Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:08:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Theo to Scunthorpe on loan  (Read 15739 times)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Re: Theo to.............
« Reply #60 on March 27, 2015, 01:35:06 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I can't think why he's low in confidence based on all the nice things that are said about him  :whistle:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 27, 2015, 01:38:59 pm by RJHeader »
He was decent last year goals against Wigan and Blackburn, and then we signed sharp, Robinson not been same since.

I didn't see the games but I thought he did a reasonable job as a lone striker when Tyson was injured and Main had no form or confidence. Thinking of Swindon away in particular. He also had the balls to take and score a pen.

Oh come on. Hes a striker whos job is to score goals. He should be commended on 'having the balls to take and score a pen'  :suicide:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 27, 2015, 01:40:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
The abuse this lad gets is disgusting. He's a nice lad that try's his best. He's had a poor season but we shouldn't abuse him.

Utterly agree.  It's amazing how we treat one of our own.  Smacks of Lewis guy all over again.  People always seem to need a scapegoat..I dispare

True. But then Guy was a cheating Kitson with a heart like a pea.

Robinson's record and his first 4 months wit us show that he's a decent player and an honest hard-worker with a perfectly respectable scoring record.

He's been totally out of form for months which is a mystery, and the last couple of times I've seen him I've felt sorry for the lad because he looks to have lost it to the point that it's embarrassing for him. But none of that excuses the vitriol from some of the bell ends on here. I really don't understand what they get out of it, other than transferring their own inadequacies onto someone else.

He is still one of our players and should not be getting the unwarranted abuse he has been getting. One thing about Theo is that he is always willing and puts in a shift.

BST you are right that he has been dramatically out of form in recent months. You were claiming before Christmas I recall that he would end up with double figures this season. As I said at the time, he was never in a month of Sunday's going to get double figures. His confidence is absolutely shot and has been for long time. Until he sorts that then his career is heading downwards. Hope the spell in a fresh environment can help him build back up his confidence.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 27, 2015, 01:41:14 pm by GazLaz »
The abuse this lad gets is disgusting. He's a nice lad that try's his best. He's had a poor season but we shouldn't abuse him.

Utterly agree.  It's amazing how we treat one of our own.  Smacks of Lewis guy all over again.  People always seem to need a scapegoat..I dispare

Robinson's record and his first 4 months wit us show that he's a decent player and an honest hard-worker with a perfectly respectable scoring record.

He's been totally out of form for months which is a mystery, and the last couple of times I've seen him I've felt sorry for the lad because he looks to have lost it to the point that it's embarrassing for him. But none of that excuses the vitriol from some of the bell ends on here. I really don't understand what they get out of it, other than transferring their own inadequacies onto someone else.

I just struggle to sympathise with a guy who works 3 or 4 hours a day, takes home somewhere around 5 or 6 times more pay than me (probably more), and is crap at his job.

That's how I tend to justify my criticisms of him, no matter how nice he might be...

Criticising someone because you are jelous shows plenty of class doesn't it!

casperjebba

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 27, 2015, 02:17:31 pm by casperjebba »

I just struggle to sympathise with a guy who works 3 or 4 hours a day, takes home somewhere around 5 or 6 times more pay than me (probably more), and is crap at his job.

That's how I tend to justify my criticisms of him, no matter how nice he might be...

Criticising someone because you are jelous shows plenty of class doesn't it!

I never said I was jealous.

But I'm not going to refrain from criticising someone who is incredibly well off from a career they've been lucky (as I see it, given his ability) to land. There are people far better in their jobs under far more pressure getting paid far worse.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 27, 2015, 02:47:09 pm by Retdon1 »
Why do people keep saying theo always puts a shift in, no he doesn't, main and tyson always put a shift In, theo doesn't even get close

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 27, 2015, 02:51:50 pm by The Red Baron »
He was decent last year goals against Wigan and Blackburn, and then we signed sharp, Robinson not been same since.

I didn't see the games but I thought he did a reasonable job as a lone striker when Tyson was injured and Main had no form or confidence. Thinking of Swindon away in particular. He also had the balls to take and score a pen.

Oh come on. Hes a striker whos job is to score goals. He should be commended on 'having the balls to take and score a pen'  :suicide:

I should have added after he made a complete Horlicks of the one at Fulham.

I'll be honest, I thought he was a good signing for us last season and I also found him to be a decent bloke. I don't think he's done nearly enough this season to be worth another contract though.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 28, 2015, 01:51:49 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If he does find his form taking it for granted Scunny have some of our rivals to face,i don't know who they have left it could be a very good 'Tactical Loan'.
It might not be the end with us it could be let him go to a fresh place and get his confidence back, on being personal about players who knows he could be having family problems or anything, players are human beings.

