Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:16:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is dickov buying time??  (Read 8209 times)

acko

• Forum Member
Re: Is dickov buying time??
« Reply #30 on October 30, 2014, 01:05:33 pm by acko »
in my -november crisis -post i said what basically your all saying now,the truth is the supporters are divided more than i have ever known in my 60 years supporting the club should dickov go even tho hes had two bad summers to contend. with or should we stick,should the board sell up and give someone else a chance or do we support what they tell us theyre trying to achieve.or should we accept what weve got and get behind the team. but it would be nice if we basicaliy all agreed

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 30, 2014, 01:12:02 pm by IDM »
acko you are correct there is certainly division amongst fans' opinions of PD.

Some say sack now, or should have gone last may, or never have got the job in the first place.

For me, I'll support the team regardless, and I would like to see the effect of PD's changes over the next few weeks or months.  I believe this board doesn't do knee jerk reactions, and I agree with that.

If the board decides to change the manager should our performances and results not improve then I will support the team with the next manager too.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 30, 2014, 02:37:46 pm by bpoolrover »
Can't understand this on paper we should be doing better,we have copps wellens forrester and who else on paper is there that should meAn we should be doing better

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 30, 2014, 02:45:49 pm by acko »
maybe we overate some of our players and we underate the opposition players,and dont forget what i have said before all relegated clubs are struggling to find consistancy

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 30, 2014, 02:52:23 pm by bpoolrover »
Agree acko,none of the defence until we got butler would get a look in with most teams in the top half,granted a decent midfield,and apart from main who we have not seen enough of yet the same goes for Tyson and Robinson

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 30, 2014, 03:43:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
in my -november crisis -post i said what basically your all saying now,the truth is the supporters are divided more than i have ever known in my 60 years supporting the club should dickov go even tho hes had two bad summers to contend. with or should we stick,should the board sell up and give someone else a chance or do we support what they tell us theyre trying to achieve.or should we accept what weve got and get behind the team. but it would be nice if we basicaliy all agreed

Most divided in 60 years. We were as divided as this in Autumn 2007.

As for us all agreeing, God forbid. This is football. RTR made the point earlier. The day everyone agrees about football is the day I stop watching.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 30, 2014, 03:53:55 pm by bpoolrover »
Agree bst it would be very boring

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 30, 2014, 08:30:09 pm by jmt »
No it wouldn't  !  :silly:

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 30, 2014, 09:30:23 pm by StocktonRover »
Yes it would  ;)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 30, 2014, 09:50:58 pm by bpoolrover »
It might be

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 30, 2014, 09:57:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Don't talk b*llocks. Of course it would.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 30, 2014, 10:03:22 pm by bpoolrover »
I think Mick might not agree with you billy

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 31, 2014, 05:50:40 am by GazLaz »
We are only a dozen or so games into the season, that's not a lot at all.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 31, 2014, 07:53:52 am by coventryrover »
He's had a dozen or so games this season plus last season.  He's had long enough.

I haven't seen one post from those stating give him time which states what attributes he does have to function as a manager properly.

In saying that I would prefer us to win rather than lose just to get rid of a manager, but I fell it's a chicken and egg.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 31, 2014, 07:55:12 am by IDM »
SCWK, don't forget that PD did try to get Butler in the Summer and there was no urgency to get another keeper until now.

As for making other changes sooner, I can understand why this hasn't happened yet.  Our performances have been inconsistent yes, but that means there have been good ones and bad.  Therefore I think PD would be looking to get more of the better performances with the same players.  Funds have been there for loans, but perhaps he hasn't seen the need for knee jerk reactions? 

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 31, 2014, 07:57:57 am by Sheepskin Stu »
He's had a dozen or so games this season plus last season.  He's had long enough.

I haven't seen one post from those stating give him time which states what attributes he does have to function as a manager properly.

In saying that I would prefer us to win rather than lose just to get rid of a manager, but I fell it's a chicken and egg.

A nice breakfast post.  On a crumpet forum I moderate on, this would be eggcellent.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 31, 2014, 08:09:13 am by coventryrover »
I thought you'dbe more pikelet Stu:)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 31, 2014, 08:10:51 am by Sheepskin Stu »
I thought you'dbe more pikelet Stu:)

Ooof. Pikelets are the maverick of the breakfast item world.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 31, 2014, 08:36:26 am by hoolahoop »

Most divided in 60 years. We were as divided as this in Autumn 2007.

As for us all agreeing, God forbid. This is football. RTR made the point earlier. The day everyone agrees about football is the day I stop watching.

