Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:07:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brentford forum  (Read 13914 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Brentford forum
« on April 21, 2013, 12:47:59 pm by MrFrost »
Most are of the opinion that they are going to slaughter us next week. They just don't see their team losing.

Quite a contrast to the thoughts on here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MiKA

• Forum Member
Re: Brentford forum
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2013, 01:04:29 pm by MiKA »
As bad as they were yesterday, should we play as bad as we did then we will get slaughtered. 

I've a horrible feeling that we'll be beaten by dodgy referee decisions and a dirty dirty Brentford side, I certainly doubt that there will be 22 players on the pitch at the end.    :boxing: :boxing:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2013, 01:07:27 pm by GazLaz »
Whichever side has the biggest b*llocks will win. Form and ability irrelevant.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2013, 01:08:25 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Think there's a lesson to be learned there.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 21, 2013, 01:09:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You think it's bad here? At least you have the likes of me giving a Panglossian view of the world.

Go and have a look at SuicideWatch (BladesMad).

Half of them think that they will get arseholed in the play-off semi. 25% think they'll get arseholed at Wembley. The other 25% are unconscious and having their stomachs pumped after overdosing on Special K in an attempt to numb the existential pain of being a Dee Dah.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 21, 2013, 01:17:25 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Yeah but they are Dee Dahs. It's to be expected.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 21, 2013, 01:22:26 pm by donnievic »
And why shouldn't they think that having battered us at our place and have also the best home record,I actually think we will get beat next week as well but a lot of it I think will come down to how the referee handles the game and which team can handle the pressure most

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 21, 2013, 01:36:19 pm by RedArmy »
Form and that go out the window for next week, who holds the nerve will win.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 21, 2013, 01:38:27 pm by steve@dcfd »
And why shouldn't they think that having battered us at our place and have also the best home record,I actually think we will get beat next week as well but a lot of it I think will come down to how the referee handles the game and which team can handle the pressure most

We have a better midfield than when we played them at home, we have Mc Combe and Coppinger in from last time. So we may get beat, but they have won 14 games at home and we have 14 games away. So I think we won't get battered let's be positive and hope we can do it.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 21, 2013, 01:42:20 pm by Lipsy »
I think that they have reason to be hopeful, certainly. As I said yesterday, Hartlepool have been grinding out 1-1 draws for a few months now, and they did just that (I was hoping that they would do just that - even before our result yesterday). I am sure that Brentford fans are just as capable of looking at results and drawing much the same conclusion. Equally, Brentford have been unbeaten at home since playing Tranmere in January, often scoring 2 goals.

However, we have "bounce-back-ability" and a none-too-shoddy away record... We're going to need all of that - and some - to get a result. But you are right, we should focus on the job in hand rather than moaning about what's gone before.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 21, 2013, 01:46:08 pm by donnievic »
I'm not saying we will get battered,all I said is you can't fault there fans thinking that.personally I think we will get beat but I also didn't think we were faves on the last day of season at Cheltenham as didn't think we would match forest result.like I also said a lot will go down the who handles the pressure the most next week

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 21, 2013, 02:33:05 pm by The Red Baron »
Most are of the opinion that they are going to slaughter us next week. They just don't see their team losing.

Quite a contrast to the thoughts on here.

I'd say we were pretty confident on here that we'd beat Notts County- but we didn't. Maybe their confidence won't be justified by events any more than ours was last week.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 21, 2013, 03:19:20 pm by Mr1Croft »
Im confident we will go there and slaughter them. They need to win, we dont. They need to come at us and throw everything forward which will put us defensively but attacking on the break.

That is what has won us 14 games Away, that is why we are second in the table and that is why Im confident of us getting the result next week.

Keep the Faith.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 21, 2013, 05:32:07 pm by Woodhead Passer »
I know people are saying that stats mean nothing for this game, but I've noticed that 11 of Brentford's 14 home wins are won by only a single goal, so if Brentford think they are going to slaughter us, I wouldn't see it coming.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 21, 2013, 05:49:45 pm by bigbadjack »
I think it will be a very dull 0-0

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 21, 2013, 05:57:42 pm by roversontheup »
I think it will be a very dull 0-0
I will take that now please!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 21, 2013, 05:59:23 pm by the vicar »
it wont be dull at all

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 21, 2013, 06:13:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
They've got to win, so I doubt it'll be dull. I'd take 0-0 though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 21, 2013, 06:27:10 pm by dickos1 »
An early goal would be nice

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 21, 2013, 06:57:12 pm by donny dave »
For the last few games on this forum  i have been trying to get our feet back onto the ground.
We have been a bit over confident so i will encourage the Brentford fans to do exactly  the same thing and let us go into the match as under dogs.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:38:58 pm by donny dave »

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 21, 2013, 07:16:55 pm by BigH »
Positive thoughts aka inane ramblings:

i) Brentford have anything but a watertight defence: they ship goals. A bit like us really;
ii) Brentford have only played at home once in the past month. It may take a while for them to adjust, particularly with a big crowd and some of the players feeling the pressure;
iii) They need to win. We need to avoid conceding as long as possible to pile the pressure on them. However, we will concede - it's inevitable;
iv) We should have learnt from the games at MK Dons, Coventry and Bury how not to play against teams that are up for it. Saunders was good at setting his teams up for these sorts of games. Flynny has proved less capable;
v) We're due a goal from Cotterill;
vi) Err...

Perhaps they're right...

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 21, 2013, 08:10:32 pm by newyankee »
The big thing is we have TWO options a win or a draw, they HAVE to win.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 21, 2013, 09:31:03 pm by CusworthRovers »
They are going for a win and only a win for automatic.

We are going for a draw/win for instant automatic and a possible L1 title.

It's been a decent season in fairness to the club.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 21, 2013, 09:38:26 pm by hoolahoop »
We will win because we are the better team and playing away from home is to our advantage. Jeez there's some faint hearts on here, I know you're disappointed but being stupidly negative isn't going to help.
WE WILL WIN.  :rtid:

I just hope our players aren't reading all this negative shite............. :suicide:

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 21, 2013, 10:02:31 pm by MiKA »
We will win because we are the better team and playing away from home is to our advantage. Jeez there's some faint hearts on here, I know you're disappointed but being stupidly negative isn't going to help.
WE WILL WIN.  :rtid:

I just hope our players aren't reading all this negative shite............. :suicide:

They don't need to hear it Hoola, they hear it every sodding home game from our own crappy supporters.   :thumbdown:   

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 21, 2013, 10:03:06 pm by ravenrover »
My wife watched the game as I was driving home and said that Brentford didn't look very good going forward, that's enough for me she's been watching Rovers as long as I have, over 40 years, so we are going up! Cos she says so

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 21, 2013, 10:12:56 pm by RedJ »
Well I'm still optimistic we can get what we need next weekend.

Mind, I'm the one spouting maybe Bournemouth will cock up and we'll do one better than what we even need...

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 22, 2013, 12:42:52 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We won't get a point at Brentford,we will go there and get all three,all the other teams have lost games they shouldn't at home,we've just carried it on,if they've got a half decent pitch,our lads will love it,actually seeing what a blade of grass looks like,whichever league we are in next season(championship for me),Andy and his workers need better equipment,to produce a great pitch,they've done all they can with what they have,because that pitch has cost us already being up!!

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 22, 2013, 05:37:18 am by DRFCBRADFORD »
mark my words ,paynter and  brown wont start up front together

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 22, 2013, 05:54:57 am by GazLaz »
Paynter won't start Hume will or even possibly Syers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012