved back by Kettle.
He also gave a throw in to us when the ball was a foot or more over the line for a goal kick. Mind you the west stand lino was three yards behind play.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 26, 2012, 09:29:36 am by SkellowRover »
No matter how bad Kettle was......... We were worse!!!!!!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 26, 2012, 10:07:14 am by Wellred »
No matter how bad Kettle was......... We were worse!!!!!!

Thats true.

We are not bad every game though!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012