Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:36:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barnsley buy one get one free  (Read 5509 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Barnsley buy one get one free
« on November 28, 2014, 04:10:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Just got mine 23 quid for 2 ticket. In the current purple voucher book. Tickets on sale still Monday. Get down if you can

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Re: Barnsley buy one get one free
« Reply #1 on November 28, 2014, 06:10:31 pm by Albert Trousers »
Away end or home?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 28, 2014, 07:35:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Away end. But has to be bought from km

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 28, 2014, 08:19:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I expect this question means I needn't worry about it, but what's the purple voucher book?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 28, 2014, 10:08:49 pm by LincsRover »
Presumably my full price tickets for the Barnsley game which I bought for the original match are still valid, if not looking great value if it's 2 for 1???!!!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 28, 2014, 11:55:26 pm by hoolahoop »
Presumably my full price tickets for the Barnsley game which I bought for the original match are still valid, if not looking great value if it's 2 for 1???!!!

I think he's referring to the purple discount that you buy from dmbc etc. There is a cost involved but these are really good value for money.
At least I think that's what is being referred to ?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 29, 2014, 12:18:50 am by RobTheRover »
The Purple Voucher Book is full of money saving vouchers and costs £20

http://www.purplevouchers.co.uk/shop/checkout

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 29, 2014, 09:51:15 am by i_ateallthepies »
Wouldn't take long to get your money back on that guys.  Thanks.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2014, 11:46:29 am by IDM »
Especially if you got to Alton Towers with the BOGOF voucher!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 01, 2014, 02:27:45 pm by BobG »
|For God's sake don't mention Alton Towers to Alex! I'll never hear the end of it.

By the by, still looking like a real class cricketer. Mind you, he was in a net last night against a Zimbabwe spin bowler who bowled out Brian Lara. Alex did struggle a bit tbh. Lol!

Cheers

BobG

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 01, 2014, 02:28:59 pm by RJHeader »
|For God's sake don't mention Alton Towers to Alex! I'll never hear the end of it.

By the by, still looking like a real class cricketer. Mind you, he was in a net last night against a Zimbabwe spin bowler who bowled out Brian Lara. Alex did struggle a bit tbh. Lol!

Cheers

BobG

Thanks for the update!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 01, 2014, 02:32:59 pm by Filo »

Cheers

BobG

He needs to mast spin if he's ever going to play test cricket in those dust bowls on the sub continent, mind it hasn't held the current test players back has it, watch them collapse against Herath again in the ODI on Wednesday

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 01, 2014, 02:35:10 pm by BobG »
Cheers RJ.

Alex is an odd mixture. Being 13 he always knows better than everyone else of course. And he has consistently promised more than he's delivered. But he moved to a new school, a good one, last September and something has changed. His attitude is way, way better. A guy who played for England many years ago now told me this week that Alex 'looks a proper cricketer now'. He's hugely improved over last summer. If he can keep it up  (a big if though) this bloke reckons that he could open the batting for any county side in England. And Alex is a bloody bowler ffs!

Cheers :)

Bob

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 01, 2014, 02:38:55 pm by BobG »
You're dead right Flio.I was chatting with the Zimbabwe guy last night, and his brother too (Who was the Captain of Zimbabe Under 19's) and we all said that if he can learn to really play spin properly then the sky is the limit. It's on the list....

Mind you, you would not believe how much money it costs to foster talent. I suspect in any sport these days. It's not just the kit or the 10,000 miles a year I drive ferrying him about, it's the coaching and the training, the physio for all the aches and pains that come from spending 10 months a year at it. And that's what you have to do if you are to have even half a chance. There are plenty of really damn good players around. It's attitude that makes the difference. And that's why I think Alex won't make it. He doesn't push himself hard enough.

Bob
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:41:16 pm by BobG »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 01, 2014, 02:45:36 pm by Filo »
You're dead right Flio.I was chatting with the Zimbabwe guy last night, and his brother too (Who was the Captain of Zimbabe Under 19's) and we all said that if he can learn to really play spin properly then the sky is the limit. It's on the list....

Mind you, you would not believe how much money it costs to foster talent. I suspect in any sport these days. It's not just the kit or the 10,000 miles a year I drive ferrying him about, it's the coaching and the training, the physio for all the aches and pains that come from spending 10 months a year at it. And that's what you have to do if you are to have even half a chance. There are plenty of really damn good players around. It's attitude that makes the difference. And that's why I think Alex won't make it. He doesn't push himself hard enough.

