Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:16:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lundstram  (Read 7602 times)

andyst79

• Forum Member
Lundstram
« on June 05, 2013, 09:01:28 pm by andyst79 »
Martinez appointed Everton boss, shrewd guy and with his & Flynns Swansea links could see a return on loan for John hopefully

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Re: Lundstram
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2013, 09:14:36 pm by tommy toes »
Is it just me?
I thought Lundstram was OK but nothing special. I wouldn't be breaking me neck to get him back.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2013, 09:20:23 pm by jonnydog »
I thought he played well, and looked to motivate the whole midfield at times. Linked up and played his best with Furman IMO.

I'd have him back, would be beneficial to stay with the same team on loan and progress to Championship too!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2013, 09:49:07 pm by RobTheRover »
I thought he gave us a range of passing we hadnt had since Stocky left, and that was exactly what we needed when he came in.

DadsleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2013, 09:49:28 pm by DadsleyRover »
I liked Lundstram too. Thought he hit the ground running and got better the more games he played.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2013, 10:04:09 pm by andyst79 »
Ok Tommytoes he aint the finished article but he's a young kid with bags of talent, enthusiasm & a great range of passing . Personally I think he will have no problems stepping up to the championship next season , the showboat he did on the halfway line in the last game of the season at Brentford was sublime , best piece of skill I've seen by a Rovers player got quite some time.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2013, 10:10:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
I thought he gave us a range of passing we hadnt had since Stocky left, and that was exactly what we needed when he came in.

Agree with this entirely. He didn't half have a good pass on him did the lad. Much needed.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2013, 10:12:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If we do get him back, then he may not be first on the teamsheet but, when he get's his chance I think he will flourish at Championship level. Playing with and against better players he will probably get more time on the ball, rather than having to chase misplaced passes.

As we know, he's likely to be a loan signing so if anything we'll see him later rather than sooner so, I'd forget about him for the time being.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 05, 2013, 10:51:34 pm by tommy toes »
All about opinions eh?
I thought he looked better when he first came and then his form tailed off. As for Brentford, I can only remember being pleased when he was taken off after about 55 mins as he wasn't in the game imo.

I'll be surprised if we went in for him again,

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 06, 2013, 12:33:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
TT

The lad is 19 years old. He's a kid. He put in some excellent performances, giving us another dimension. If he faded in a match where mesters were required, that's what happens with 19 year olds.

In 03/04, Chris Brown as a 19 year old was a class above anything else we had in the promotion side. But he hardly played a game at the business end of the season, when mesters took over. But he was the one player out of that side that made it to the Premiership.

I'd have Lundstram back like a shot next season. And if Everton were daft enough to sell him for £1M, I'd do a whip round at Denaby Catholic Club and get the down payment tomorrow.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 06, 2013, 12:39:45 am by Mr1Croft »
I thought he was one of the top performers of the season. His passing was first class, unlucky not to score a couple and wasn't afraid to do the ugly stuff just in front of the defence. Looks like an hard scouser too, who isn't bullied off the ball easily which is what we were missing in the championship.

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 06, 2013, 09:29:37 am by KieronDRFC »
I remember telling him he's going to be the next steven gerrard when i was pissed up in town after Brentford, so he must have a good future ahead of him  :lol:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 06, 2013, 12:13:54 pm by DearneValleyRover »
He's a left pegger which adds balance I'd have him back but play him on the left, he linked up really well with Husband especially at Scunthorpe where they overlapped each other.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 06, 2013, 12:26:33 pm by GazLaz »
He was class. Only seemed to last 70mins though.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 06, 2013, 12:31:40 pm by Donnyrovers »
He's a left pegger which adds balance I'd have him back but play him on the left, he linked up really well with Husband especially at Scunthorpe where they overlapped each other.

I think if we were to get him back keep him in his position which is in the middle because his range of passing is class so I think it would be vital to keep him in there.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 06, 2013, 04:00:39 pm by nice one rovers »
Is it just me?
I thought Lundstram was OK but nothing special. I wouldn't be breaking me neck to get him back.

It is just you, he is something special.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 06, 2013, 07:13:38 pm by tommy toes »
We'll see.
Hope I'm wrong, good luck to him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 06, 2013, 07:51:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I may be wrong but a close family member of John's has been known to post on this forum. You never know, they may pay us another visit and give us an indication whether another loan is possible!

