Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:08:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 - Totally Useless

Author Topic: Rovers v AFC Bournemouth- Simon Hooper  (Read 2493 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v AFC Bournemouth- Simon Hooper
« on August 28, 2013, 09:13:16 am by The Red Baron »
Doncaster Rovers v Bournemouth
Referee: SIMON HOOPER
Assistants: Philip Dermott and Nick Hobbis
Fourth Official Alf Greenwood

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v AFC Bournemouth- Simon Hooper
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2013, 01:31:04 am by Filo »
Same old, same old at the KM, another set of shocking officials. A big fat zero from me!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2013, 07:51:47 am by Dagenham Rover »
I gave him 1 for turning up

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2013, 08:43:40 am by The Red Baron »
I gave him a 2 if only because he didn't fall for Arter's "dying swan" antics after Cotterill caught him late. It was a yellow, but a more inexperienced/ card-happy ref could well have gone for a red thinking that Arter was seriously injured- when clearly he wasn't.

Other than that- he was poor, though no worse than the men in the red and white hoops.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2013, 09:08:31 am by LincsRover »
Absolutely f*ck*ng sh*te, fell for most of their "dying swan" antics, some ridiculous decisions and the west stand linesman should have gone to specsavers!

Having said that, we wouldn't have won with a decent ref and I gave him a 1 cos we'll have worse this year and can't give a minus!

:rtid:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2013, 03:00:10 pm by IDM »
0 for me, only one really correct decision and that was Cotts' yellow.

Otherwise, a useless bunch if kitsons...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 02, 2013, 10:01:40 am by wing commander »
Did this guy pass the fitness test and if he did how...Carrying a fair bit of weight and his poor descision making was in fact due to his inability to keep up with play...I cant comment on the linesman because none of them seem to have the balls or inclination to do anything other than watch the ref and do what he does these days...0

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 03, 2013, 08:15:16 pm by StocktonRover »
Got a mate who's a championship ref.
Their fitness is monitored constantly nowadays. They get a training schedule provided and wear a prozone monitor which records their vital stats (no jokes please) and records the workouts. They then have to upload the stats to a computer system (I think its called MOAS). The same applies during games and again they have to upload the data after the match along side their match report.

In a typical week when he may ref 2 games, he is still expected to carry out training on 3 days or 4 days if hes just got the 1 game

The following weeks appointments (generally made on a Monday) take into account the fitness levels shown on the downloads (as well as assessors reports, etc).

Years ago, the fitness test consisted of running about 4 miles within a certain time and there was no interim monitoring until the next fitness test, but it was deemed to be a waste of time as most of their required movement is in short bursts with rest times in between, hence the current regime.

If they are carrying a bit of timber, it doesn't necessarily mean they are unfit.

And before you ask, this clown isn't my mate.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012