Bob

If it's attitude Bob, that can be sorted, get talking to some pro's that have come through the hard way, get them to keep chipping away at him, tell him what he has the potential to do, all of the time, his teachers at school could help on that front too

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 01, 2014, 02:52:07 pm by BobG »
Oh yes mate. There's an old pro on the astaff at his school. Won 2 MoM awards I believe at Lords finals. he's a fantastically nice bloke and he does things with a cricket ball, even simply fielding, that defy belief. Alex and I have known him for about 3 years now. He likes Alex too which does help :) He told me that Alex is too keen to smack the ball (which he is) but that his on drive is, and I quote, "awesome". Bloody hell! This guy played for England U25's when he was 17. Rob Cunliffe. Great bloke. Played for Gloucs, Essex and Northants I believe. He's trying to get Alex in front of Ian Botham!! Alex's hero.

Bob

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 01, 2014, 02:56:16 pm by Filo »
That'll be this guy then will it?

http://www.cunliffecricketacademy.co.uk

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 01, 2014, 03:08:25 pm by BobG »
Yup. That's him. I'm not sure, but the lad with the exaggerated forward defensive shot with Rob on his knees at the side might even be Alex. He's a top, top coach for kids. I don't know how he does it - but they listen to him. He's been sprinkled with fairy dust I reckon. He's the cricket coach at Dean Close School, Cheltenham now. His Academy still exists but he's not very good at running a business tbh. He plays for a Bristol club (along with Ian Harvey!). When they get together they drink wayyyy too much! Try looking up Ryan Higgins. He's another fine man who is bloody good with kids. He's thought for 3 or 4 years that Alex has it in him. (Ryan, by the way, does know how to run a busness. He's going to end up a millionaire)

Bob
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:14:33 pm by BobG »

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 02, 2014, 01:00:09 pm by grayx »
Away end. But has to be bought from km

Just been to the ticket office. They are now refusing to accept the purple voucher for away tickets as Barnsley have rang them to say its only for HOME fans. They also said those who have been given a free ticket using the voucher will be refused entry by Barnsley tonight but fcuk knows how they would identify them. Apparently its been a "cock-up" by Donny's ticket office accepting them in the first place. Surprised??

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 02, 2014, 01:04:43 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Tickets already obtained by exchanging purple voucher tickets will be honoured and allowed entry.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 02, 2014, 01:17:51 pm by Donnyrovers »
Tickets already obtained by exchanging purple voucher tickets will be honoured and allowed entry.

Bit of a joke by the club accepting some and then turning away others if they have dropped a bollock they should make it same rule for everyone.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 02, 2014, 01:51:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
Did the voucher book have this exclusion in there? And why would a Donny-base voucher scheme produce a voucher to sit in the home end at Barnsley?  :blink:

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 02, 2014, 02:10:45 pm by nice one rovers »
f**king ridiculous!
I've just taken 2 hours off work, to go get buy one get one free plus two free children with one paying adult. I phoned up to check I could use it. Great offer. Get there and I've paid full price . f**king fuming.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 02, 2014, 02:21:12 pm by Donnyrovers »
Did the voucher book have this exclusion in there? And why would a Donny-base voucher scheme produce a voucher to sit in the home end at Barnsley?  :blink:

The voucher book had it in and said 2 paying adults for the price off one at Barnsley but it doesn't state it has to be home end only which is why Rovers fans have used it to purchase away tickets, it has offers for everything not just Donny based.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 02, 2014, 04:58:03 pm by rich1471 »
I used this voucher yesterday with no problem it just stated it had to be used for a Barnsley game no mention off home or away end very happy

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 02, 2014, 05:26:10 pm by Muttley »
Don't all ticket offers have to be available to both sets of supporters unless they are one of the limited number of home only promotions that a club can run?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 03, 2014, 11:14:08 am by bobjimwilly »
Don't all ticket offers have to be available to both sets of supporters unless they are one of the limited number of home only promotions that a club can run?

A very good point. Barnsley should have told the FL about this voucher if it was only intended to be available to home fans.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 03, 2014, 01:25:02 pm by grayx »
I used this voucher yesterday with no problem it just stated it had to be used for a Barnsley game no mention off home or away end very happy

What time did you get your ticket mate? The ticket office at Keepmoat refused mine at about 11.30am.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 03, 2014, 06:51:08 pm by rich1471 »
Hi got mine at 10.30 as I work at BT and started at 11 don't understand why they would would not take them as no where did it say you had to get it from Barnsley all it said was you had to attend a cat A game no mention of home or away end

TinyPortal © 2005-2012