Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:12:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leicester fans  (Read 3669 times)

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
Leicester fans
« on May 03, 2014, 11:54:04 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Hung around outside the ground after watching Leicester receive the trophy, as my lad and his mate who I took, wanted to meet a couple of their Leicester supporting mates after the game. The amount of home fans who came up to me, shake my hand and offer condolences was staggering. To a man (and women) they were gutted that they'd sent us down, and Birmingham had stayed up. most of them said it had actually spoilt there day, knew how I felt and would miss visiting our ground as were a friendly club and admired what we've achieved in recent years.

I know its easy to be nice when your champions, and there was a great atmosphere and rapport between both sets of fans today. They were grateful for the respect shown to Kevin Phillips when he went off, and clearly have a lot of love for Paul Dickov.

Having gone to Leicester feeling proud to be a Rovers fan, I left feeling prouder still.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:56:33 pm by Harrogate Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
Re: Leicester fans
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2014, 12:02:37 am by RedArmy »
Brilliant :scarf:

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #2 on May 04, 2014, 12:03:26 am by DRFC MYERS »
Got to say I had very good interaction with their fans and with being right next to meshing on the right hand side they were fantastic..
Well Except from one part when they scored a penalty and I had a coin hit me in the side of the face.. Was a bit peeved as we had been nothing but good sports but I did have multiple LCFC fans signaling asking if I was ok.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2014, 12:18:05 am by Arsenal Of The North »
Can't praise therefans enough, thought both he
And away fans were amazing today!

stripeyfox

« Reply #4 on May 06, 2014, 11:27:38 am by stripeyfox »
I was at the game with my son sitting in the West Stand (at the same end as you lot, but the opposite corner).

Like most other Leicester fans, I really wanted you guys to stay up - it would have made a great party afterwards. Spoke to a few of your lads beforehand and everyone was friendly. It was a great atmosphere and you are the first set of away fans to participate in the Mexican Wave (that I have seen) - normally we just "boo" as it travels through that corner and resumes on the other side!

It wasn't until I got home later that I learned that one of your supporters had been taken ill in the game and subsequently died. A truly terrible tragedy and I will add my voice to those expressing condolences to his family.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 06, 2014, 01:24:56 pm by RTID75 »
They were great fans, and until the end we were all having a great time. The best experience of opposition fans I think I've ever had.

Thank you Leicester fans. :)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 06, 2014, 02:31:33 pm by Jenny »
Whilst I think that the Leicester fans have been very gracious in relegating us etc, I have to say that on the whole, I thought they were disappointing on Saturday.

It was billed as this massive celebration day and the atmosphere was flat as a pancake in the home ends for the vast majority of the game, it picked up when the news that Bolton had scored filtered around the ground but aside from the occasions where we were going mental in the away end, I thought that they were pretty flat. The guys to our left were trying to make a good go of it but the rest of the ground may as well have stayed at home at times.

It tends to happen on these occasions, you get loads of day trippers who just want to go and wave their flags and see the team lift the trophy despite having only seen a handful of games during the season. They don't really end up contributing much.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 06, 2014, 04:31:14 pm by Albert Trousers »
Leicester shirt & flag now hung up at KM memorial garden, their fans have been a credit to their club.

Fox on the run

« Reply #8 on May 06, 2014, 05:52:26 pm by Fox on the run »
From a fox I was truly hoping beyond hope that you'd get an equaliser in stoppage time as the last time I looked on my phone at the Bolton score they were one up, then I heard someone behind me saying it was 2-1, then nothing for a while until our game finished.

The noise you made when the first goal at the Reebok came through will live with me forever, I have never experienced that at a game on the last day before. We were joining in with your songs then about staying up.

The trouble at the KP is it's hard to hear the other end, I sit in SK2 directly behind the goal furthest from the away fans and we have pockets of different songs all around us.

To your left was L block, used to be the loudest and to your right the family stand who screwed up the Sky Bet champions flag when it went round!

I noticed you all applauding Kevin Philips and as he hasn't played for you I thought that was truly respectful of a great players career.

Each one of you should be proud of your visit on Saturday, it hurts when you lose and get relegated but I hope you return very soon.

One club I'll keep a look out for in the results, that's for sure.

Oh and Ipswich started a wave in the Sven era on the last day, they did the conga too which with your sell out wouldn't have been possible.

I was jealous of your atmosphere in the concourse on that you tube clip with the dozens of beach balls and singing, great set of fans.

All the best for next season and as we say at Leicester, 'Keep the Faith'.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 06, 2014, 08:31:07 pm by 1879Rovers »
Whilst I think that the Leicester fans have been very gracious in relegating us etc, I have to say that on the whole, I thought they were disappointing on Saturday.

It was billed as this massive celebration day and the atmosphere was flat as a pancake in the home ends for the vast majority of the game, it picked up when the news that Bolton had scored filtered around the ground but aside from the occasions where we were going mental in the away end, I thought that they were pretty flat. The guys to our left were trying to make a good go of it but the rest of the ground may as well have stayed at home at times.

It tends to happen on these occasions, you get loads of day trippers who just want to go and wave their flags and see the team lift the trophy despite having only seen a handful of games during the season. They don't really end up contributing much.

Just getting ready for life in the Premier League. Having done quite a few PL games, there is hardly a decent atmosphere anywhere these days with lots of normal fans being squeezed out by the corporate and jump on the bandwagon brigade.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012