Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:54:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Preston's GoalKeeper  (Read 5222 times)

Donnylass

• Forum Member
Preston's GoalKeeper
« on October 03, 2012, 08:57:43 pm by Donnylass »
Not sure if this has been asked anywhere else, but did Preston's GK get booked last night or not?
He was time wasting (like most of the team) having a drink towards the end of the 2nd half and the ref blew his whistle and when the GK ran round the goal I thought I saw the ref pull out a yellow card, but it's not showing on their site that he actually got it.
Did anyone else see that? 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Preston's GoalKeeper
« Reply #1 on October 03, 2012, 09:00:50 pm by mushRTID »
He got booked yes.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 03, 2012, 10:01:57 pm by roversontheup »
He was definitely shown a yellow card after he had the bloody nerve to have a drink before taking a goal kick.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 03, 2012, 10:21:18 pm by Donnylass »
Thanks - It just seems strange that it isn't showing on their official site or on BBC Sport, but their other player's yellow card is.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 03, 2012, 11:58:18 pm by nortikorner »
if you have to take a free kick where it happened,  if throw in as to be taking from were it goes out, why are goal kick taken  from where they like

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 04, 2012, 06:08:29 am by idler »
It used to be taken from the side where it went out like corners. The powers that be decided that it would speed things up and negate time wasting if you could take it from either side.
The problem is that the side wasting time just saunter from whichever side it goes out across to the other just to waste time.

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 04, 2012, 09:16:48 am by Milepostuk »
I thought he was booked for wearing an offensive shirt!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 04, 2012, 09:44:20 am by Spud »
Yeah i noticed it wasn't on the bbc stats, he definitely got shown the yellow for having a drinks break though.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 04, 2012, 02:03:30 pm by bobjimwilly »
somethings not adding up here; he isn't down as having a yellow card on the sky sports match report either, neither is he down as having any cards on his player profile on the Official PNE website:
http://www.pnefc.net/team/player-profile/index.aspx?playerid=322189&tcmuri=14036

:huh:

edit:

everywhere you look it seems to be reported that Preston only received 1 yellow on Tuesday:
http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=referee&RefID=20813&season=&CompID=421&RefCompType=&StatType=byMatches

edit2:

According to the official stats on the FL website, Thorsten Stuckmann is also down as having no yellow cards this season! http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Discipline/0,,10794~201210362~25,00.html

These stats are up-to-date as well, because they have note all 5 of Rob Jones' yellows on our discipline page (http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Discipline/0,,10794~201210329~25,00.html)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:22:40 pm by bobjimwilly »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 04, 2012, 05:42:19 pm by Dagenham Rover »
He was 100% shown one when he wandered behind the goal to take a drink instead of taking a goalkick

Get the club on the case with the FA

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 04, 2012, 10:23:54 pm by BobG »
Player said he got booked too.

BobG

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 04, 2012, 10:33:41 pm by Not Now Kato »
The ref certainly showed him a yellow card. But he didn't write anything in his book at the time.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 04, 2012, 10:47:20 pm by bobjimwilly »
I don't want to seem like having sour grapes here, but doesn't sit right with me. He "forgets" to write down a preston players name in his book?  :mad:

I've tweeted Paul Walker to see if Radio Sheff can find out more.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:56:03 pm by bobjimwilly »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 04, 2012, 10:52:02 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Thinking about it I don't remember him writing anything, but give him a bit of leeway at the moment,  DRFC look at the dvd and hope its shown  because he was most definetly shown a yellow  and show how inept the officials really were.

If this is not in the refs report god help football cos it can get knotted

This must be flagged up to the club

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 05, 2012, 12:24:24 am by hoolahoop »
Definitely quite clearly shown a 'yellow' but it doesn't surprise me that the referee (if you can call him that?) never wrote it down.......................he was inept all the way through.  :mad:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 05, 2012, 01:05:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well being the cantankerous old sod that I am I emailed the football League the reply from the Customer Services Officer was as follows

According to The League's referee department, the match referee did caution Thorston Stuckmann during this fixture.

Your email has ben passed through to our web team for their information. However all stats and results are 'fed in' to the Football League site from Press Association Sport so they will check these records with them in due course.

So guess what all stats come from the same source the Press Association!! (except for Madmicks stats which are just invented to suit)   :s

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 05, 2012, 01:14:57 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Well being the cantankerous old sod that I am I emailed the football League the reply from the Customer Services Officer was as follows

According to The League's referee department, the match referee did caution Thorston Stuckmann during this fixture.

Your email has ben passed through to our web team for their information. However all stats and results are 'fed in' to the Football League site from Press Association Sport so they will check these records with them in due course.

W

So guess what all stats come from the same source the Press Association!! (except for Madmicks stats which are just invented to suit)   :s
Words, mouth, out of!

Words, mouth, out of!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 05, 2012, 02:25:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
Well, at least that clears that up. Thanks Dagenham.Rover PI  :aok:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 24, 2012, 09:54:55 pm by bobjimwilly »
Football League still reporting that Thorsten Stuckmann has received no yellow cards this season
http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Discipline/0,,10794~201210362~25,00.html

:headbang:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 24, 2012, 09:58:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Done my bit email copied and pasted

John,

Thank you for your email.

According to The League’s referee department, the match referee did caution Thorsten Stuckmann during this fixture.

Your email has been passed through to our web team for their information. However all stats and results are 'fed-in' to the Football League site from Press Association Sport so they will check these records with them in due course.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Limited
Email - enquiries@football-league.co.uk

www.football-league.co.uk

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 24, 2012, 10:01:20 pm by hoolahoop »
Sometimes I give up with these decisions......the tw*t has a yellow end of.   :headbang:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 04, 2013, 03:53:56 pm by bobjimwilly »
It seems the football league and/or PA are in no rush to update their stats. They must not really care about keeping an accurate record of yellow cards.  :facepalm:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 04, 2013, 04:41:07 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I don't  have the original email now as my hard drive died but as he said stats are fed into the FL sites via the press association so how come i'm not surprised.

Now if this was an outfield player the consequences could be the difference between him being banned or not, possibly giving his team an advantage.

How many other "mistakes" are made with them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012