Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:13:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wellens  (Read 6669 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Wellens
« on December 19, 2014, 08:23:39 am by watto-drfc »
He was on radio dee dah last night and he said he didn't know dickov was under pressure........really

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: Wellens
« Reply #1 on December 19, 2014, 08:46:29 am by DRNaith »
Do we know that he is under pressure?

A lot of people clearly feel he should be, but do we know that he is?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 19, 2014, 11:14:56 am by GazLaz »
He's only under pressure from some of the fans and himself I would expect.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 19, 2014, 11:28:07 am by Askern_reds »
If wellens says he didn't know Dickov was under pressure, that tells me allswell  with the playing staff and with the board , if otherwise the players wouldn't be comein out with statements like that.

bally1950

« Reply #4 on December 19, 2014, 11:35:32 am by bally1950 »
Has it been noted that most players, one by one are coming out in support of Dickov?? Now the are getting poor results at home but good away and the players think there is no pressure. A BIT LIKE THE UNTOUCHABLES.Now is it propaganda by the club and the players are told they have to go public in support of him. I do not know.

If I owned a company and certain people were not performing to my standards on a regular basis they would be gone. But then I am Old School... :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 19, 2014, 12:23:26 pm by Askern_reds »
Nothing wrong with old school you could be right, but they are achieving in some degree ,it's just our bloody home form

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 19, 2014, 12:59:48 pm by silent majority »
I doubt very much that the club would instruct any player to publicly support their manager. A manager asking the same question however.....

bally1950

« Reply #7 on December 19, 2014, 02:18:34 pm by bally1950 »
SM. I am not getting into a slagging match, it is merely my opinion. I left 606 because certain ones would not allow opinion . It seems strange though - why should players come into papers and back up the manager all of a sudden. I am not getting into the Dickov Out chants. I have my own views on what is happening down at the Keepmoat. We are only supporters but there have been times many since 1956. I have come out saying "Never Again" Still here though.

My Favorite players of all time. Alick Jeffrey and Paul Heffernan.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 19, 2014, 02:25:11 pm by silent majority »
Bally1950, I appreciate your opinion as it it does sound odd. However I stand by my comment above, how feasible would it be for a club to instruct its players to publicly make comments in favour of the manager? I just cannot believe that any club, and our club especially, would stoop so low.

But when you say the players are coming out one by one and saying these things about PD then who are these players? Are you sure that 'most' is more than just one?

bally1950

« Reply #9 on December 19, 2014, 02:33:08 pm by bally1950 »
keegan did. Copps did. Wellens has Tyson has, although he stated he was enjoying his football more (think that counts) Robinson has. I believe there are others. Alright I shall rephrase my statement. Why is the Free Press asking Players to put an editorial in the paper and why are certain players going on OS to back up his game plan, (certainly not working at home) I do hope that this is not going to drag on.

On that - you will all remember a group of us at Torquay Sea front in 1969. Well as well as the photograph taker. the lad on the far right with black hair and side burns TOM BEARDSLEY. Well sadly Tom died about 6 weeks ago at his home in America I am told, he would be 64 yrs

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 19, 2014, 02:50:55 pm by silent majority »
I'm not following this. All these players have come out recently and supported the position of the manager? Lets face it, they're hardly going to offer an official statement that says they think he's rubbish are they, but to suggest that it's a conspiracy organised by the club isn't feasible or logical.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 19, 2014, 02:52:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Could it be that players are diplomatic in general when asked to comment on their opinion of  the manager, just as they would be when commenting on fellow players and the board.

It's the sensible thing to do because if they give a negative response to questions they are rebuked by some of the public and accused of disloyalty.

Remember when Wellens gave his honest opinion of the youngsters at the start of the season?........Say no more!

bally1950

« Reply #12 on December 19, 2014, 05:55:00 pm by bally1950 »
Then SM

I have had my opinion Thank you
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 19, 2014, 05:58:45 pm by DonnyRTID »
Oh dear God!

bally1950

« Reply #14 on December 19, 2014, 06:00:00 pm by bally1950 »
Is there anything wrong with me attempting to finish a post I asked would not drag on please

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 20, 2014, 01:31:52 am by BobG »
Did you all spot Bally's aside above that Tom Beardsley, better known on here as Alonzo Drake had died about 6 weeks ago?

That is truly awful news. Tom was a founder member of the infamous 'BSTR' consortium. He was the 'T'. A better leg pull of that fool Horsecrap it would be almost impossible to concieve. Tom travelled life's highways and byways. Starting off in the Plant and ending up in a US university in Connecticutt. He never stopped supporting the Rovers. I haven't seen him in the flesh for a long time - it was at the old Forest Green Rovers place - but we have corresponded on and off for a decade and a half now.

