Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:12:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sod  (Read 15404 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Sod
« on June 29, 2015, 10:43:27 pm by dickos1 »
New Liverpool assistant manager

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyguy61

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Sod
« Reply #2 on June 29, 2015, 11:05:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
Legend. To think, if Rodgers gets sacked. SOD could be Liverpool manager.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 29, 2015, 11:06:50 pm by Retdon1 »
Great appointment by them, should be a good team to watch next season

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 29, 2015, 11:13:24 pm by mrfrostsdad »
We'll dome SOD!!
He's come a long way. We played so,e great football under him

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 30, 2015, 06:13:33 am by GazLaz »
He has absolutely zero chance of becoming Liverpool manager. He's not a manager he's a coach. He couldn't be a No1 at the top level.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 30, 2015, 07:39:01 am by graingrover »
Good luck to Shaun .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 30, 2015, 07:50:34 am by steve@dcfd »
Very good coach, good luck to him at Liverpool.

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 30, 2015, 08:09:14 am by Derby Viking »
Short term job as Rodgers will be sacked before Christmas

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 30, 2015, 08:14:43 am by donny dave »
Take a look at the Liverpool forum they are not pleased.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 30, 2015, 08:27:35 am by Lincoln Rover »
Lots of Donny fans weren't happy when Sir Sean was appointed. They didn't think that a few years later. Delighted for the man.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 30, 2015, 08:31:20 am by drfchound »
Credit to the man.
Good luck to him.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 30, 2015, 08:38:47 am by DonnyNoel »
In terms of taking a player and making him technically better I doubt there are few better based on testimonies of plenty of ex-players. For a club with plenty of young players he's a good appointment.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 30, 2015, 08:46:45 am by coventryrover »
Well done Sean.  Give the bloke a chance

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 30, 2015, 08:49:35 am by idler »
I hope that he does well. I'm sure that their young players will appreciate what he brings to the training ground and club as a whole.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 30, 2015, 09:21:28 am by wing commander »
  I cant believe he has done this I really cant!!! He had the chance to develop England U19's into playing the game in the modern way for the future,it was a great job for him...Now he's left to be Liverpool assistant manager to a man whose hanging onto his job by a whispy straw...SOD will be unemployed By Christmas mark my words!!!!!!!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 30, 2015, 09:35:48 am by steve@dcfd »
Seth Bennett tweeted this

@Sethb45: I forgot how good SO'D's #DRFC were.  The opening move is brilliant. @Coppinger26 https://t.co/xDlpR6z6db

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 30, 2015, 09:43:01 am by DonnyNoel »
Seth Bennett tweeted this

@Sethb45: I forgot how good SO'D's #DRFC were.  The opening move is brilliant. @Coppinger26 https://t.co/xDlpR6z6db

Some of those faces....Jeez what a team we had.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 30, 2015, 09:46:59 am by ferribyrover »
Lucky Liverpool! Good luck Sean

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 30, 2015, 09:49:20 am by Copps is Magic »
He has absolutely zero chance of becoming Liverpool manager. He's not a manager he's a coach. He couldn't be a No1 at the top level.

He's 2nd in line to the throne. Assistant Manager. It's irrelevant what you or I think of his managing abilities*, the plain fact is that if Rodgers gets sacked due to pressure from the the scouse public he could be interim manager. Look at the examples in the prem last season.

*I happen to think you've underestimated them considerably.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 30, 2015, 10:18:45 am by PopStander »
Best manager we've ever had!!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 30, 2015, 10:21:00 am by wing commander »
   I don't see your point Copps....If Rodgers is sacked (and without a fast start he will be) SOD might take them over for a game or two..Liverpool wont take a chance on a manager whose been sacked so many times and has such a low profile..He wouldn't attract the calibre of players they go after...So in comes a new man from the top European leagues and brings in his own staff and he will be gone....And will find himself scrabbling round the lower leagues again....For me he has left a job perfect for his many talents and is about to take one that for is odds on to last no more than 6 months....

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 30, 2015, 10:27:45 am by Copps is Magic »
John Carver, Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey, Gary Monk....

You are most probably right WC. All I'm saying is that there is at least a precedent for English managers to come from behind the scenes and take the top job. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm just saying it's possible.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 30, 2015, 10:38:54 am by wing commander »
  Your quoting guys with a history at a club and teams who are lower reaches of premiership mainly in relegation battles (Swansea aside)...Liverpool are one of the big fish,it's a totally different equation...They just wouldn't take a chance on him even if he won his 3 games in charge...The fans wouldn't accept it and like I said the top players wouldn't fancy joining them either...I love SOD,he was fantastic for us but he is a coach,not a manager.. Would I trust him with a 100 million war chest.....Not in a million years

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 30, 2015, 10:39:21 am by Rios »
   I don't see your point Copps....If Rodgers is sacked (and without a fast start he will be) SOD might take them over for a game or two..Liverpool wont take a chance on a manager whose been sacked so many times and has such a low profile..He wouldn't attract the calibre of players they go after...So in comes a new man from the top European leagues and brings in his own staff and he will be gone....And will find himself scrabbling round the lower leagues again....For me he has left a job perfect for his many talents and is about to take one that for is odds on to last no more than 6 months....

If/when Rodgers gets sacked Sod will no doubt get a hefty pay off and his name back in the public conscience from being at such a large club.  International management isn't the same as the day to day of club management either, some coaches just prefer that day to day involvment that he wouldn't get in the England post.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 30, 2015, 10:47:09 am by wing commander »
  again I bet he doesn't get a big pay off...The Liverpool executives will already probably be putting a few feelers out about possible replacements for Rodgers that's how these things work...So they are not going to be offering him big payments on long contracts..It will have clauses in it that make the pay off minimal...I accept your point about his raised profile,but that only works if Rodgers turns them around...If he goes early..it wont enhance his reputation much...Like it or not or even agree with it or not,the reality is he hasn't managed to hold a job down for 5 minutes since he left us,wherever he's gone...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 30, 2015, 10:53:57 am by The Red Baron »
Maybe the under -19 role isn't that appealing to him. They only played 7 games last season and didn't qualify for the final tournament. He probably misses the day to day involvement. I also think he'll get paid substantially more at Liverpool than he was at the FA.

The under -17 coach, John Peacock, has just left to take up a coaching job at Derby.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 30, 2015, 10:59:38 am by Dare to dream! »
Wow, what a move for SOD! Hope he has a successful spell at Liverpool!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 30, 2015, 12:43:35 pm by Jonathan »
Why are people wasting time arguing over the utter irrelevance of whether or not he may, at some point in the future, have to step in as a caretaker manager for a game or two?

He did a great job for us, comes across as a completely decent man and there is no rational reason why anyone with any connection to our club wouldn't wish him anything but the very best in this move. They're a huge club, it's a great job working for a progressive manager. Pleased for him and hope it works out well for all parties.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 30, 2015, 12:54:58 pm by Copps is Magic »
Am I going crazy here or is it just the heat? SOD has just been appointed assistant manager of Liverpool FC. One of the most famous clubs in the entire world. Hundreds and hundreds of AMs progress to become managers at some time or another. How would SOD potentially becoming manager of Liverpool FC not be relevant to what we're discussing?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012