Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:28:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DRFC Pet clothing  (Read 3702 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
DRFC Pet clothing
« on January 30, 2015, 08:48:58 pm by les@donr »
I was wondering if the club is going to dip its toes commercially in the growing pet clothing market. I have a senior cat who would love to wear a DRFC sweater made for cats, and maybe there could be a line of DRFC cat and dog toys as well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: DRFC Pet clothing
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2015, 08:51:42 pm by The Red Baron »
A cat sweater?! Has he gone bald or something? In my experience cats hate wearing anything other than their own fur! There might be a market for cat collars in red and white, I suppose.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2015, 08:54:56 pm by River Don »
I could be in the market for a DRFC dog coat. Not that dogs need coats but mine is an old lad and I think he appreciates it in this sort of weather.

Edit: He's already wearing a red coat with a fleece lining and his name on the back but not a number.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:05:10 pm by River Don »

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2015, 08:55:46 pm by les@donr »
TRB, I live in Canada, and the temp here can hit the minus 20's, my cat would need a sweater or fleece if he is going to go out, and shoes to protect his paws from getting frozen.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2015, 08:58:58 pm by graingrover »
Donny Dog has  a great outfit.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2015, 08:59:46 pm by Draytonian III »
I would definitely buy a dog coat with DRFC on it , I don't own a dog but my girlfriend does and she has two sons, one is a Spurs fan , the other one Chelsea .

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2015, 09:15:18 pm by The Red Baron »
TRB, I live in Canada, and the temp here can hit the minus 20's, my cat would need a sweater or fleece if he is going to go out, and shoes to protect his paws from getting frozen.

Surely he just stays indoors when it is that cold. My friend's cats dislike snow and just avoid it by staying in and demanding a litter tray!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 30, 2015, 09:19:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have a thread about club branded pet clothing.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 30, 2015, 09:28:04 pm by The Red Baron »

Les. I'm not sure if I'm having my leg pulled here! Any chance of a picture of your cat in his current winter attire?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 30, 2015, 09:30:39 pm by River Don »
Then again he might not appreciate it. He'd probably be thinking 'who the f*** are Donny Rovers? I support this lot.

www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 30, 2015, 09:33:05 pm by Filo »

Les. I'm not sure if I'm having my leg pulled here! Any chance of a picture of your cat in his current winter attire?

Is this him?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 30, 2015, 10:46:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Donny Dog has  a great outfit.

Donny Dog used to be quite decent without the outfit  :whistle:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 31, 2015, 03:43:53 pm by les@donr »

TRB, My cat doesn't have any Winter clothing, I tried a small dog sweater (in red) on him, but it was too tight. I think that there is a big market of pet attire and DRFC needs to be in it and should be exploiting it. I would buy a DRFC cat outfit if one was available. Suggestion, replica style shirts for your discerning DRFC supporting cat or dog.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:50:50 pm by les@donr »

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 31, 2015, 04:04:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
I second that. My Roborovski dwarf hamsters would love a Rovers coat, as would my goldfish...

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 31, 2015, 04:11:02 pm by les@donr »
Perhaps we should suggest to Tracey in  the Club Shop to have a section for DRFC supporting pets.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 31, 2015, 05:38:16 pm by The Red Baron »

TRB, My cat doesn't have any Winter clothing, I tried a small dog sweater (in red) on him, but it was too tight. I think that there is a big market of pet attire and DRFC needs to be in it and should be exploiting it. I would buy a DRFC cat outfit if one was available. Suggestion, replica style shirts for your discerning DRFC supporting cat or dog.

There is a market for dog coats, but I doubt there is much in the UK for cat ones. I think they sell dog leads in the shop but I haven't been in for a while.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 31, 2015, 07:41:42 pm by les@donr »
I'm sure manufacturers could create clothing that fit both small dogs and medium size cats. I would buy Rovers pet clothing for my cat.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 31, 2015, 09:46:22 pm by Filo »
This thread reminds me of Watford Anne and her thimbles :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 31, 2015, 10:05:19 pm by RobTheRover »
I bought one of Anne's thimbles.  She was a lovely woman.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 31, 2015, 10:59:29 pm by afro goal machine »
I'm sure manufacturers could create clothing that fit both small dogs and medium size cats. I would buy Rovers pet clothing for my cat.

Or maybe shirts that fit both very large dogs and very small children ?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 02, 2015, 03:27:08 pm by bobjimwilly »

Or maybe shirts that fit both very large dogs and very small children ?

now that's thinking outside the box!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012