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 06, 2013, 08:28:12 pm by BigH »
I thought Lundstram demonstrated excellent potential given his stage of development. Remember, he hadn't played a league game until he joined us. Also worth noting that he replaced Fowler and highlighted just what a dreadful 'has been' signing he was.

Lundstram is by no means the finished article but at this rate, in a couple of years, he will be a Premiership regular.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 06, 2013, 09:02:06 pm by Filo »
I have no doubts what so ever that Lundstram wil one day grace the midfield of the England senior team.

The last Rovers player to get the same accolade from me was Ian Snodin, but for injuries he would have been an England regular for many years

Sod This For a Laugh

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 06, 2013, 09:33:19 pm by Sod This For a Laugh »
Not to totally agree with TT but I do know where he is coming from. A slightly different view I judged him against someone his own age at the club and it made me think how good is James Husband. Not in every game but certainly a couple I thought James played better.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 06, 2013, 09:42:31 pm by RedJ »
I wonder if we'll ever see Hubby lining up for an England team at any level.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 06, 2013, 09:50:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If he get's the right advice, takes it and acts on it, who knows. Right now I hope he's working on his conditioning, he needs to add core strength and also work on his defensive positioning. He has bags of potential.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 06, 2013, 10:04:54 pm by andyst79 »
I have it on very good authority that a no. Of Prem teams including Arsenal & Everton are sniffing round several of our younger players. As for Lundstram I don't think the keepmoat pitch helped him as he wants to get the ball down & play , must admit he over did the Hollywood balls now & again but the vision & range off passing is there for all to see

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 07, 2013, 09:58:42 am by ravenrover »
[quote author=BillyStubbsTears link=topic=240074.msg346335#msg346335 date=137047523
Did you mean to put the M after £1 it is Denaby we are talking about we are talking about :lol:

The lad is 19 years old. He's a kid. He put in some excellent performances, giving us another dimension. If he faded in a match where mesters were required, that's what happens with 19 year olds.

In 03/04, Chris Brown as a 19 year old was a class above anything else we had in the promotion side. But he hardly played a game at the business end of the season, when mesters took over. But he was the one player out of that side that made it to the Premiership.

I'd have Lundstram back like a shot next season. And if Everton were daft enough to sell him for £1M, I'd do a whip round at Denaby Catholic Club and get the down payment tomorrow.
[/quote]

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 07, 2013, 10:34:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Aye, but have you seen the money that goes over the bar in the Catholic Club?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 07, 2013, 12:11:44 pm by tommy toes »
To compare Lundstram favourably with Ian Snodin is ridiculous Filo.  Snod was running whole games when he was 18 for Rovers. Lundstram is nowhere near his level.
Now then.Snod WOULD have been an England regular if he hadn't done his hamstrings.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 07, 2013, 12:21:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I wonder if we'll ever see Hubby lining up for an England team at any level.

Surprised he never got called up for the Under 19's against Scotland a couple week back.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 07, 2013, 12:22:06 pm by Filo »
To compare Lundstram favourably with Ian Snodin is ridiculous Filo.  Snod was running whole games when he was 18 for Rovers. Lundstram is nowhere near his level.
Now then.Snod WOULD have been an England regular if he hadn't done his hamstrings.

Snod was running games in tier 4 of the FL, I`m sure Lundstram would do the same at that level.

Lundstram has represented England at U17, U18, U19 level and is now in the U20 squad, Snod made 4 appearances for the U21`s, so to suggest that Lundstram is no where near the level of Snod at the same stage of his career is ridiculous

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 07, 2013, 12:28:41 pm by Mr1Croft »
He has also captained England on numerous occasions at the U-19 level. The lad is nothing short of superb for his age.

We've seen a lot of youngsters play for the club on loan, some have been poor (e.g. Harry Worley) and some have been promising but didn't really get the right chance (Milan Lalkovic and Ryan Mason) but I think Lundstram is head and shoulders one of the best young loan signings we have had for a long time, possibly on par with JET. But JET's career has somewhat died down since leaving us whereas I can see Lundstram's career going from strength to strength.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012