Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:06:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Moyes not up to the job.  (Read 6188 times)

IC1967

• Forum Member
Moyes not up to the job.
« on March 01, 2014, 05:16:30 pm by IC1967 »
I have taken great pleasure in watching the demise of Man Utd and hope they don't see sense and sack Moyes.
Where has he gone wrong?

Transfers- he didn't get Fabregas.

Midfield- they have only scored 2 goals all season and have no assists. That is the worst record in the Premiership, maybe even the league.

Team selection- he is averaging over 3.5 changes per game. He obviously still doesn't have a clue what his best starting 11 is.

Failed to beat any of the top 6- he has the worst record of any Premier league club against the top 6. This was the same carry on when he was at Everton.

Vidic- announced he was leaving at the end of the season. Should have waited until the end of the season to make such an important announcement about the captain.

There are other reasons but the above list is enough to condemn him to an early bath. Hopefully the powers that be at Man Utd aren't as savvy as me and will give him much more time during which he will wreak further havoc.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
Re: Moyes not up to the job.
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2014, 05:21:50 pm by BigColSutherland »
Thank you Robbie Savage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26366857

Failed to beat any of the top 6- he has the worst record of any Premier league club against the top 6. This was the same carry on when he was at Everton.

Utd beat Arsenal. They are in the top 6. You are wrong.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2014, 05:23:51 pm by pib »
Thank you Robbie Savage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26366857

I particularly like #10 on that list. "He's not Sir Alex."

Good job Savage isn't being paid to churn out this shite eh? Oh....

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2014, 05:27:41 pm by BigColSutherland »
Utd have been so poor this season it's quite easy to think up your own reasons why. What's bizarre is that IC1967 has had to copy some off an article on the BBC.

And he still managed to get one wrong.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2014, 05:28:57 pm by IC1967 »
Great minds think alike.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2014, 05:30:08 pm by BigColSutherland »
Great minds don't get their facts wrong. You did.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2014, 05:32:43 pm by IC1967 »
Utd beat Arsenal. They are in the top 6. You are wrong.

I stand corrected. Make the most of it. It is a very rare occurrence that I make a mistake. I doubt it will happen again this year.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:36:55 pm by IC1967 »

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2014, 07:47:57 pm by IC1967 »
Other reasons he's not up to the job.

He's Scotch. Scotch people seem to be becoming increasingly incompetent at big jobs, e.g. Tony Bliar, Gordon Brown etc.

The players don't fear him like they did Fergie. Comments by Van Persie after the last game would not have been tolerated by Fergie. If Fergie had been the manager he wouldn't have made them.

He's negative. Man Utd have been built on positive attacking play. He's a safety first merchant, always fearing the worst. Look at Everton. Never won at old Trafford during his reign. What happens when they get a positive manager? They win at Old Trafford at the first time of asking.

He's a ginger. Ginger people are never taken seriously and he is no exception. He needs to start dyeing his hair.

He is tactically unaware. Why buy Mata (a Chelsea off-cast) who plays in the same position as Rooney. Completely barmy.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2014, 07:54:12 pm by Nudga »
I could have sworn Fergie was Scottish.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2014, 08:53:58 pm by Donnywolf »

He's Scotch. Scotch people seem to be becoming increasingly incompetent at big jobs, e.g. Tony Bliar, Gordon Brown etc.

The players don't fear him like they did Fergie. Comments by Van Persie after the last game would not have been tolerated by Fergie. If Fergie had been the manager he wouldn't have made them.

He's negative. Man Utd have been built on positive attacking play. He's a safety first merchant, always fearing the worst. Look at Everton. Never won at old Trafford during his reign. What happens when they get a positive manager? They win at Old Trafford at the first time of asking.

He's a ginger. Ginger people are never taken seriously and he is no exception. He needs to start dyeing his hair.

He is tactically unaware. Why buy Mata (a Chelsea off-cast) who plays in the same position as Rooney. Completely barmy.

Despite you saying you would probably not make another mistake this year you did one almost immediately with the phrase "He's Scotch" which I believe should be "He's Scottish". Scotch is of course a drink made in Scotland

I let you off with the Tony Bliar because by and large I like your anti Man U sentiments

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 01, 2014, 09:29:42 pm by Draytonian III »

Bigerty Bigerty Boring Kitson

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 02, 2014, 02:03:12 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
I read this Savage article, he says that:

- Moyes should be himself (i.e. not drop RVP)
- Moyes should have followed SAF and not be his own man (i.e. sacking coaches)

Shitty inconsistency from a shitty pundit.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 02, 2014, 02:07:48 pm by Filo »

He's Scotch. Scotch people seem to be becoming increasingly incompetent at big jobs, e.g. Tony Bliar, Gordon Brown

You forgot Ian Duncan Smith in your list, why?

