Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:26:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: D-day for dickov  (Read 3758 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
D-day for dickov
« on September 20, 2014, 10:10:53 am by raggytash »
Surely!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: D-day for dickov
« Reply #1 on September 20, 2014, 10:34:21 am by dickos1 »
Yep, let's start with the negativity before a ball is kicked

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 20, 2014, 10:34:22 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Surely not.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 20, 2014, 10:57:43 am by podrover73 »
Are you massimo cellino

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 20, 2014, 11:00:56 am by mrfrostsdad »
Totally agree Raggy.
I said we had to get 4 points from these 2 home games or he has to go. If we get beat today he has to go tonight. No messing about till tomorrow or Monday.

I sincerely hope we win and it kick starts our season, because let's face it, at home we've been an absolute shambles

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 20, 2014, 11:02:25 am by bfdoncaster west »
who wood yoy get as manger

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 20, 2014, 11:08:57 am by mrfrostsdad »
bfd,
If PD gets the sack (which I don't actually think will happen even if we do get beat today) as an interim measure I would have Jones and Wellens. That would then give the board a bit of breathing space to bring in someone new.
I think it would be a difficult decision, because any experienced manager worth his salt would want real money to spend on players, and it is obviously apparent that is not going to happen

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 20, 2014, 11:12:33 am by Dare to dream! »
I doubt he will get sacked even if we do lose. Being honest though I really don't fancy us today given Chesterfields good scoring record and our poor defensive form of late.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 20, 2014, 11:14:27 am by scaley back rover »
3 nil win it is then for the rovers

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 20, 2014, 11:21:55 am by dickos1 »
There ain't anyone any better to take over. The squad we have mourinho would struggle at min with the players we have missing

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 20, 2014, 11:28:57 am by mrfrostsdad »
Don't totally disagree with you Dickos, with one exception: the players we have missing bit.
Jones is out, but to be honest I have a sneaky feeling he's on his way out and I don't mean transferred. I think he's shot. Main, I don't know. I've only seen him once and he didn't have a kick. Forrester is a **** (make up your own word) and yes we miss him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in January, especially if we can get money for him, which we would.

So, in reality we don't really have that much missing. Also, I don't think PD gets the best out of what we have got. I think he was delighted with a 0-0 draw on Tuesday night - he just about said as much - against the worst team I've seen in ages

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 20, 2014, 11:29:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
I've reckoned for a while that if/when Dickov goes he will be replaced by Rob Jones. It would be accepted as  a good appointment from the many fans who already think he's a god like figure who can do no wrong, as well as mean that the board would save even more money............And we all know of their commitment to that!

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 20, 2014, 11:32:46 am by Sheepskin Stu »
What coaching credentials and experience has Rob Jones got?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 20, 2014, 11:42:22 am by dickos1 »
Doesn't matter what happens in the future though. Today were missing our captain, our main striker and our most creative player.
With a budget like ours it makes it almost impossible

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 20, 2014, 11:43:17 am by mrfrostsdad »
I hope he has some as he's running the youth team isn't he? And as that is 'our future' according to the board, I'm rather hoping he knows what he's doing

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 20, 2014, 11:45:33 am by dickos1 »
There's a big difference between coaching the youngsters and being a first team manager.
I wouldn't be happy if we sacked Dickov n appointed jones. I'd be shocked if that happened

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 20, 2014, 11:47:05 am by mrfrostsdad »
I think Dickos, we have to get used to being without Jones, I really do. As for Forrester, this will be 5 games out of 8 he's missed. As I said, make up your own word. I've not seen enough of Main so don't know if he's our saviour or not.
What it bolls down to is we need to spend money. We need a goalkeeper, a full back, a centre half and a striker. I think we would be ok in midfield if PD picks the correct players/formation

Just my shout obviously

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 20, 2014, 11:47:57 am by Donnybax »
If we sack dickov jones will definitely take charge on a temporary basis at the very least. Personally I think it would be a terrible appointment

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 20, 2014, 11:48:03 am by mrfrostsdad »
I'd be shocked too mate. Doubt it will happen. And I think if it did it would only be a temporary measure

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 20, 2014, 11:52:07 am by mrfrostsdad »
Personally Donnybax, I don't think anything would be as terrible as leaving Dickov in charge.
I hope he proves me wrong and we get promoted and I will eat an extremely large piece of humble pie. In my opinion, and lots of others as well, he got us relegated from a position of relative safety last year.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 20, 2014, 12:13:21 pm by dickos1 »
I agree we need to spend money. But that's why I don't see how we can blame Dickov at the minute. I would rather he was given the money than anyone else cause he's proven time and time again that pulling off really good signings is his strength

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 20, 2014, 12:25:38 pm by raggytash »
The book stops with bramall,no chance he'll take the rap, and with fans voting with there feet,I think it's a question of how long does it go on, but I feel for pd no backing at all.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 20, 2014, 01:26:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Personally Donnybax, I don't think anything would be as terrible as leaving Dickov in charge.
I hope he proves me wrong and we get promoted and I will eat an extremely large piece of humble pie. In my opinion, and lots of others as well, he got us relegated from a position of relative safety last year.

Wasn't it Dickov who got us into that position of relative safety in the first place?

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 20, 2014, 02:44:56 pm by MiKA »
Surely!

Does this mean that if we can at least get a draw from todays game against a team up in 3rd you'll finally get behind him?    ;)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 20, 2014, 02:51:23 pm by Drover »
I was not impressed when we gave Dickov the job,but once we did,barring distrasterous defeats,I believe we should give a manager a decent length time,however last season,I thought we would be relegation certainties not long after christmas,but I was pleasantly surprised with how well our season went,only going down on last day.But now we are not only struggling for points in league one,but putting in some very poor displays often at home,this and his poor record in league one previous,Im now of the impression that it was the quality of many of our Players that gave us a good chance of staying up last season and not PD tactics/management style.I am hoping we replace him soon before its too late for this season,providing the Board can make a good choice replacement.Easier said than done.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 20, 2014, 03:05:31 pm by aidanstu »
Any sacking which is dependent or not on whether we win one game or not should not be a sacking. Are you saying if we win he is a good manager but if we don't he is rubbish?

Any sacking should be performance, not necessarily results led, and be measures over a sustained period when the person being sacked is to blame. Simply this is not the case.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 20, 2014, 03:20:16 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
D-Day....

Going well so far, troops on the beaches, enemy caught napping. Several of their gun emplacements taken out, seems we're making our way up the cliffs, minimal damage to us, though seems the enemy have got their socks on now.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 20, 2014, 03:23:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Enemy casualties rising....  :evil:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 20, 2014, 03:30:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Enemy well awake and in position now. Both sides taking a battering, high energy battle but Dickov's army still making progress.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 20, 2014, 03:37:00 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Despite some threatening counter movements, the enemy is looking like it's on the run. The red army pouring over the cliffs and heading inland  :woot:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012