This is chuffing awful news. Tom was a bright guy. He had a good mind and he knew how to use it. This forum needs more people like him. Not less.

BobG

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 20, 2014, 05:13:49 am by ctay »
RIP Alonzo Drake

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 20, 2014, 05:17:32 am by PDX_Rover »
Sad news about Tom. I hope a minute's silence can be sorted. Rest in peace.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 20, 2014, 08:20:17 am by The Red Baron »
Did you all spot Bally's aside above that Tom Beardsley, better known on here as Alonzo Drake had died about 6 weeks ago?

That is truly awful news. Tom was a founder member of the infamous 'BSTR' consortium. He was the 'T'. A better leg pull of that fool Horsecrap it would be almost impossible to concieve. Tom travelled life's highways and byways. Starting off in the Plant and ending up in a US university in Connecticutt. He never stopped supporting the Rovers. I haven't seen him in the flesh for a long time - it was at the old Forest Green Rovers place - but we have corresponded on and off for a decade and a half now.

This is chuffing awful news. Tom was a bright guy. He had a good mind and he knew how to use it. This forum needs more people like him. Not less.

BobG

Really sorry to hear about Tom. He was a great guy whose love for Rovers shone through. RIP Tom.

bally1950

« Reply #19 on December 20, 2014, 08:48:57 am by bally1950 »
Sorry I do not yet know how this all works (personal mails)

I mentioned Tom as I thought it was only right to.  We got chased many times at various away fixtures, so the mention. Bob G - I have replied to you I THINK but it is odd as you say.  I hope it is wrong but as stated in my mail is all I know - Hope this is wrong about him but please I am only the messenger.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 20, 2014, 08:51:32 am by idler »
RIP Alonzo. I can remember him as a young lad a couple of years younger than me. I knew some of his mates better than him but he always seemed a good lad. As Bob says it's a sad loss and puts into perspective some of the pointless exchanges on here.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 20, 2014, 11:41:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That news had really knocked me for six. The quality of this place has just dropped markedly with Alonzo's passing. RIP

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 20, 2014, 11:56:11 am by Filo »
Alonzo's account was last active at 3.03am this morning, his last post was on 24th October 2014

Martyn1968

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 20, 2014, 12:28:59 pm by Martyn1968 »
I'm pretty sure that Tom is alive and well as he currently and recently posts on  the 'Looking back at Doncaster' Facebook group page.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 20, 2014, 12:42:51 pm by Filo »
I'm pretty sure that Tom is alive and well as he currently and recently posts on  the 'Looking back at Doncaster' Facebook group page.

His last post on that group was 11th December, looking on his FB profile it appears that Toms wife passed away in late October, so the original info seems to be the result of crossed wires somewhere

bally1950

« Reply #25 on December 20, 2014, 12:51:37 pm by bally1950 »
 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

My most sincere apologies to Tom and his family. I do not wish to cause distress, it is bad enough. I too lost my wife to "C".  I can only apologise to everyone that my thread caused any distress to..I shall pass the news back from whence it came. My apologies once more

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 20, 2014, 01:03:53 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I doubt very much that the club would instruct any player to publicly support their manager. A manager asking the same question however.....

Am I reading this wrong or are you really suggesting the manager is instructing the players to publicly support him?

bally1950

« Reply #27 on December 20, 2014, 02:36:35 pm by bally1950 »
I withdraw the post totally. Just accept that it was sent by someone who has mental issues and is mislead
Thank you.

My apologies ref Tom also. I have spoken to the person who told me, he too is shocked as he took it on good faith otherwise he would not have said anything.

Tom when you do see this - my apologies from Mick Ball
 :suicide:

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 20, 2014, 03:04:35 pm by wesisback »
Mick Ball eh? You will be added to the madmick list now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 20, 2014, 03:21:47 pm by Filo »
On that - you will all remember a group of us at Torquay Sea front in 1969. Well as well as the photograph taker. the lad on the far right with black hair and side burns TOM BEARDSLEY. Well sadly Tom died about 6 weeks ago at his home in America I am told, he would be 64 yrs

So sad to hear that, Bally.  I'd been emailing Tom last year as he was struggling to watch some Rovers games on UK TV.  He was a lovely chap.  RIP Tom.  For those who didn't know Tom, he posted on here as Alonzo Drake.

You've not read the whole thread then Rob?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012