Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:41:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Final warning?  (Read 9383 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Final warning?
« on December 17, 2014, 11:40:53 pm by Canadian Rover »
Does anyone think the board have told Dickov that a huge improvement in form and performances are required in the next few weeks or he'll be getting his P45?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: Final warning?
« Reply #1 on December 17, 2014, 11:41:48 pm by andysly »
I can't believe that some sort of ultimatum hasn't been given.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 18, 2014, 12:34:51 am by GazLaz »
Do you think he needs to board to tell him that the results aren't great? That just puts added pressure on. I said last month we should give him till January then assess the situation and I still think that.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 18, 2014, 12:38:59 am by acko »
due to the boards response i think they are quite happy with the situation,otherwise he would have gone some time ago

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 18, 2014, 12:46:57 am by GazLaz »
The man deserves a bit of time after the preseason we had.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 18, 2014, 06:09:32 am by DRFCSouth »
We need to assess the situation now. January is another month down the line. Another month gone where opinion remains the same.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 18, 2014, 07:28:46 am by Boomstick »
The man deserves a bit of time after the preseason we had.
Rubbish, its git nothing to do with performances now

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 18, 2014, 08:33:42 am by bpoolrover »
due to the boards response i think they are quite happy with the situation,otherwise he would have gone some time ago
what was there response?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 18, 2014, 12:17:50 pm by Wellred »
The silence is deafening

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 18, 2014, 12:22:59 pm by BobG »
It is not the job of ANY Board of Directors to publicly comment on the performance of either their employees or their company. In the case of a privately owned organisation, that is doubly the case. Their role is to oversee, to appoint and to remove and to set long term goals. How the company gets to those goals, is, within reason, in the hands of the Chief Exec. It is therefore he who will be under severe pressure at the moment.

BobG

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 18, 2014, 12:25:32 pm by Wellred »
It is not the job of ANY Board of Directors to publicly comment on the performance of either their employees or their company. In the case of a privately owned organisation, that is doubly the case. Their role is to oversee, to appoint and to remove and to set long term goals. How the company gets to those goals, is, within reason, in the hands of the Chief Exec. It is therefore he who will be under severe pressure at the moment.

BobG

Have we still got one?  :aok:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 18, 2014, 12:33:41 pm by silent majority »
Yes we have. I spent a long time chatting with him on Monday on a whole range of subjects and of course team performance was one of those. For people to suggest that they show no concern or don't care about our current level of performance is very wide of the mark.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 18, 2014, 12:41:29 pm by ian1980 »
You have to remember though SM that whilst your having all these 'chats' with various people within the club, that information/content isn't shared, your every day supporter can only see what's in front of them. At the minute, that is nothing.

I'm not one that believes every shred of information should be put in to the public domain but surely some can be put out.

Take to new chairman for example. How long has he been in post and how many times have we heard anything from him??

There is a balance between not putting too much out there and keeping the fans up to speed.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 18, 2014, 12:44:49 pm by Boomstick »
Yes we have. I spent a long time chatting with him on Monday on a whole range of subjects and of course team performance was one of those. For people to suggest that they show no concern or don't care about our current level of performance is very wide of the mark.

So how long has dickov got?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 18, 2014, 01:00:00 pm by DRNaith »

Martin,

While I appreciate what you mean, but "For people to suggest that they show no concern" isn't wide of the mark, it's actually correct, they show no concern.  The question of whether they should show concern is discussed elsewhere, but I don't think it is wrong to say that no concern is being shown, I haven't seen any.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 18, 2014, 01:02:02 pm by RobTheRover »
Take to new chairman for example. How long has he been in post and how many times have we heard anything from him??

There is a balance between not putting too much out there and keeping the fans up to speed.

I think most supporters will agree with you there, Ian, and it is something we have raised in discussions with the club.

Supporter's have told us we've gone from 10 years of having soundbites on demand to the complete opposite end of the spectrum, and we've passed on those comments to the club.  They are aware and will no doubt address it soon.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 18, 2014, 01:08:46 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Do you think he needs to board to tell him that the results aren't great? That just puts added pressure on. I said last month we should give him till January then assess the situation and I still think that.
January 1st or January 31st? I only ask cos you see the longer 'we' procrastinate, the further we sink & the more we end up 'panic buying' the next incumbent. Then there's the small matter of January's transfer window, are you really wanting to hand that possible window of opportunity to PD?

I know it's the season of goodwill & all that, but come on, as Roberto Duran once said, "No Mas".

