Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:07:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anybody got any tales to tell  (Read 6298 times)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
Re: Anybody got any tales to tell
« Reply #30 on July 22, 2014, 04:03:45 pm by Wokingviking »
Funny stories,inside stories or just weird things that have happened while you have been following Rovers

However I do have a more personal anecdote regarding Rovers. I went to study at Merton College, Oxford in 1969. One of my fellow students was called Alec Jeffreys. I clearly remember one evening in the college bar explaining to him how he so nearly had a famous name. I am not sure if Professor Sir Alec Jeffreys, Fellow of the Royal Society and developer of DNA fingerprinting would actually still remember that particular conversation.

Dutch Uncle's anecdote is worthy of an Alan Bennett play.  Just brilliant.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 22, 2014, 04:38:02 pm by PDX_Rover »
I remember half of the Rovers team asleep in our living room back in the day. Must've been 1986/7-ish. My younger sister had gone to Park Lane with her mates and I'd been out round town with my then girlfriend.
Me and my girlfriend go back home to Cantley and I wake up in the morning and downstairs crashed out of sofas and the floor are Duggie, Jim Dobbin and Neil Woods. My sister is crashed out in her room with her mates.

The sound of snoring, the refreshing aroma of stale beer and farts.... And that was just from my sister's room...

Happy Days.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 22, 2014, 05:48:26 pm by Dimples-D »
Went down to Millmoor late one night after they had a night game. Nicked their nets. Used them on the quarry field in Scawthorpe for years after that. Heard it made all the local press in Rotherham.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 22, 2014, 07:48:18 pm by Wellington Vaults »
Oslo,

Remember that time you got a summons for breaking the law by running that bus to Hereford United???????

TinyPortal © 2005-2012