Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:54:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cock a snook  (Read 7033 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Cock a snook
« on April 25, 2015, 09:57:01 pm by ravenrover »
Today, in my opinion, PD outdid himself. In response to supporters calls to blood the youngsters he hung Jack Mackay out to dry. At the most he should have been on the bench and brought on for the last 30mins but no our astute manager played him from the start and brought him off after hardly having a touch to be replaced by the blonde superstar that is Curtis Main, is that with or without an E? it doesn't relate to Effort when he came on!
This manager is now taking the p""s out of the supporters, how the team and himself had the nerve to come across to the fans after THAT performance was beyond me.
That was probably the most abject performance by any team representing DRFC I have ever seen, never mind about BBC stats we had 1 shot on target and that was the penalty in the 94th minute, we were absolutely hopeless today.
Can someone tell me what the formation was today because I haven't got a clue and it seemed neither did the players Was it a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-1-1-2-2? or something completely different.
Lund was marking 2 all through the 1st half but did the tactical genius do anything about it? No.
Where was the right side of our midfield non existent 1st half.
I have renewed my season ticket but really hope that PD is not in charge next season he hasn't got a clue. hand in pocket drinking a tea/coffee when he should have been demanding changes from his team and giving tactical advice to his team instead of complaining to the 4th official.
Even Dickos can't defend that performance today, surely?
Right that's it I'm off to bed!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

del boy

• Forum Member
Re: Cock a snook
« Reply #1 on April 25, 2015, 10:04:20 pm by del boy »
Dont be so sure Dickos can defend anything.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:06:33 pm by del boy »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 25, 2015, 10:16:03 pm by The Red Baron »
We could be bottom of the League and 20 points from safety and Dickos would still be claiming it wasn't Dickov's fault.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 25, 2015, 10:27:33 pm by bpoolrover »
While I agree about mackay,if he had brought him on as sub half the people would have called him useless for not starting him

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 25, 2015, 10:29:13 pm by Spud »
Another thread I'm confused as to the point of. Raven ' s pissed off & off to bed. What does cock a snook mean? New one on me.
Night pal.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2015, 10:32:00 pm by grayx »
While I agree about mackay,if he had brought him on as sub half the people would have called him useless for not starting him

Thats b******s as usual.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2015, 10:36:39 pm by bpoolrover »
Is it lol,is that cos you say so?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2015, 10:38:59 pm by grayx »
Is it lol,is that cos you say so?
Yep. lol

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2015, 10:39:02 pm by since-1969 »
I concur with the sentiment but until the dust has settled on those who under achieved by some opinions  (Forester - Maine ) and revitalised by others opinions  ( Bennet -Tyson) I doubt those paying the wages will be able to see for themselves if next season is to be build on the same quick sand . PD was a sensible choice given his rights hand  man Horton was there to guid . It was less frustrating than last season when as it turned out A solitary point would have kept us up , where over dozen points kept us away from trying to dare attempting to return to place where we are just not big enough or able to sustain without bankrupting the club . I hate this part of the season as it means we are just in plain denial of our circumstances and just want blame anything other than simple truth , that it takes more to achieve a result than just having 1 goal more then them .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:42:04 pm by since-1969 »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2015, 11:59:43 pm by dickos1 »
We could be bottom of the League and 20 points from safety and Dickos would still be claiming it wasn't Dickov's fault.

We could be top of the league , 20 points clear and people will still be wanting Dickov sacked.
Same fans that wanted Saunders gone, same fans that don't really have a clue

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2015, 08:39:43 am by del boy »

We could be top of the league , 20 points clear and people will still be wanting Dickov sacked.

Top of the League and 20 points clear under Dickov, someone's had a heavy night on the Beer

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2015, 08:52:57 am by coventryrover »

Or its you who hasnt a clue?  Me thinks its the latter.  You havent given one good reason why he should be in charge of player recruitment and team selection nxt season.  BAck up your arguement

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2015, 08:57:24 am by dickos1 »
Not really
We were top of league under Saunders but he should've been sacked cause the football was boring

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2015, 08:59:38 am by coventryrover »
Well thats a good arguement for Dickov.   You havent got one.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2015, 09:00:40 am by dickos1 »

Or its you who hasnt a clue?  Me thinks its the latter.  You havent given one good reason why he should be in charge of player recruitment and team selection nxt season.  BAck up your arguement

Think what you want mate, I've said all along if we failed to reach the playoffs then he would have no qualms about losing his job.
The problem I have is we've had 3 managers in recent years and each one after only a few months in charge have started getting stick.
And it's the same people who wanted sod out who then wanted Saunders out who now want Dickov out.
So unless we're fighting for a champions league place under our new manager then god help him

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 26, 2015, 09:08:17 am by Cramby10 »
Ha ha ha. You really are laughable! Answer the mans question.
And no it's not the same people who wanted saunders out.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 26, 2015, 09:38:05 am by dickos1 »
He hasn't asked me a question spadge.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 26, 2015, 09:45:11 am by coventryrover »
He hasn't asked me a question spadge.
I am not one for wanting managers to lose their jobs; has an adverse effect on their lives and families.  I was willing to give him a chance in an easier league after last years capitulations and abject displays.  He has gone backwards this year and do not think he should have control over the summer.

