Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:48:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Notts County's Pitch Problems  (Read 1394 times)

weststander

• VSC Member
Notts County's Pitch Problems
« on March 12, 2013, 04:00:11 pm by weststander »
Just seen the end of a report on Sky Sports News, that County are making their own lamp rigs to help the pitch, expecting to cost only £2k instead of £200k, using confiscated cannabis growing lamps from the local police.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

weststander

• VSC Member
Re: Notts County's Pitch Problems
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2013, 04:01:16 pm by weststander »
I did check the calendar to make sure it wasn't 1 April!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2013, 04:07:38 pm by IDM »
No wonder their season has gone to pot.....

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2013, 05:21:26 pm by andysly »
Clever IDM.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 12, 2013, 05:25:55 pm by Wild Rover »
Correct me if wrong. Will these "Lamps" ( bulbs if you like ) not be 240 volts, and is not outside voltage ( open spaces ), limited to 110Volt. If so completely pointless .

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 12, 2013, 05:31:55 pm by hoolahoop »
Correct me if wrong. Will these "Lamps" ( bulbs if you like ) not be 240 volts, and is not outside voltage ( open spaces ), limited to 110Volt. If so completely pointless .

I would hope that Scab Uni would have checked it out first........wouldn't they ?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 12, 2013, 06:09:44 pm by normal rules »
Most Police forces have local agreements to dispose of these lamps and the transformers they come with. S Yorks Police must lay their hands on literally hundreds of these units per year. Sometimes they get disposed of via the local scrappy for a nominal fee . Some may even go to landfill.
There is clearly an opportunity there for someone at the club. You would probably need a down convertor for the voltage.
Well worth a call to the local Constbulary to make an enquiry. I am sure they would be more than helpful as it would be seen as Police working with and in the Community and partnership work etc etc.
Would be good PR for them and everyone wins.

A phonecall costs nothing. May i suggest the admin/property manager at Doncaster Police Station as a starting point.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 12, 2013, 06:42:58 pm by albie »
Well if we can get the growlights cheapish, then we had better get the leccy to run them.

The company the Dingles used for their solar is
http://solareuropa.co.uk/

The site explains the deal. The company own, install and manage the equipment for free, the club provide the roofspace, and buy back the leccy at a big discount.

If DRFC can't afford the capital to buy the panels themselves, then as a next best option this looks like a no brainer to me.

Get Gavin on the case!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012