Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:23:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How many teams ...........  (Read 9280 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
How many teams ...........
« on April 26, 2015, 12:06:14 am by Draytonian III »
..............out of the 92 in the top 4 divisions have had a successful season ,I say about 1 in 6 . So I  think some of the experts who post on here should think about that before they post on here , Tranmere ,anyone 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:10:00 am by Draytonian III »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: How many teams ...........
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2015, 12:13:21 am by dickos1 »
Exactly, a lot of our supporters, are blinded by our recent success. There's clubs bigger than us in a terrible mess. A midtable finish in league 1 is far from a disaster

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2015, 09:36:38 am by ravenrover »
No not blinded by our recent successes but hopeful that we might have seen some entertaining football at HOME!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 26, 2015, 09:40:41 am by dickos1 »
We've had one season out of the last 4 where our home form has been decent and that was last year. So if that's the only problem then you need to look further than just the manager

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 26, 2015, 09:41:30 am by GazLaz »
I think this is our first average season in years. I don't class getting relegated from The Championship a bad season either by the way.

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2015, 09:49:21 am by Underwood »
I think this is our first average season in years. I don't class getting relegated from The Championship a bad season either by the way.

Even though, with 7 games to play we were in a position where it was harder to go down than stay up?

Some of you would back Dickov if we'd gone down again this season. I hope you have more ambition in your personal lives.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2015, 10:01:42 am by GazLaz »
If you had stopped the last two seasons with 10 games to go would your opinion of PD be different??

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2015, 10:05:56 am by IDM »

This.

And to others on the thread, that is not a reflection of my views on Dickov, just a healthy dose of realism.

92 clubs in the league, the majority by default must "fail" each season if they are relegated or fail to reach at least the play offs.  Our turn for mediocrity?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2015, 10:09:49 am by GazLaz »
The money put in by the owners this season will be the least in a long time, the results reflect this. That's football, money talks.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2015, 10:21:21 am by IDM »
I disagree.

How much were QPR paying players in the prem before their last relegation?

Money doesn't guarantee success on the pitch, which brings us back to the manager and the players themselves.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2015, 10:27:57 am by GazLaz »
It doesn't guarantee anything but the three teams with the biggest budgets in L1 have finished 1st 2nd & 5th.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2015, 10:30:14 am by coventryrover »
It doesn't guarantee anything but the three teams with the biggest budgets in L1 have finished 1st 2nd & 5th.

They do get the crowds in as well.  What right have we to complain if the board shares the ambitions of the majority of the doncastrian public?

We have to work on a budget and to be successful in doing so requires a manager who knows what he is doing.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2015, 10:48:52 am by DonnyOsmond »
Like I've said in another thread you could have the lowest budget in the league and still play entertaining football. So why when we're nowhere near bottom budgetwise have we seen shite for 80% of the season? You're coming up with excuses for poor results, there isn't any for poor performances and lack of effort. That's the big reason attendances are getting smaller and smaller.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2015, 10:53:10 am by dickos1 »
Not sure how you can say lack of effort, but if you are, how is that the managers fault?
Also you Can't have one of the best away records in the division and be shite for 80% of the games.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2015, 11:04:23 am by GazLaz »
Fans have been crying out for PD to play the kids (who are probably not good enough) he does, we play shit and he gets slated. PD can't win.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 26, 2015, 11:05:11 am by DonnyOsmond »
Not sure how you can say lack of effort, but if you are, how is that the managers fault?
Also you Can't have one of the best away records in the division and be shite for 80% of the games.

OK, 90% of home games and 40% of away games, which is still the majority of our season. We can disagree with them percentages all day but it'll still be the majority of games we've performed shite in at the end of the day. Again though, you've not come up with any excuses, you've just been a tad pedantic with some percentage I picked out of thin air.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 26, 2015, 11:07:21 am by DonnyOsmond »
Fans have been crying out for PD to play the kids (who are probably not good enough) he does, we play shit and he gets slated. PD can't win.

I'm not talking about the last couple of games... We've played two teams with something to play for while we're mid table, nothing to play for and playing a weaker team, we were obviously going to lose. I'm talking about the other 40 odd games in the season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 26, 2015, 11:18:39 am by dickos1 »
Up until this week we'd only lost 5 away games, so we ain't been rubbish for 40% of the away games.
We've been poor at home, but we have been for 5 years

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 26, 2015, 11:22:40 am by DonnyOsmond »
So you must be happy with what you've seen this season then.  :rtid: :thumbsup:  :scarf:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 26, 2015, 11:32:20 am by dickos1 »
Away from home I am. At home we've been shite

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 26, 2015, 11:49:43 am by The Red Baron »

My mate was at the game. He said Lund was one of the few bright spots. Marosi couldn't really be faulted on the two goals. McKay hardly got a kick but Main was no improvement when he came on.

I don't see how you can blame the result on playing youngsters. In any case, there were plenty of senior players out there.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 26, 2015, 04:42:25 pm by grayx »

My mate was at the game. He said Lund was one of the few bright spots. Marosi couldn't really be faulted on the two goals. McKay hardly got a kick but Main was no improvement when he came on.

I don't see how you can blame the result on playing youngsters. In any case, there were plenty of senior players out there.

I was there and wouldn't blame the youngsters. OK,  they did look a bit out of their depth but at least they put the effort in... i'd say they were let down by the more experienced ones around them (apart from Furman )

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 26, 2015, 04:47:28 pm by RedArmy »
If you had stopped the last two seasons with 10 games to go would your opinion of PD be different??

Of course it would. The football would still be dire but least he delivered something. But we have to play them 10 games and both seasons it's somewhere DICKOV has failed.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 26, 2015, 05:29:43 pm by IDM »
Or indeed where the players have failed.  Is it no coincidence that last season Wellens was out for the final batch of games, and this season it has been Keegan?  We have lost  a big part of our spine towards the end of both seasons..

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 26, 2015, 05:41:41 pm by Underwood »

That is a completely pointless argument as the season is 46 games long, not 36.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 26, 2015, 06:13:02 pm by dickos1 »
Dickov got us into the great position with only 7 games to go. Yes we then fluffed our lines big time but to get us into that position with 7 games to go was a great achievement. Nobody thought we were goin down after that Leeds game

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 26, 2015, 06:54:26 pm by Cramby10 »
Or indeed where the players have failed.  Is it no coincidence that last season Wellens was out for the final batch of games, and this season it has been Keegan?  We have lost  a big part of our spine towards the end of both seasons..
but the f**king imbecile Dickov still played wellens on one leg. Not once, but twice!!!!!!! Which cost us big time.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 26, 2015, 07:31:23 pm by IDM »
but the f**king imbecile Dickov still played wellens on one leg. Not once, but twice!!!!!!! Which cost us big time.

Wellens came back too early, true enough, but wasn't that his own choice?  Either way, we lost a key player each season at the business end...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 26, 2015, 07:38:29 pm by dickos1 »

I can only remember the Bolton game, what was the other?

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 26, 2015, 07:39:11 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
No not blinded by our recent successes but hopeful that we might have seen some entertaining football at HOME!

Sod the entertaining football. All I want to talk about at the end of the game are the 3 points that we won!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012