Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:12:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where is the 'just got back' post?  (Read 3356 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Where is the 'just got back' post?
« on March 04, 2015, 08:18:53 am by Donnyjim »
They are always a very good inciteful appraisal of the game.

I would have said that a point would have been very good before kick off, but we clearly deserved more? Was this the case from those that were there?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Where is the 'just got back' post?
« Reply #1 on March 04, 2015, 08:34:03 am by the vicar »
iv just got back           well i had at 11.30

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 04, 2015, 08:45:39 am by besty »
I was too cheesed off to write one last night, still am!

We played very well but really couldnt see us scoring for all our possession.
Score twice and total elation to be then kicked in the knackers with last kick of the game, feels like a defeat :(

PNE were shite last night and were there for the taking, pitch was terrible bobbling all over the place.

Some great performances, Razak was pretty ineffective though and rightly replaced.

Oh Joe Garner is a cheating, dirty get as well.

When I get over it I guess a good point all in all  :scarf:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 04, 2015, 09:15:40 am by Donnywolf »
They are always a very good inciteful appraisal of the game.

I would have said that a point would have been very good before kick off, but we clearly deserved more? Was this the case from those that were there?

Beat me to it .... I was posting the same thing as I know I can see the goals , read twitter and the very good 250 word Report but need to know what it was REALLY like

So come on Pessimists / Optimists - the Stats don't lie / they make you cry - Main is S***te / no he's alright - lovely pies / terrible fries - miss Belle Vue / NO can do !

Lets be having it - please - something MUST have happened !

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 04, 2015, 09:23:56 am by donnievic »
What's been said as good as we were at times on a poor pitch we never really looked like scoring at all (very few chances)then like buses to come at once for them to snatch a undeserved draw,Razak looked decent at times but gave too many easy balls away

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 04, 2015, 09:45:48 am by podrover73 »
we controlled the game for the first ten minutes they scored with their first shot after thirteen minutes which was wide of Bywater but went in off the post.

Rovers then had the majority of the possession  moving it around with very little end product though.
Razak under hit many of his passes resulting in much of Prestons possession up until the end of the half.

Second half started with the same sort of possession but nothing happening.

Dickov then took off Razak for Coppinger.

Later replacing Furman with Forrester.

Very soon after this Keegan took a bad tackle and had to be replaced as he was unable to continue, this was rather worrying as it appeared to be a poor injury with Keegan going straight down the tunnel for treatment, he must be a doubt for Saturday.

Ichpeazu replaced Keegan.

With the introduction of Forrester we started to make runs into the box and after a move along the edge of the penalty area the ball broke to Forrester who shot and left Johnstone stranded and wrong footed in the Preston goal.

Three minutes later and a cross was put in the Preston box and Main and a Preston defender went for the ball and the ball was directed by Main into the Preston goal.

Inevitably five minutes of extra time was awarded by the referee and Preston pressed for an equaliser after a couple of corners the time was running down and with what turned out to be almost the last kick of the ball Beckford shot and the ball slid past Bywater.

Rovers restarted the game and the referee called a halt to the game.   

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 04, 2015, 09:49:29 am by the vicar »
I was too cheesed off to write one last night, still am!

We played very well but really couldnt see us scoring for all our possession.
Score twice and total elation to be then kicked in the knackers with last kick of the game, feels like a defeat :(

PNE were shite last night and were there for the taking, pitch was terrible bobbling all over the place.

Some great performances, Razak was pretty ineffective though and rightly replaced.

Oh Joe Garner is a cheating, dirty get as well.

When I get over it I guess a good point all in all  :scarf:
what i want to no is why we sit back on a 2 -1 lead

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 04, 2015, 09:51:40 am by dickos1 »
We didn't..

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 04, 2015, 09:52:12 am by bpoolrover »
I didn't think we perticilarly sat back it was more them throwing everyone forward

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 04, 2015, 09:54:16 am by the vicar »
i don't we always do it they could not get the ball unless we gave it to them

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 04, 2015, 09:55:09 am by dickos1 »
Exactly, when a side is looking for auto promotion and they're losing at home with only injury time remaining then of course they're going to throw everything at it.
We just couldn't hold out but we had no option other than to defend for our lives

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 04, 2015, 09:56:37 am by dickos1 »
Were not going to keep the ball for 11 minutes are we

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 04, 2015, 10:28:35 am by Jenny »
I thought that a draw was probably a fair reflection of the game. Until Copps and Forrester came on we offered very little.... I took a neutral and he was shocked at how poor Uche was when he came on.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 04, 2015, 10:40:46 am by Donnybax »
Thought we were good last night. We more than matched and were probably better than a team that are 2nd in the league. They scored from the only 2 shots on target they had.
First half there was nothing in the game- one bit of quality from Daniel Johnson got them the goal. Coppinger and forrester coming on were crucial for us because Wellens needed their movement.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 04, 2015, 11:19:03 am by dickos1 »
I thought that a draw was probably a fair reflection of the game. Until Copps and Forrester came on we offered very little.... I took a neutral and he was shocked at how poor Uche was when he came on.
We offered little but they offered even less, depends what your expecting with uche, I though he did well when he came on and definitely freed up more space for our other attacking players

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 04, 2015, 11:34:03 am by graingrover »
  Frequent negative posting contrasts with your obvious willingness to support the team Jenny . Because  Main was no longer S$$$ you point out you know a neutral who thinks another player  was!!!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 04, 2015, 11:44:50 am by Jenny »
It is called being realistic Brian - I am willing to support the team and the number of miles I've clocked up and money I have spent shows that. Whilst the players are on the pitch they always have my backing, I am not one of these who shouts abuse and boos at games but when prompted for an opinion on an internet forum I am not going to say that players are wonderful and amazing when they clearly aren't.

As I said, first half we offered little and I thought we could have played all day and not scored. We were retaining the ball but looked lost and didn't know what to do with it - the pattern was to just pump it up to Main and Tyson and for them to lose the ball. They are better with it at their feet rather than endless long balls.

The second half we were better but again it seemed to take an age for us to have any real attempt on goal. Copps and Forrester were the difference, they gave us natural width and a more direct attacking threat.

Keegan going off was a big blow because we lost that extra bite in midfield and in my mind (and those around me) gained a bit of a passenger in Uche upfront.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 04, 2015, 12:16:18 pm by dickos1 »
We scored 2 goals with him on the pitch, therefore he was far from a passenger. He worries defenders enabling more space for others, even if he isn't doing much with the ball

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 04, 2015, 01:05:09 pm by bpoolrover »
To be fair to jenny her friend was pretty much right

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 04, 2015, 02:55:54 pm by graingrover »
From the PNE site
"Does anyone think Donny merited any praise. I for one thought it was the first time for ages that we have been "bullied" and they showed great determination, in fact they earned the right to play more than us.

These performances happen now and again but I dont think it was down to us being bad as it was they got tactics spot on.

I don't know who they have got left to play, but I hope its everyone at the top. They would certainly take points. Well played Donny.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 04, 2015, 02:58:45 pm by graingrover »
Thaks bpoolrover I was beginning to fear the best .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012