Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:38:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bradford Away  (Read 4387 times)

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
Bradford Away
« on October 27, 2014, 12:26:14 pm by RobSlingDog »
Driving to Bradford on Saturday, never been before does anyone know of anywhere to park around the ground?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Bradford Away
« Reply #1 on October 27, 2014, 12:42:36 pm by RobTheRover »
Last time I went we parked behind the ground, higher up the hill.  Probably a 20 minute walk away.  There was a good pub up there with a mix of Rovers and City fans having a good craic, but I cant remember what it was called for the life of me.

If I remember I'll post it up.

Edit.  It was on Manningham Lane, I think, but still cant remember what it was called.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:46:32 pm by RobTheRover »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 27, 2014, 01:07:19 pm by idler »
Depends what time you get there. Quite a few of the shoppers car parks now have number plate recognition and a couple of hours or so maximum stay. If you are there early enough there are some spaces on Midland road. You can also park on Kings Road near Glynn Webbs. This is a road running off the Airedale/wharfs dale, Canal rd.
Stay in the outside lane and fork right at the Citreon garage. You can park on both sides so if you turn round you are straight down after the game. It's a 15 minute or so walk to the ground from there.
If you don't mind paying there is the NCP on Norfolk Gardens near the interchange. Jacob's Well a good real ale pub is just up from this. There is also a car park behind the pub.
It's only four miles for me so I'm hoping to get dropped off.
L

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 27, 2014, 05:17:03 pm by RobSlingDog »
Cheers thanks for the replies :)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 27, 2014, 05:18:53 pm by Wild Rover »
Last time I went we parked behind the ground, higher up the hill.  Probably a 20 minute walk away.  There was a good pub up there with a mix of Rovers and City fans having a good craic, but I cant remember what it was called for the life of me.

Edit.  It was on Manningham Lane, I think, but still cant remember what it was called.

Is it not the "Belle View"

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 27, 2014, 05:25:35 pm by RobSlingDog »
There is a street called that. Yeah.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 27, 2014, 05:40:08 pm by RobTheRover »

Is it not the "Belle View"

Cant remember, mate.  And I've had a virtual stroll up and down the road on Google Earth too and cant spot it.  Maybe its been bulldozed?  There was a bloke inside selling copies of "The City Gent" if that helps.... probably not.  lol

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 27, 2014, 05:43:14 pm by Wild Rover »
It was the "Belle Vue" not view as I put ( View ). Building still there, but is now an Indian Restaurant.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 27, 2014, 05:44:49 pm by RobTheRover »
Ah, probably rules that one out as a watering hole then.  Thanks for that, WR

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 27, 2014, 05:54:44 pm by idler »

It's called the Bradford Arms. It's on a corner. A few years ago it was called Nellie Dene's for a while.
The Belle View used to have strippers on pre-match some years ago.
My mate used to walk down from there at  2:55 and still get in for 3o'clock
and get his favourite place on the crash barrier behind the Kop goal.
I think it's some kind of religious school rather than a restaurant though.
If you walk from the station don't bother calling in The Shoulder of Mutton. It's a nice pint of Sam Smiths but can get members of the ointment in pre-match so that one would be a loser. 

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 28, 2014, 12:32:42 pm by RobSlingDog »
So without sounding dumb, Is there parking up this street called the 'Bell Vue' if so would that be better than parking near Citeron Dealership?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 28, 2014, 07:54:40 pm by idler »
Most City fans park below the ground. There is no parking as such by what was the Belle View.
The roads around the ground can be a bit iffy as some locals don't like football fans parking in front of their terraced houses. There has been incidents of car windows being broken. Not always to take anything but to deter people parking.
There is limited parking now compared to previously on Midland Road but this goes quickly.
Queens road is at the end of Midland Road and some park on this and Bolton Road up the hill away from the ground.
I'd park on Kings Road opposite Glynn Webbs pointing down the hill. A ten/15 minute walk to the ground. If you get near the bottom where the Citreon garage is you can cross Canal Road and go right for a few yards there is a fork left that you can walk up onto Queens Road, that is the quickest way in my opinion.
After the game you can drop down onto Canal Road and go to the M62 via either Wakefield Road or Manchester Road. There won't be a lot of difference time wise.
There is also limited parking in the streets Opposite the Foster Square retail Park as well. Again a ten minute walk but easy access to Canal Road after the game.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 28, 2014, 08:48:32 pm by SLO@DRFC »
As we put on the Facebook page:

Tickets will be taken off sale at midday Thursday. They will be on sale on the day but we are awaiting confirmation of whether this will be on the turnstiles or a ticket office - no price increase on the day.

Driving: Post Code for Sat-Nav: BD8 7DY - Parking is mostly street parking around the stadium.

