Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:11:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Keegan  (Read 4565 times)

neil grainger

Paul Keegan
« on February 22, 2013, 12:26:31 am by neil grainger »
...phoned me this evening!

How amazing is that?

I've been a Donny fan for 45 years but I can still be reduced to a gibbering star-struck idiot by a gesture like this, so I have to say a huge "thank you" and congratulations to the club.

The call was in recognition of the fact that I renewed my season ticket for next season within a week of them going on sale.
What an excellent initiative by the club.

On to the important matters.... PK said he resumed training today and feels he will be ready for Saturday.
I told him we had missed him and I hoped he would be in the team against Yeovil.

He said Humey and Syers were also likely to be in contention on Saturday and that the squad had spent a long time discussing where we've gone wrong these last few games and what we needed to do to put it right.

Paul ended by thanking me for my support and saying the lads would do their best to give us a win on Saturday. He acknowledged that Yeovil are on a good run but that has to end and what better time than on Saturday.

I put the phone down feeling 100% positive about this wonderful club of ours and about the match on Saturday.

Well done to whoever came up with this idea.
What a brilliant way of engaging with the fans, I wouldn't swap this club for any other.

We're going up!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Katesby

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Keegan
« Reply #1 on February 22, 2013, 12:31:47 am by Katesby »
Pretty impressive actually!  :rtid:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 22, 2013, 12:35:59 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, as said on other thread, I had a call from Gary Woods and RedJ saw Keegan in the ticket office in person tonight.

Grand gestures and as you said, all very positive engagement.

PS Could you understand Keegan??

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 22, 2013, 05:42:55 am by Dagenham Rover »
I had a call from Gary Woods last night as well, Quite dumbstruck tbh, I told our lass you wouldn't get that West Ham lot that she  half follows doing that

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2013, 10:43:52 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I love our club  :) :scarf:

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2013, 10:49:45 am by keith79 »

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2013, 11:30:22 am by rtid88 »
Thats incredibly impressive! My 2 daughters were mascots last month against Colchester and I was incredibly impressed with the whole day and the way that my girl's were treated throughout the day! They met all of the players and JR and they absolutely loved every minute of the experience!!

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 22, 2013, 11:36:56 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Well done to DRFC, looks like there's a certain mentality in place for a tough game on Saturday.

Thanks for sharing Neil  :)

COYR!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 22, 2013, 12:11:55 pm by hoolahoop »
Yep that's why this club of ours may not be the biggest but they are the best. Great gesture.  :rtid:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 22, 2013, 12:38:55 pm by benaldo »
I am still waiting for my call from Sam Hird for all the years of support I gave him, mind you, someone left a turd on my doorstep last year with a note saying "Get stuffed. Love Sam" so maybe I received a more "personal" touch?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 22, 2013, 12:48:09 pm by jonnydog »
I am still waiting for my call from Sam Hird for all the years of support I gave him, mind you, someone left a turd on my doorstep last year with a note saying "Get stuffed. Love Sam" so maybe I received a more "personal" touch?

:lol: Classic Benny :thumbsup:

Keith Myath

« Reply #11 on February 22, 2013, 12:57:49 pm by Keith Myath »
I got a call from Michael McIndoe yesterday, not bought a season ticket like, he just wanted to know if my windows needed replacing

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 22, 2013, 01:45:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
I was out last night and came back to find a message on my phone from someone called Alan Kristiansen. He said something about doing a job and now wanting money. Any clues?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 22, 2013, 02:22:45 pm by RedJ »
I got a call from Michael McIndoe yesterday, not bought a season ticket like, he just wanted to know if my windows needed replacing

Sure he wasn't offering you into his investment scheme? :whistle:

Samtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 22, 2013, 02:26:38 pm by Samtherover »
That's what I was thinking.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 22, 2013, 11:07:47 pm by hoolahoop »

Call from Copps here, apparently they will concede an own goal in the 32nd. minute.......lump on. :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 22, 2013, 11:15:12 pm by Filo »

Call from Copps here, apparently they will concede an own goal in the 32nd. minute.......lump on. :)

Hoola, you`ve just made me realize that Harper is not pointing out instructions on the pitch, he`s actually the tic tac man for a big betting scam! :)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 22, 2013, 11:21:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I was out last night and came back to find a message on my phone from someone called Alan Kristiansen. He said something about doing a job and now wanting money. Any clues?

Wheres me ruddy phone  I'm sure I had it earlier

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 23, 2013, 12:42:01 am by BobG »
Didn't drop it did I?

BobG

PS Oh  f u c k!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012