Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:03:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: mcgoldrick  (Read 3243 times)

sirfoxinthebox

• Forum Member
mcgoldrick
« on December 15, 2012, 06:00:59 pm by sirfoxinthebox »
far too good for this league but coventry are the best side i seen come to kms this season

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: mcgoldrick
« Reply #1 on December 15, 2012, 06:03:52 pm by RoversAlias »
He made Husband look like a 12 year old sunday morning player today. But we made it easy for them.

That last goal by Barton was an awesome move. So clinical and topped off by a superb finish.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 15, 2012, 06:15:26 pm by GazLaz »
Bad positioning by woods, his left hand side was gaping.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 15, 2012, 06:18:02 pm by Donnywolf »
... and he was right on his line I think NOT just out thus narrowing the angle / target

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 15, 2012, 06:19:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Husband probably will not have come up against someone as good as that this season. I thought he did a decent enough job on him but the goals tell the story I suppose. Good experience for the lad though.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 15, 2012, 06:20:24 pm by GazLaz »
We have 4 players in the team today who aren't good enough, the keeper is one of them.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 15, 2012, 07:15:38 pm by Retdon1 »
U think if we let them keep copps and sent them bennet as well they would be interested in a swap deal he looked a class above today

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 15, 2012, 07:21:48 pm by MachoMadness »
Good player, and agree about Husband - not having a go at him, but today was a painful reminder that he's only 18 and he still has a long, long way to go. People make out that playing young players has no downsides, and it isn't a gamble, but he was outclassed today.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 15, 2012, 07:50:56 pm by donnievic »
. Woods wasn't to blame for any of the goals today but see people are soon enough to be on his back again after letting 4 in.just bad defending and no creative play in midfield,we got what we have deserved to get over the past 2 months or so

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 15, 2012, 08:13:16 pm by Donnywolf »
I dont like to criticise any of our Players or anyone who posts on here but ...

... I would just LOVE to know IF we had (lets say) Murphy in our nets whether he would have saved any of their attempts on goal

I know it is entirely hypothetical but I just wonder what would have been the outcome of the ones that went in
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:07:46 pm by Donnywolf »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 15, 2012, 08:16:32 pm by The Red Baron »
U think if we let them keep copps and sent them bennet as well they would be interested in a swap deal he looked a class above today

Terrific plan, but I can't see Forest wanting to keep Copps or sign Bennett. On today's showing Gainsborough Trinity might put in a bid for Bennett.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 15, 2012, 09:02:30 pm by Viking Don »
Think Murphy would have saved the first - was he unsighted cos it looked a soft goal. He was already on the floor before McGoldrick got his head on the second, not sure why. Not sure he'd have saved it anyway as it was right in the corner, but he was miles away. Still think we should signed Murphy when we had the chance.

Bennett needs to stop dithering and make his mind up what he wants to do with the ball. For such a fast talented young player he runs into trouble all too often and gave it away needlessly at one point which should have led to their third but luckily Woods did enough to put their player off and he shot wide.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 15, 2012, 09:32:38 pm by normal rules »
After a ropes start to the season cav, despite their off the field issues are a team that will be strong contenders for playoffs.

They will be one team I take on my coupon next week.

Outplayed us today, closed down the loose ball harried all,our players and were clinical on the break.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 16, 2012, 01:36:16 am by Filo »

I agree, I knew where that shot was going before the ball got to him, by the way he was shaping his body, if Woods takes a step to his left he`s saved it easily. I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again, he`s a half decent shot stopper in instances where he has n`t time to think, when he has to think he`s god damn awful

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 16, 2012, 08:14:43 am by Lesonthewest »
. Woods wasn't to blame for any of the goals today but see people are soon enough to be on his back again after letting 4 in.just bad defending and no creative play in midfield,we got what we have deserved to get over the past 2 months or so

Must dissagree there, although the first was a decent strike it looked savable, the second goal he should have took out anyone near him in that six yard box, far too hesitant in my opinion.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 16, 2012, 08:54:13 am by DonnyNoel »
Far too many fingers to point at outfield players before Woods for the first goal, I was in the south stand and it seemed to be placed to perfection by a player given a ridiculous amount of time to take aim (even more infuriating given the thread about Harper and Keegan being too deep yet in this case no where to be seen when needed).

Re the second goal, he certainly should have cleared out McGoldrick and Husband but the ball should never have got in the box either. Most goals we conceded yesterday came from a weakness we had last season - it was far too easy to move the ball from back to front against us. Hopefully we've taken note of how devastating attacking with pace can be.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012