Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:20:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Come on you Dons  (Read 1397 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Come on you Dons
« on August 31, 2014, 05:30:57 pm by the vicar »
Great win today 39-18 against Halifax and go 3rd

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Re: Come on you Dons
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2014, 05:57:31 pm by drfc1951 »
Brilliant.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2014, 06:00:38 pm by roversam »
Pity we cant win at home same as the egg chasers.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2014, 07:40:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
Currently 3rd with a chance of finishing 2nd.

http://www.doncasterrugbyleague.co.uk/match_day/league_table

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2014, 08:45:47 am by The Red Baron »
Currently 3rd with a chance of finishing 2nd.

http://www.doncasterrugbyleague.co.uk/match_day/league_table

I don't think they've much chance of overhauling Featherstone because their final game is at home to Barrow who are bottom of the table. However, a win over Batley will guarantee third place. Quite an achievement. Here's hoping they can carry it on through the play-offs.

Did anyone see the graphic (rather small unfortunately) in Saturday's programme which explains how next season will work? A similar placed finish next season will mean very exciting times ahead.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2014, 10:54:50 am by The Red Baron »
My mistake! Seems Featherstone have to go to Keighley which is an altogether tougher assignment.

Second place gets £450k. Not to be sneezed at. Maybe there is something in this "Club Doncaster" after all!  :)

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #6 on September 01, 2014, 12:34:29 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
A performance like this would see end of season games such as TLO Dons v HullKR, Widnes and Wakefield Trinity, not to mention Fev and Bradford Northern (i hate thise silly americanised macho names!).
And come through this little lot, maybe through a playoff and its TLO Dons v Leeds again just like that wonderful packed game in their only season in the top flight in 92-93!!
At which point i'm sorry to say i am one of those lost DDons fans. I live 100 miles away and get to see about three or four home Rovers games a year and a Keepmoat with 800 people in it doesnt hold a great appeal.
But i will return........

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2014, 07:20:13 pm by The Red Baron »
A performance like this would see end of season games such as TLO Dons v HullKR, Widnes and Wakefield Trinity, not to mention Fev and Bradford Northern (i hate thise silly americanised macho names!).
And come through this little lot, maybe through a playoff and its TLO Dons v Leeds again just like that wonderful packed game in their only season in the top flight in 92-93!!
At which point i'm sorry to say i am one of those lost DDons fans. I live 100 miles away and get to see about three or four home Rovers games a year and a Keepmoat with 800 people in it doesnt hold a great appeal.
But i will return........

Longbridge- as you know I live in your neck of the woods. I went up to see the Dons v Swinton game this season (towards the end of July) and had a most enjoyable day.

I had half a mind to come up this Sunday but something's cropped up now. However, I haven't ruled out trying to get a play-off game in.

Anyway- when the fixtures for the Dons for next season come out drop me a PM and we'll see if we can arrange something.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012