Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:31:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordan Bowery.  (Read 11105 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Jordan Bowery.
« Reply #30 on February 16, 2014, 11:19:08 am by Dare to dream! »
Browny looked like he'd run himself into the ground yesterday! I think we need him for the Yeovil game after that give him a rest so he's fresh for the last part of the season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 16, 2014, 11:57:33 am by mrfrostsdad »
He's got a week off before that DTD.
I don't think anyone else gets a week off between shifts. Had we had a game Tuesday maybe, but a week should be plenty of time for a professional sportsman

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 17, 2014, 10:15:32 am by Wild Rover »
Plus its nice to see names being kept off the radar until its done and dusted the major leak appears plugged

He most certainly was on my Radar. ( Rumour Mill....Darius Henderson thread).

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 17, 2014, 10:57:57 am by Tokyos Boot »
He looked a big lad, fast, tenacious and strong - and if we can fit him in to a system that suits his play i think he'll flourish. As someone else said, he didn't really work alongside The Brown man, they seemed too similar.

I hope he gets his chance to play in a few games where we play a bit more football than we did on Saturday!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 19, 2014, 06:45:42 am by dickos1 »
He's got a week off before that DTD.
I don't think anyone else gets a week off between shifts. Had we had a game Tuesday maybe, but a week should be plenty of time for a professional sportsman

Not sure what you do for work but I'm sure you don't run 9-10 miles each shift.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 19, 2014, 02:02:37 pm by IDM »
he might not score many,but we play better when he's in the team.

Isn't CB our current top scorer this season?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 21, 2014, 07:44:55 am by Al4475 »
He has 8 in all comps doesn't he? And two that disappeared after the fiasco down at Charlton - that'd have had him on 10 now!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 21, 2014, 01:18:15 pm by RedJ »

No i think Brown is top scorer with five goals,isn't he?

Who do you think CB is? :laugh:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 21, 2014, 05:32:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Centre back silly.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 21, 2014, 07:05:41 pm by Lesonthewest »
I like the look of the lad, hungry, aggressive & puts himself about. I predict he will notch tomorrow.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 21, 2014, 07:15:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just listened to his interview and he comes across as a bubbley character and keen to do very well. Looks like he exudes excitement of the prospect of getting more first team football.

I thought he played well in combination with Browny. Just because they are both big lads doesn't mean they are the same type of footballer. I hope he can provide that little bit 'extra' we need to convert those chances that come our way.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 21, 2014, 09:20:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

No i think Brown is top scorer with five goals,isn't he?,Brown if injury free will score you ten a season in this league,he doesn't score many,but he contributes massively,he takes the whacks,smacks round the back of the head etc,but doesn't lose his cool,he does the donkey work up there,that takes the strain off the rest,some of the games,he's totally dominating both centre halfs,that's how Coppinger,Duffy etc get more space to do damage.

The match at Bramall Lane last season should have been video'd as a Mester's Masterclass. Time after time after time he was floored with elbows in the back of the head or knees in the back. Time after time he pulled himself off the floor and chucked himself into another challenge. That was the first time I saw Alan Warboys in him, and that side of his game has become even more pronounced since.

A Rovers Legend without doubt.

SingingPostman

« Reply #42 on February 21, 2014, 10:59:48 pm by SingingPostman »

No i think Brown is top scorer with five goals,isn't he?,Brown if injury free will score you ten a season in this league,he doesn't score many,but he contributes massively,he takes the whacks,smacks round the back of the head etc,but doesn't lose his cool,he does the donkey work up there,that takes the strain off the rest,some of the games,he's totally dominating both centre halfs,that's how Coppinger,Duffy etc get more space to do damage.

The match at Bramall Lane last season should have been video'd as a Mester's Masterclass. Time after time after time he was floored with elbows in the back of the head or knees in the back. Time after time he pulled himself off the floor and chucked himself into another challenge. That was the first time I saw Alan Warboys in him, and that side of his game has become even more pronounced since.

A Rovers Legend without doubt.

That's a good and fair comparison BST. I watched Brown at Colchester early last season and thought it was like watching Warboys in so many ways. He took the punishment like a man, ran himself ragged, showed plenty of skill in his layoffs, kept defenders busy throughout and made tons of space for everyone around him. I wouldn't pick Browny ahead of Alan Warboys (he was John Wayne in football boots) at No.9 in a fantasy XI, but I wouldn't hesitate to call him up as his stand-in.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 21, 2014, 11:30:44 pm by BobG »
What beautiful descriptions of both SP. Alan Warboys 'John Wayne in footy boots'. Brilliant! I'd never have thought of it, but it's spot on.

I suppose the major difference between the two is that Warboys scored goals. Lots of goals. Remember Smash and Grab?

BobG

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 22, 2014, 04:09:38 am by Viking Don »
I thouiht he offered nothing, but to be fair to him it's not his fault,. The rest of the side have to provide the strikers with chances and they are failing to do so.

Watch the dvd's if you doubt it, how many chances did he get?

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 23, 2014, 09:04:21 am by 1879Rovers »
Dickov says both Bowery and Brown played on Saturday despite being ill. Bowery wasn't allowed near the squad on Friday night.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 23, 2014, 06:19:32 pm by bpoolrover »
Does not show much faith in cotterill if playing ill players ahead of him

TinyPortal © 2005-2012