Our fan base has always been divided in much the same way as most other team's supporters are .
Fact is the manager has been through two of the toughest preparations that any of our manager's has had the misfortune to have to go through. Twice he's had the thinnest squad to start the two previous seasons with. Players perhaps being allowed to stay , players that he may or may not sign etc etc. Takeovers that may or may not happen, money that may or may not be available ......give the man a decking chance to now get this team playing properly together. Support the bloody team and manager when they need it most. I am sick and tired of folk coming on here and saying how good they were to support the team in the Conference days when there are folk on here that have followed this team for 30,40,50, 60 or even 70 + years up and down the frigging country .
Man up or shut up this is doing my head in. Moan , moan and more moans ; this is yet another thread where a 'Dickov' kicking has developed over something he has said (rightly in my view) about our "development" team .....?  jeez can we have some sense of perspective here the clue is in the name !!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 31, 2014, 04:02:59 pm by acko »
unfortunate for dikova lot of supporters was against his appoihtment from the word go and even if he went on a run of 10 succesive wins the first loss would bring the dickov out people back again.doesnt really have a chance.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 31, 2014, 06:10:12 pm by The Red Baron »
unfortunate for dikova lot of supporters was against his appoihtment from the word go and even if he went on a run of 10 succesive wins the first loss would bring the dickov out people back again.doesnt really have a chance.

Au contraire! If he won ten games on the trot I would want to have his babies!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 31, 2014, 07:22:58 pm by hoolahoop »

Au contraire! If he won ten games on the trot I would want to have his babies!

Non mon ami, not before me you wouldn't . lol

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 31, 2014, 07:34:48 pm by acko »
very good post sammy you said it how you see it nothing wrong in that

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 31, 2014, 07:51:26 pm by dickos1 »
Dickov has had months and months from when things went wrong in the summer,i am not a person who wants managers sacked after a poor result or two,but this guy has had a very fair chance,he hasn't took it.
Look at the players we have and at their best at least five would get in any side in this league,he has got good players that have gone backwards.

Even when the transfer window shut, he still had the loan window,free transfers,but no he didn't need to strengthen things,how come us unpaid 'Managers' noticed where we needed strengthening,and the manager who is with them near enough everyday didn't think we needed improving in those areas?
He has finally admitted he was wrong months down the line,the strength of a good manager is admitting at least to himself when he is wrong and being decisive in putting it right,signing Butler and Johnstone should have been done months ago.
He misses massive parts of the game harassing the fourth official when he should be watching the game,you will not change a decision it's a waste of time.

He needs a Holding midfielder and another striker to go with what he has signed,the team has been devoid of confidence for month's,with the players we have they should be confident they can do the job.
He states 4-4-2 is his favourite formation,why hasn't he used it week after week when it suits the players he has?,it's total rubbish we will be good after Christmas,he may get a run here and there,but it will fall back again.

Like Mourinho said about Wenger ''He has become an Expert in Failure'' unfortunately it sums up Dickov just as well.

How do you know Johnstone and butler were available months ago, he hasn't played 442 because he hasn't had the strikers available,  if we were winning nobody would be talking about the 4th official, wenger and fergie were/are the worst at it does that make them bad managers.
In my opinion we certainly don't need another holding midfielder

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 31, 2014, 08:29:57 pm by Dare to dream! »
Butler said in his interview there was no real interest from us in the summer, just rumours

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 31, 2014, 09:10:39 pm by IDM »
Butler said in his interview there was no real interest from us in the summer, just rumours

No "real" interest probably means he wasn't offered a deal because the club couldn't.  He wanted to come, and would have signed.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 31, 2014, 10:52:33 pm by bpoolrover »
While I agree with sign sj it's not going to happen or I will be very surprised,I think your valuation of 250k is on the low side. You also say he could sign loan players or free transfers but that costs money  and we don't no that he had any,yes the board said there was but how much is a different thing totally

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 01, 2014, 06:12:49 am by dickos1 »
Butler played for Walsall didn't he? And he may have been what we needed but you can't blame Dickov, he couldn't sign anyone because of the boardroom shenanigans, probably the same with ashdown. You can't blame Dickov and you can't blame the players for not wanting to wait.
De val and furman and even wellens can play holding midfielder.
Keegan in my opinion is as good as anyone in that role in the division though

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 01, 2014, 12:14:27 pm by acko »
when you say ashdown signed for a club with a smaller budget than ours is only congesture nobody as said what our budget is 250k for johnson is a joke 5year contract at man unt with wages to suit sorry i dont see rovers having a chance especially in league one

TinyPortal © 2005-2012