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 02, 2014, 03:03:55 pm by afro goal machine »
I read this Savage article, he says that:

- Moyes should be himself (i.e. not drop RVP)
- Moyes should have followed SAF and not be his own man (i.e. sacking coaches)

Shitty inconsistency from a shitty pundit.

he also wants the book throwing at pardew (massive over reaction) like he was a saint when he played

GM-MarkB

« Reply #14 on March 02, 2014, 05:23:34 pm by GM-MarkB »
You beat me to it Donnywolf. As an old Scottish friend of mine once said to some numpty...."If i'm Scotch, does that make you Engltch"

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 03, 2014, 08:51:44 pm by roversdude »
Bizarrely I thought this was going to be about a talentless dj

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2014, 01:17:12 pm by IC1967 »
The Telegraph makes a compelling case as to why he is not up to the job. I just hope none of the Old Trafford hierarchy read the paper. The longer he is there the better, as it won't be long before they are plying their trade in the Championship.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/david-moyes/10709107/31-reasons-David-Moyes-must-leave-Manchester-United.html

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2014, 01:34:47 pm by BigColSutherland »
I am in little doubt that Moyes is struggling, but that is one of the worst articles I have ever read.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2014, 02:27:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What a superb article. I'm at a loss at to why he didn't include the fact that this is the first time in history that Manchester United have lost to a team whose name is an anagram of "Look a' my pis".

That would have been in the spirit of the rest of the article.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2014, 02:42:30 pm by BigColSutherland »
My favourite fact of the week is:

"Manchester United have the best away record in the Premier League"

It's not in that article though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2014, 02:50:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Eeh.

Statistics eh? They can prove anything if the purveyor has an agenda that they want to push.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2014, 02:52:05 pm by BigColSutherland »
These must be those margins of which you spoke.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 26, 2014, 03:40:58 pm by IC1967 »
Statistics eh? They can prove anything if the purveyor has an agenda that they want to push.

Pot, kettle, black.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 26, 2014, 05:09:18 pm by redwine »
Great minds think alike.

First time I've heard anyone say that Robbie Savage has a great mind !!!

If you ever had any credibility, I'd suggest it just went poof.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 26, 2014, 06:57:01 pm by IC1967 »
There's no need to call me a poof. There are probably some gay 'members' of the forum who may be offended by such language.

Rest assured though that I'm not. Billy has called me far worse in the past.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 26, 2014, 06:59:14 pm by RedJ »
But he didn't call you a poof.. you're just trying to twist his words. Shock horror there.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 26, 2014, 07:29:48 pm by redwine »
Methinks you protest too much,old son. As you well know,I didn't call into question your sexuality. If I posted what I really thought of you I would lay myself open to a ban and quite frankly you're not worth it.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 26, 2014, 09:10:18 pm by MachoMadness »
I know Mick is pretty obviously just playing a character at this point but I'm amazed at just how much time he puts into it. It might be a laugh when it's some teenager who just logs on once for 5 minutes, calls all the mods gay or summat then never visits the forums again, but Mick's been doing this for years, under several usernames, racking up thousands of posts, not one of which is intelligent or worth reading. The Off Topic section is basically a free-for-all at this point. I don't know why Mick devotes quite so much of his time (I'll say again, THOUSANDS of posts spread over YEARS of his life) to winding up a Donny Rovers forum but the fact he still isn't bored of it is worrying. For crying out loud Mick, take up building model ships, stamp collecting, watch The Wire boxset, anything that isn't acting like a moron on an internet forum and tittering away to yourself when everyone responds to you like a moron.

The alternative of course is that he's a real person who actually believes the shit he writes, which is equally worrying. This post is not so much to Mick (I know he'll be yukking away at yet another reaction), but to all the usual names who respond to him regularly, save yourself the hassle, responding to Mick is basically the equivalent of my grandma getting pissed off when Jake the Snake Roberts used to cheat on the wrestling. He's playing a villainous character, he's a work of fiction, there's no point.

To get this on topic, I think Moyes is a great manager who's experiencing obvious teething problems after taking over from 2 decades of consistent leadership. He'll get it right in a few years, though whether he'll survive that long is doubtful.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 26, 2014, 09:34:06 pm by IC1967 »
You were doing OK until your final paragraph. Moyes is a very average manager. His biggest claim to fame is that he's kept Everton in the top division. Wow. So have many managers since 1954. That's 60 years. What did Everton actually win? Not a lot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012