I keep asking you; what evidence do you have to say that he should stay?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 26, 2015, 09:54:30 am by dickos1 »
I've just said I've no problem with him losing his job now were not going to finish in the playoffs. My problem is how many of our supporters want instant success. We've been spoilt yes.
But were no different to Walsall, scunny, port vale, Stockport, Rotherham, tranmere.
All flirted with the championship over recent years.
Were obviously re building now but supporters haven't got the patience for that, as has been identified once more this week with the "not good enough youngsters@

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 26, 2015, 09:56:54 am by coventryrover »
I am sorry, I disagree.

The majority who think he should go no further, like me, have given him plenty of time.  The majoriity of Rovers fans are pretty good at looking long termand giving a bloke a chance.

SHould he stay based on his record at Oldham and then with DRFC?  UNfortunately not

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 26, 2015, 10:01:56 am by IDM »
I disagree that this was the most abject performance.  Notts had something to fight for.  You could tell Tyson and Copps were up for it, Furman getting stuck in, etc.

However just like last saturday we had no spark to our game.  Is that the manager's fault or end of season mid table obscurity syndrome?

As for PD - I don't really care.  Not calling for his head but I wouldn't be surprised if the board did make a change. 

As for playing the youth lads, damned if you do, damned of you don't.  I thought McKay did OK with a few good touches and awareness of the game.  Didn't have a great effect but will be a massive learning curve.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 26, 2015, 12:36:09 pm by acko »
McKay was given a chance from the start given our league position good idea,can you imagine if he came on as sub and scored people would be saying should have started.not going to condemn his performance,but jones as stated he doesn't consider any of the young team are ready for first team

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 26, 2015, 12:43:51 pm by Bessie Red »
Today, in my opinion, PD outdid himself. In response to supporters calls to blood the youngsters he hung Jack Mackay out to dry. At the most he should have been on the bench and brought on for the last 30mins but no our astute manager played him from the start and brought him off after hardly having a touch to be replaced by the blonde superstar that is Curtis Main, is that with or without an E? it doesn't relate to Effort when he came on!
This manager is now taking the p""s out of the supporters, how the team and himself had the nerve to come across to the fans after THAT performance was beyond me.
That was probably the most abject performance by any team representing DRFC I have ever seen, never mind about BBC stats we had 1 shot on target and that was the penalty in the 94th minute, we were absolutely hopeless today.
Can someone tell me what the formation was today because I haven't got a clue and it seemed neither did the players Was it a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-1-1-2-2? or something completely different.
Lund was marking 2 all through the 1st half but did the tactical genius do anything about it? No.
I have renewed my season ticket but really hope that PD is not in charge next season he hasn't got a clue. hand in pocket drinking a tea/coffee when he should have been demanding changes from his team and giving tactical advice to his team instead of complaining to the 4th official.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 26, 2015, 12:45:51 pm by Bessie Red »

I take it you didn't go towards the end of the Richardson era if you think that was the most abject performance you have ever seen from a Rovers team!!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 26, 2015, 02:03:50 pm by ravenrover »
I can remember a lousy rainy night at Mansfield when the team of kids looked as though it had been picked up from street corners on the way to the match but at least they put a bit of effort in unlike yesterday

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 26, 2015, 02:15:45 pm by sheffield exile1 »

I take it you didn't go towards the end of the Richardson era if you think that was the most abject performance you have ever seen from a Rovers team!!
To be fair yesterday we were not being taken out of the league by a lunatic who served time, so the comparison is a bit silly, it is all really about passion and desire which is different to skill as yes, we don't have the budget to attract the cream. I saw nothing of that yesterday and at 90% of home games this season. As I said in an earlier post its frankly depressing watching Rovers at the minute....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 26, 2015, 02:18:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
McKay was given a chance from the start given our league position good idea,can you imagine if he came on as sub and scored people would be saying should have started.not going to condemn his performance,but jones as stated he doesn't consider any of the young team are ready for first team

That's probably when we've actually got something to play for. Right now is fine to blood them in.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 26, 2015, 02:25:19 pm by acko »
not saying the young ones shouldn't have played complete opposite our seasons over the point I was making was the fact that jones doesn't feel the young guns are good enough for one reason or another,but by all means play them now the seasons all but over

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 26, 2015, 03:51:08 pm by Bessie Red »

To be fair yesterday we were not being taken out of the league by a lunatic who served time, so the comparison is a bit silly, it is all really about passion and desire which is different to skill as yes, we don't have the budget to attract the cream. I saw nothing of that yesterday and at 90% of home games this season. As I said in an earlier post its frankly depressing watching Rovers at the minute....

I think to use a comment  like ravenrover did is sillier!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 27, 2015, 12:49:33 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We have gained something from not making it, Lund is definitely first team material if he keeps working hard, Middleton could be with a little time, Mandeville has the potential needs to strengthen a bit over the summer.
Jack McKay has had a taste of the first team did okay needs more time, his brother the same, Marosi unfortunately i don't think is good enough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012