Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:43:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lundstram..........  (Read 6348 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Lundstram..........
« on February 26, 2013, 10:21:03 pm by hoolahoop »
Sounded like a really class act tonight. Perhaps he really is the midfield quality we have been desperately looking for.  :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
Re: Lundstram..........
« Reply #1 on February 26, 2013, 10:23:38 pm by donnyallday »
What a signing  :rtid:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 26, 2013, 10:24:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, it sounds from tonight we've acquired a corker. Everyone on all channels were singing his praises for running the midfield like that at such a young age.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 26, 2013, 10:25:58 pm by keith79 »
Never make a player everton should let him go

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 26, 2013, 10:27:43 pm by normal rules »
Sounded like the two youngest rovers players were outstanding tonight. Be nice to keep Lundstrum till end of season.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 26, 2013, 10:29:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Hope we can get him next season too.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 26, 2013, 10:30:16 pm by dknward2 »
Let's get him lined up for next season too

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 26, 2013, 10:30:46 pm by rich1471 »
He did say he would like to stay until the end on the season and get a promotion under his belt when we first signed him so hopefully he will stay injury free and be here until the season ends as it sounded like he ran the show tonight

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 26, 2013, 10:31:31 pm by Viking Don »
Be good to read the reports from the fans that made the trip, sounded like just what we need on the radio. Hope we can keep him for the season (and next)!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 26, 2013, 10:31:55 pm by hoolahoop »
Sounded like the two youngest rovers players were outstanding tonight. Be nice to keep Lundstrum till end of season.

What about Woodsie though , he's still young and will come good I'm sure of it. If he can get over this lack of confidence thing .......he will be useful. Someone needs to sit the lad down and talk it through with him, bring in a hypnotherapist if necessary.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 26, 2013, 10:33:21 pm by MachoMadness »
He was class tonight. Ran the show 2nd half, his range of passing is world class. He's going on to big things in the not too distant future, I guarantee.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 26, 2013, 10:46:34 pm by Viking Don »
He was class tonight. Ran the show 2nd half, his range of passing is world class. He's going on to big things in the not too distant future, I guarantee.

I listened on RS on they were dribbling, they (MW and the RS guy) said pass of the season  at one point and couldn't believe how he did it. Hope it's on the highlights on RW. Can't wait til Saturday now.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 26, 2013, 10:46:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
He'll learn plenty off Copps alright. If he wants a long career in the game and to play the right way, then look no further than our no 26. What a guy.

telfordrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 26, 2013, 10:53:56 pm by telfordrover »
Copps never stopped tonight and him and the lad played well together
You can see why he is the England captain for his age
Always wanting the ball and looking for the pass
Class act

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 26, 2013, 10:56:44 pm by scuzzer »
Copps never stopped tonight and him and the lad played well together
You can see why he is the England captain for his age
Always wanting the ball and looking for the pass
Class act

That's the lad I saw on Saturday, could be a gem of a find from Flynn

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 26, 2013, 10:57:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Had to laugh when he was interviewed on Radio Sheffield after his first appearance last Saturday. Asked why he had come here, he said he had been told we play football the right way. Presumably that person was Mr B. Flynn as ask any of the 6k Rovers fans and not one would agree with that. Our 'football' this season has been very effective but diabolical to watch. Sounds like with him and Copps football is finally breaking out in DN4.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 26, 2013, 11:29:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sounds like with him and Copps football is finally breaking out in DN4.

We've tried a couple of times, but I agree and what with better pitches coming in the spring, we just might show what we can do.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 26, 2013, 11:33:34 pm by hoolahoop »
Sounds like with him and Copps football is finally breaking out in DN4.

We've tried a couple of times, but I agree and what with better pitches coming in the spring, we just might show what we can do.

It sounded on Player  like we were passing the ball around slickly and more to the point purposefully at long last.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 27, 2013, 12:35:04 am by bobjimwilly »
Did anyone on here travel down last night? What did you think of him?  :byebye:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 27, 2013, 12:45:14 am by MachoMadness »
Rate, now I'm not on my phone I can give you a bit of a fuller picture of what I thought of him. Was at the game tonight, he started off pretty nervy, first 10 minutes he gave it away a bit and looked a bit wayward but he was always in space, which is good - it shows even when he's playing badly he'll offer us something. After that he grew into the game and in the 2nd half completely ran the show in midfield, he was everywhere. He is that Richie Wellens type midfielder who we've been crying for, he has it all. Some of his passing was out of this world, purely world class stuff that nobody else in the squad can do, diagonal balls from halfway, cross field balls, through passes down the middle. No fecking way will he be in L1 next season, even at this early stage in his career his technique is unreal.

Granted Shrewsbury were pretty duff and they had no midfield to speak of, but on tonights showing he is everything we've been looking for and more.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 27, 2013, 12:47:13 am by RedJ »
Rate, now I'm not on my phone I can give you a bit of a fuller picture of what I thought of him. Was at the game tonight, he started off pretty nervy, first 10 minutes he gave it away a bit and looked a bit wayward but he was always in space, which is good - it shows even when he's playing badly he'll offer us something. After that he grew into the game and in the 2nd half completely ran the show in midfield, he was everywhere. He is that Richie Wellens type midfielder who we've been crying for, he has it all. Some of his passing was out of this world, purely world class stuff that nobody else in the squad can do, diagonal balls from halfway, cross field balls, through passes down the middle. No fecking way will he be in L1 next season, even at this early stage in his career his technique is unreal.

Granted Shrewsbury were pretty duff and they had no midfield to speak of, but on tonights showing he is everything we've been looking for and more.

What better way to continue his development, then, than with us in a division higher ;)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 27, 2013, 12:51:38 am by donnievic »
Played 2 superb cross field balls within 30 seconds of each other and was very good tonight in which think he only did one really poor pass all night,no doubt the one less man they had helped but he can deffo pass a ball

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 27, 2013, 01:05:34 am by andysly »
The lad was quality tonight, but don't underestimate the work Keegan put into the midfield.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 27, 2013, 01:19:30 am by MachoMadness »
The lad was quality tonight, but don't underestimate the work Keegan put into the midfield.

I agree, Keegan was class tonight. Was he injured does anyone know? Having said that I do think we played better football with Lundstram and Syers, albeit against 10 men.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 27, 2013, 01:28:51 am by andysly »
I'm wondering if the decent pitch was helpful towards us looking a better footballing side.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 27, 2013, 01:34:02 am by donnievic »
Hardly a decent pitch looked better yes but think it bobbled about more,thick its more to do with the height of the bounce on our pitch that is the problem of getting it down more and passing it about rather than how it looks .

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 27, 2013, 01:37:02 am by MachoMadness »
Pitch wasn't that great. It was about as good as the Keepmoat was before the covers ruined it, hardly OBV turf. I think Copps and Hume up front forced us to keep it on the deck more, those two wouldn't win many headers if they stood on each others' shoulders!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 27, 2013, 01:38:33 am by andysly »
I thought the pitch looked reasonable tbh ah well specsavers tomorrow.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 27, 2013, 05:01:47 am by jmt »
After Saturdays game I said he reminds me of Steven gerrard , the way he runs, passes and tackles, he's got that bit of devil in him. Tonight it sounded like he ran the team like mr gerrard too!
Looks like everton  have another real talent, like Rooney!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 27, 2013, 07:28:05 am by RobTheRover »
To be fair,  he'd had a few hours training with the team when he played on Saturday. He'd had a couple more sessions before yesterday's game. 

The best is yet to come. Watch him have an impact on our season like Browny and Bayo did in 2004

TinyPortal © 2005-2012