Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:22:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Notts County  (Read 3999 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Notts County
« on September 29, 2014, 06:59:30 pm by The Red Baron »
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/notts-county-game-off-1978059.aspx

This appeared on DROS about an hour ago. I suspect they've got the page ready for the announcement which will come in the next couple of days.

I'm not aware of any international squads being announced, but I think clubs are notified in advance of players who will be called up. Furman, McCullough and Marosi are all likely to be called up and Robinson might be as well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

robchester

• Forum Member
Re: Notts County
« Reply #1 on September 29, 2014, 08:12:30 pm by robchester »
Phew I was going to have to work that one

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 29, 2014, 10:32:43 pm by The Red Baron »
Marosi has been called up. So as Furman and McCullough are almost certain to be in their squads we have the three for a postponement.

http://www.futbalsfz.sk/reprezentacia/sr-21/spravy/novinka/nominacia-21-ky-na-zapasy-s-talianskom.html

The Slovakian U-21s don't appear to have a game in November, so there is just a chance that we'll have to play the Blunts.

Edit. Just checked and Furman has been called up by South Africa.

http://www.safa.net/index.php?page=articles&id=2472
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:35:33 pm by The Red Baron »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 29, 2014, 10:45:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
Maybe Furman can coax the South African national coach to try his luck at Rovers.

I have no doubt that Ephraim ‘Shakes’ Mashaba is exactly the man to turn around our fortunes.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 29, 2014, 11:22:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Shakes has only been in charge for 2 games. Their previous manager Gordon Igesund gave Dean his debut and got him playing decent initially and I think he's without a club. :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 29, 2014, 11:36:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

http://www.futbalsfz.sk/reprezentacia/sr-21/spravy/novinka/nominacia-21-ky-na-zapasy-s-talianskom.html

Fooo-----kkiiinnnn----ellll, don't these primitives realise that we invented the game? Why can't they speekiiee Inngleesh?

Bloody EU. I say, OUT NOW and let's have no player from further east than Great Yarmouth.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 30, 2014, 10:34:36 am by Yargo »
Hows about the players say stick that we have enough to work on in getting good performances at DRFC,esp Furman seeing as Dickov has said he doesn't want him flying off halfway round the world and comming back unable to play for us,or perhaps we have a manager players listen to?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 30, 2014, 10:58:55 am by The Red Baron »
Hows about the players say stick that we have enough to work on in getting good performances at DRFC,esp Furman seeing as Dickov has said he doesn't want him flying off halfway round the world and comming back unable to play for us,or perhaps we have a manager players listen to?

I'm guessing that they might like playing international football. It is very difficult for clubs of our size to start pulling players out of International squads anyway. Fergie was able to get away with it, but I think you'd find that FIFA would come down like a ton of bricks on "little old Donny."

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2014, 12:53:45 pm by Draytonian III »
Country comes before club everytime and always should do,doesn't matter what age or what club or what sport. To represent your country is the highest honour possible

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 30, 2014, 02:17:56 pm by RoversAlias »
We now have five away games in a row because of this call off and from a selfish, personal point of viewthis is a game I was able to go to that I now probably won't when it gets rearranged. Ah well.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2014, 02:21:36 pm by Filo »
Like I posted Yesterday, I'm hoping the Sheff Utd game gets called off on that International weekend as I'll be 30000ft somewhere betweenSpain and the UK, but some one mentioned that Slovakia U21's don't have a game that weekend, does any one know how many Internationals Sheff Utd have?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 30, 2014, 02:27:23 pm by bobbymax »
Like I posted Yesterday, I'm hoping the Sheff Utd game gets called off on that International weekend as I'll be 30000ft somewhere betweenSpain and the UK, but some one mentioned that Slovakia U21's don't have a game that weekend, does any one know how many Internationals Sheff Utd have?
Didn't the Blunts have a game called off last time because of call-ups. I, too, am hoping this one's postponed as I'll be in Malta.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 30, 2014, 04:12:08 pm by The Red Baron »
I've got an idea that the Blunts game earlier this month was called off because of MK Dons' call-ups. Franchise have got two (Grigg and Reeves) in the NI squad so they only need one more for a postponement.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 30, 2014, 06:52:11 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Well, I'm on holiday next week so wouldn't have been able to go to the Notts a County game, so it's a bonus for me :-)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2014, 07:44:46 pm by LincsRover »
Had my tickets for Barnsley but they had to go back as I can't do 2nd December, could make notts county on 11th but no doubt the rearranged game will be a Tuesday when I can't make it due to work and the Sheffield Utd game is when I'm on stage at the drill hall in Lincoln so no doubt that bloody game will go ahead as normal!

:suicide:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 03, 2014, 07:09:02 am by roversdude »
I'm sure a team as big as blunts will be packed full of internationals

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 03, 2014, 08:17:48 am by The Red Baron »
As of today, the Blunts' game against Leyton Orient on Saturday 11th October is still on. That suggests to me that they haven't got a problem with international call-ups.

Apart from our game with Notts County, the only other League game off that weekend is MK Dons v Rochdale, which has already been moved to 25th November.

There may, of course, still be squad announcements/ late replacements to come which may mean more games are off next weekend.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012