If travelling by train the station is a good 20 minute walk from the ground. You can get a taxi for about £6.00 or you can take a bus from the bus station (622, 623, 626 or 662). If travelling via Leeds you can try and get off at Foster Square which is much closer to the stadium and only a 10 minute walk.

No alcohol is available in away fans in the stadium, but we have been told the Bradford Arms on Manningham Lane is welcoming towards away fans and is only 2 minutes from the ground.

As usual programmes are £3 and if you are a collector of Fanzine the Bradford City Gent is the longest established running fanzine in England and priced at £2.00

We have a great reputation for our support away from home and you have all been fantastic in numbers and volume so far this season, please continue this trend on Saturday and remember to Respect the Badge and Enjoy the Match.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 28, 2014, 09:32:39 pm by ferribyrover »
When I lived in Bradford many years ago, myself and a group of lads used to do beer and curry nights. Often including the belle vue, and if my memory is right they had strippers at weekends, but to keep out the riff raff an entry fee was charged. 5p I think it was.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 28, 2014, 09:40:06 pm by RedRover45 »
Reminds of the first two seasons in the Conference when we played away at Kingstonian. Pub next to the ground had strippers on before kick off. Had to pop in the following season just to check I hadn't imagined it lol

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 28, 2014, 11:26:14 pm by RobTheRover »
When I lived in Bradford many years ago, myself and a group of lads used to do beer and curry nights. Often including the belle vue, and if my memory is right they had strippers at weekends, but to keep out the riff raff an entry fee was charged. 5p I think it was.

It's still 5p to get into Wildcats in Barnsley. 

It's £50 to get out,  though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 28, 2014, 11:50:38 pm by Filo »

5p to keep the riff raff out :)

Those riff raff in Bradford won't push the boat out will they? :)

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 29, 2014, 12:09:44 pm by RobSlingDog »
Cheers Idler, Ill give Kings Road a go then. Thanks for your help

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 29, 2014, 05:59:39 pm by idler »
The Glynn Webb store I was talking about is now a B&M store.
If you park near there you can walk down Queens Road to the ground.
If you park pointing down Kings Road, the lower down and near Evans Halshaw Citreon garage is a better option. You can walk down cross Canal Road go right on Canal Road and the fork left to go onto Queens Road. Midland Road is only about 50 yes further on then.
Just make sure that as you come along the Airedale Wharfedale which runs onto Canal Road you get into the outside lane.
You then take the right fork and the Citreon garage is easily seen to your right.
If you miss it take the first right after you go under the bridge.
Go to the top and turn right. Straight through the lights and the Citreon garage is on you left 200 yds.

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 30, 2014, 12:20:51 pm by RobSlingDog »
Spot on. Ive google mapped it so fingers crossed ill get there in one piece ha! Cheers for your help.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 30, 2014, 06:12:09 pm by idler »
No probs. I hope it's worth the trip.
At least I can get a lift down to the pub, walk to the ground after a couple of pints and then get picked up at the pub after a celebratory pint.
That's what I'm hoping anyway. At least I'll be home earlier than after our home games. :)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 30, 2014, 06:51:25 pm by Retdon1 »
Anyone know of any pubs near forster square train station that are worth a visit.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 30, 2014, 07:33:44 pm by idler »
I'll be in the Corn Dolly. Loads of real ales on and a good friendly bunch.
It's about a five minute walk from Foster Square.
Cross the little car park where the taxis are and walk to the road, the retail park is on your left. Turn right at the main road and then 2nd left at the mini roundabout. You will see a set of lights 40 yds in front on Canal Road.
Straight over these lights and the pub is 30 yards on up the little slope on Bolton Road. It does get busy though.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 31, 2014, 06:04:28 pm by ExileRover »
Has it been confirmed whether we can pay at the turnstlie tomorrow or if we must go to the ticket office?

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 31, 2014, 07:06:19 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Has it been confirmed whether we can pay at the turnstlie tomorrow or if we must go to the ticket office?

Unfortunatley not, we have requested this information from the SLO at Bradford but yet to have a response.

Looking at what other clubs have said in their run up to fixtures at Bradford away supporters have paid on the cash turnstiles.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 01, 2014, 08:24:27 am by andy didcott »
Hope it is cash turnstiles today.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 01, 2014, 09:29:49 am by idler »
I have just spoken to the City ticket office and there will be a cash turnstile for away fans.
Students that show their card can get in for £14.
I've bought 9 tickets already and my grand daughter has just asked if she can go as well. I hope that the adults pay me as I'll have paid £140 out. At least the Rovers got commission on £123 worth.
I'm dreading getting a round in though.  ;)

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 01, 2014, 10:10:50 am by ExileRover »
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to this one, nice day for it.... COYR

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 01, 2014, 10:13:45 am by idler »
Sunny and dry in Bradford at the minute but a cool breeze.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 01, 2014, 10:15:17 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Shortest trip of the season for me, nice weather in West Yorkshire so should be a decent day.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012