As far as i am aware he has never caused a problem when not picked for the team, nothings ever come out so i take it he has been a good professional.
I still stand by it, i think he is a useful player to have, i hope he scores a few and comes back full of confidence.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 28, 2015, 09:08:40 am by roversdude »
Why do people keep saying theo always puts a shift in, no he doesn't, main and tyson always put a shift In, theo doesn't even get close

Very hard to do sat on bench

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 28, 2015, 09:12:24 am by Retdon1 »

But even when he does come on he dosent exactly bust a gut to close down or make runs in behind, he's terrible and thankfully not in out squad now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 28, 2015, 09:25:38 am by Filo »

But even when he does come on he dosent exactly bust a gut to close down or make runs in behind, he's terrible and thankfully not in out squad now.

You must be watching the wrong Theo, one thing you can't accuse Theo of is not busting a gut, his effort can't be put into question. His ball control is another thing

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 28, 2015, 09:52:44 am by Retdon1 »

You must be watching the wrong Theo, one thing you can't accuse Theo of is not busting a gut, his effort can't be put into question. His ball control is another thing

Theo just plods about looking like he's in the wrong job, dingles away I'll admit he ran his socks off that's the only game I've seen him do it in

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 28, 2015, 12:33:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Chris Black

I said that given his scoring rate before Xmas, if we played 2 strikers and if Robinson, Main and Tyson shared the starts between them, I expected all 3 to get double figures.

If you're going to quote what I said, please get it right and don't put words into my mouth.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 28, 2015, 02:09:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
Chris Black

I said that given his scoring rate before Xmas, if we played 2 strikers and if Robinson, Main and Tyson shared the starts between them, I expected all 3 to get double figures.

If you're going to quote what I said, please get it right and don't put words into my mouth.

The weakness is that you were predicting a haul this season (10-11 goals) by extrapolating from his career average and his likely appearances.

As I said when you raised this, it is facile to try and apply his career average to this season (even when his career average has been largely built on playing at a higher level) as his confidence has now completely gone, shot, disappeared, kaput.

The result being that he has appeared only intermittently as his performances have not proved worthy of appearing.

He will not, as I said at the time, score double figures this season for us.

I hope he can rebuild his confidence at Scunny.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 28, 2015, 02:36:58 pm by Donnybax »
Theo starts today. He usually starts well at his new clubs because he is very motivated. Remember Blackburn at home and Wigan away for us? Anytime or 1st scorer today might be a decent bet

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 28, 2015, 02:50:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CB

Go back and read what I wrote.

I pointed out that ALL of our strikers from August to December were scoring at around their long term career averages. I said that in response to innumerable comments about all our strikers being shit and none of them being goalscorers.

Now, Robinson has been in dreadful form since then. He's been in the worst goal drought if his career. And he's been in and out if the team. If you predicted that all those things would happen, then well done. You're better than me. It doesn't in any way change the point that I was making back in December. 

If you go and check what I wrote instead of relying on what you want to believe I wrote, you'll save you and me a lot of pointless arguing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:16:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 28, 2015, 03:03:25 pm by Donnybax »
Well I called it

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 28, 2015, 03:03:35 pm by DN8ROVER »
Just scored!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 28, 2015, 03:03:41 pm by Dare to dream! »
Robinson 2nd min

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 28, 2015, 03:04:05 pm by mushRTID »
 :lol:

bally1950

« Reply #80 on March 28, 2015, 03:05:03 pm by bally1950 »
Donny not been playing to his strengths????????????
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 28, 2015, 03:24:38 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
easter egg on face ????

if he scores the winner over peterborough on good friday ?????

will all you doubters please clean your face up pdq

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 03, 2015, 05:23:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
easter egg on face ????

if he scores the winner over peterborough on good friday ?????

theo can't you read the script -- you were supposed to score the winner (the first goal not the second)

you need to try harder  ;) ;) ;)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Theo to Scunthorpe on loan
« Reply #83 on April 03, 2015, 06:01:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What that he's got this season? 6 goals in 15 league starts?

Hands up all those who STILL think he wouldn't score 10 in a L1 season while ever he's got a hole in his arse?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Theo to Scunthorpe on loan
« Reply #84 on April 03, 2015, 06:15:02 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Paul Dickov should be congratulated here. He spotted Theo's ability to knock out Peterboro and next up Bradford. Fighting on all fronts is the way forward, total football the Donny way  :scarf: :boxing: :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012