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 18, 2014, 01:12:11 pm by Wellred »

You come on here quite a lot telling us of your cozy chats with the powers that be. Isn't it about time you started to elaborate a little more rather than just scattering crumbs.
I was under the impression that you represented the VSC? not Martin O'Hara when you have your "chats"

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 18, 2014, 01:26:52 pm by RTID75 »
Wellred, do you really think the club want, or will allow everything said in confidence to the supporters cooperative to be fed into the general fan base?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 18, 2014, 01:30:47 pm by Wellred »
Wellred, do you really think the club want, or will allow everything said in confidence to the supporters cooperative to be fed into the general fan base?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Everything?? Something would be a start!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 18, 2014, 02:11:42 pm by silent majority »

You come on here quite a lot telling us of your cozy chats with the powers that be. Isn't it about time you started to elaborate a little more rather than just scattering crumbs.
I was under the impression that you represented the VSC? not Martin O'Hara when you have your "chats"

How often is quite a lot? I challenge you to find recent posts where I've done exactly this. Or any posts!

How do you know who i was representing on Monday? are you suggesting that I should only talk to him as a VSC representative, or am I not allowed to talk to him as an individual like anybody else? And should I then publicly repost everything we discussed?

As it happens I was wearing my FSF hat on Monday, so do you think I should share that with you too??

You're so desperate to criticise that you've forgotten to engage brain and manners.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:19:04 pm by silent majority »

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 18, 2014, 02:16:19 pm by RJHeader »
The silence is becoming unberable from the board and its starting to piss a lot of fans off, me included.

SM whilst you might have been reassured by your pal on the board, nobody else has. And thats what stinks. The fans deserve a lot better than this.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 18, 2014, 02:17:52 pm by silent majority »
The silence is becoming unberable from the board and its starting to piss a lot of fans off, me included.

SM whilst you might have been reassured by your pal on the board, nobody else has. And thats what stinks. The fans deserve a lot better than this.

Where did I say I had been reassured?

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 18, 2014, 02:26:15 pm by RJHeader »

I apologise you never used that exact word, i'll rephrase if it helps you out matey

SM whilst you might have had a long chat by your pal on the board, nobody else has heard anything from him or the board. And thats what stinks. The fans deserve a lot better than this.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 18, 2014, 02:34:30 pm by silent majority »

I apologise you never used that exact word, i'll rephrase if it helps you out matey

SM whilst you might have had a long chat by your pal on the board, nobody else has heard anything from him or the board. And thats what stinks. The fans deserve a lot better than this.

It doesn't help me out matey, apart from quoting me more accurately.

But what exactly do you think the board should be telling you?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 18, 2014, 02:34:43 pm by Wellred »

How often is quite a lot? I challenge you to find recent posts where I've done exactly this. Or any posts!

How do you know who i was representing on Monday? are you suggesting that I should only talk to him as a VSC representative, or am I not allowed to talk to him as an individual like anybody else? And should I then publicly repost everything we discussed?

As it happens I was wearing my FSF hat on Monday, so do you think I should share that with you too??

You're so desperate to criticise that you've forgotten to engage brain and manners.

Desperate? No.
Just curious as to what the vsc and its representatives actually do to keep the supporters informed as to what is going on at our club.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 18, 2014, 02:39:34 pm by silent majority »
Curious? I doubt it.

Now my interpretation of your previous post was a personal slur aimed at me. Maybe you should apologise for that and then ask the question politely.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 18, 2014, 02:56:19 pm by RJHeader »
Like its been mentioned further up, we've gone from regular updates from the club for the last 10 years. Constant communication to this.

Do you think the fans are updated about the club enough? And by club i dont mean some vouchers for £10 off a Dons match. I mean the Rovers, the team i support, not 'Club Doncaster'

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 18, 2014, 03:15:55 pm by silent majority »
Like its been mentioned further up, we've gone from regular updates from the club for the last 10 years. Constant communication to this.

Do you think the fans are updated about the club enough? And by club i dont mean some vouchers for £10 off a Dons match. I mean the Rovers, the team i support, not 'Club Doncaster'

Don't doubt that. There's definitely been a major change in how the club communicate. That's not such a bad thing at times but if you want sound-bites from the Chairman I doubt very much you'll get it from this one.

If you remember the last time we were in a similar position JR was busy telling everybody that SOD's job was safe, and then sacked him 2 days later. I can't see the current board behaving so inappropriately.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 18, 2014, 03:23:16 pm by RJHeader »

Don't doubt that. There's definitely been a major change in how the club communicate. That's not such a bad thing at times but if you want sound-bites from the Chairman I doubt very much you'll get it from this one.

If you remember the last time we were in a similar position JR was busy telling everybody that SOD's job was safe, and then sacked him 2 days later. I can't see the current board behaving so inappropriately.

Any chance to have a go at JR is taken i see haha.

Ah just have to deal with it then. No communication from the current Chairman. Fans you just pay your money and watch the shite that has been served up and we'll stay behind the scenes and keep quiet.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012