Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:43:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Set Back on the Road to Promotion  (Read 2012 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
A Set Back on the Road to Promotion
« on August 30, 2014, 06:21:05 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
This season is like a Deja vu of the previous season we were in this league,losing to teams we should be beating at home,i am hoping we pick things up just like we did that season.
Today was just not good enough,one shot on target all game,needless fouls all over the place,a lack of the slickness of passing and movement that got us wins against better opposition than Oldham.
Most of the lads who won against Watford retained their shirts for this game,Wakefield being very unlucky to be one of the few that didn't.

The exploits of Tuesday night seemed to have took a bit of the energy,creativity out of the team today,Jed Steer doesn't look as convincing as we need him to be,Rob Jones for me it was very risky just throwing him back in to the side,it didn't work out this time.
Coppinger couldn't influence things as much as he usually does,the link up between the whole team wasn't there today,it was a really bad off day,and a consequence of a team still learning about each other.

We have got a break now till the 13th of September game at Bristol city,plenty of time to try and iron out a few of the problems that are still in the side.
Paul also has to work on the home form because if you don't get anything at all in your Home games,that's massive pressure on the away games.
It also gives time to get some of the players who are not fully fit may be to get a game or two in behind closed doors,so they are firing for the City game,nobody who played today can complain if they are on the bench for that one.

No need to panic,and there will be other disappointing games like today's,as the season goes on it has to happen less and less though.
For the Bristol city game i wouldn't change too much,may be Wellens in for De Val and Forrester for Furman.
But that's a long way in the future,lots of work needs to be done on the back four as a unit,the passing needs to be more consistently good,and more shots on target,because one on target at home is not Good enough.
We are good enough to win this league,just a few things not quite right,which if Dickov sorts out the consistency will come.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CottyRover

• VSC Member
Re: A Set Back on the Road to Promotion
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2014, 06:55:59 pm by CottyRover »
This thread is clearly too positive for most people! That's twice we haven't turned up, but I agree, let's see how things develop. Can't afford too many performances like this, however.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2014, 10:09:39 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
This thread is clearly too positive for most people! That's twice we haven't turned up, but I agree, let's see how things develop. Can't afford too many performances like this, however.

I Had a feeling that we were due an off day,new team in parts,not everything is sunshine and roses,there are minor problems here and there.
I'm just surprised the off day was against Oldham,i thought we might nick a scruffy one nil win,but it does reflect what we were doing in the promotion season,but the only way we replicate the success from then is a level of consistency needs to be found,a settled team,and a dollop of good luck.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2014, 07:56:23 am by colincramb »
Minor problems?

curiousgeorge

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2014, 07:30:14 pm by curiousgeorge »
lets be honest were not gonna win every game we play

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2014, 11:19:06 am by Colin C No.3 »
lets be honest were not gonna win every game we play
That's stating the obvious. But losing at home (& playing in that manner) against Oldham, & against Port Vale who are a worse side than them IMO, doesn't bode well. It seems a long time since we last won a league game at home.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2014, 11:36:40 am by BRMC_rover »
Yep. Just the Football Male Soap Society writing another epic script, concluding in a game like Brentford away in our last season in Lg1.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2014, 12:09:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
Yep. Just the Football Male Soap Society writing another epic script, concluding in a game like Brentford away in our last season in Lg1.

Scunny at home last game of this season - I'd take a result and prize like we got at Brentford at home to Scunny :thumbsup:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Set back
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2014, 12:33:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm normally very tolerant and ofcourse we'll have off days, we can accept that. We seem to have more off days at home though and that cost us in the run in last season. The disappointment in the home crowd is palpable and patience is beginning to wear thin. When we have players who are much better than the 3 home performances suggest, questions are inevitable. In the absence of any sensible solution I suggest our next home game be nominated away, we don the away kit and we all pile in to North Stand!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012