Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:26:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jon Stead - Projects and philosophy  (Read 10685 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Jon Stead - Projects and philosophy
« on July 03, 2015, 07:37:16 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I've asked it before, but I'll ask it again: why do footballers, full time or semi-pro., spout so much guff when they're moving from club to club? When Kyle Bennett moved to Portsmouth he was quoted as saying: "This club are looking to go somewhere and I want to be a part of that......" Now we have Jon Stead, on his move from Bradford City to Notts County, http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/jon-stead-reveals-unexpected-influence-in-his-move-to-notts-county-2523185.aspx, coming out with gems such as:

".......the club is showing great commitment to get on the right track and I wanted to be part of it."

"Guy told me about the project and the club moving forward, first of all getting back into League 1 and kicking on from there."

“And speaking to the manager and hearing his philosophy, I’m interested to see, and the manager made it clear I was wanted here.”

How does 'the project' at County differ from the one at Bradford City. "Err, they want to get promotion." And the philosophy? "What's that mean?"

Come on, Mr Stead, credit us football fans with a smidgeon of intelligence. You're probably going to the Magpies for another payday. What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing, so why not say so?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:40:46 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: John Stead - Projects and philosophy
« Reply #1 on July 03, 2015, 07:43:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Football and philosophy.

I'm picturing a French bloke in a hooped polo neck, wearing a beret and dragging on a Gauloise.

"Two footballers stand on zee pitch, back to back, staring at zee goals. Zey see NUSSING!"

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Re: Jon Stead - Projects and philosophy
« Reply #2 on July 03, 2015, 07:48:43 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Football and philosophy.

I'm picturing a French bloke in a hooped polo neck, wearing a beret and dragging on a Gauloise.

"Two footballers stand on zee pitch, back to back, staring at zee goals. Zey see NUSSING!"

Brilliant!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 03, 2015, 07:57:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What's brilliant about it? I was just talking about our strikers for the past 24 months.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 03, 2015, 08:00:32 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
What's brilliant about it? I was just talking about our strikers for the past 24 months.

Oops! Slight mis-interpretation, methinks!  :blush:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 03, 2015, 08:07:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

You were away with the seagulls there for a moment ;)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 03, 2015, 08:12:02 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

You were away with the seagulls there for a moment ;)

No need to rub it in BRR!  :)

Looks as though the subject of this thread has been thoroughly cocked up.......I'm going for a lie down!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 03, 2015, 09:14:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I rarely have original ideas. I knew there was a root to this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz-U1zYTBmM

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 03, 2015, 10:16:42 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I rarely have original ideas. I knew there was a root to this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz-U1zYTBmM

This is too intelligent for me......................I'm off!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 03, 2015, 10:42:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
A man finds himself intellectually bullied in a forum.

He is a wise man.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2015, 11:57:06 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Why not now and again say, they offered the better wages, so i signed, football and philosophy don't mix.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 04, 2015, 12:07:22 am by southwestexile »
Why not now and again say, they offered the better wages, so i signed, football and philosophy don't mix.

I beg to differ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nI1v7mwwA

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 04, 2015, 12:17:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I beg to differ

Socrates as the key player going forward.  How perceptive.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 04, 2015, 01:10:40 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Eric Cantona's Seagulls following trawlers. :ohmy:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 04, 2015, 01:29:24 am by Copps is Magic »
Wenger is the great football philosopher of our era. If an Arsenal player makes a bad challenge he seemingly has sudden doubts about the existence of anything. If the tackle's made against an Arsenal player, however, his inner determinism comes out.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 04, 2015, 08:26:21 am by drfchound »
To be fair, the Stead comments are not vastly different to the Gary Mackenzie interview.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 04, 2015, 11:49:31 am by Wiltshire Exile »

I beg to differ

Hilarious!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 04, 2015, 12:14:09 pm by The Red Baron »

I beg to differ

Socrates as the key player going forward.  How perceptive.

An uncanny foretelling of Euro 2004!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 04, 2015, 01:17:12 pm by BobG »
You know, I have never, ever, seen that sketch before. I didn't know it exists. So thank you SW Exile. Clever, funny and, for me, new . Can't ask for better.

BobG

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 06, 2015, 12:53:49 am by Colemans Left Hook »
I've asked it before, but I'll ask it again: why do footballers, full time or semi-pro., spout so much guff when they're moving from club to club? When Kyle Bennett moved to Portsmouth he was quoted as saying: "This club are looking to go somewhere and I want to be a part of that......" Now we have Jon Stead, on his move from Bradford City to Notts County, http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/jon-stead-reveals-unexpected-influence-in-his-move-to-notts-county-2523185.aspx, coming out with gems such as:

".......the club is showing great commitment to get on the right track and I wanted to be part of it."

"Guy told me about the project and the club moving forward, first of all getting back into League 1 and kicking on from there."

“And speaking to the manager and hearing his philosophy, I’m interested to see, and the manager made it clear I was wanted here.”

How does 'the project' at County differ from the one at Bradford City. "Err, they want to get promotion." And the philosophy? "What's that mean?"

Come on, Mr Stead, credit us football fans with a smidgeon of intelligence. You're probably going to the Magpies for another payday. What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing, so why not say so?

sorry to say you might be eating humble pie over this post --  my crystal ball says pompie are past the post as champions -- but this lot who have CONTINUALLY used quality loan players (grealish last season) to avoid the relagation trap door - despite reducing the budget are my PRESENT tip to finish second  this dutch manager has already signed some ageing dutch international (or similar) anothe dutch player and when i saw this signing the alarm bells definitely rang

then to top it all they then signed a legendary Togolese International (3 caps from some dutch team) 

here he is "Mawouna Amevor"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33378186

ironicly he can play in England presumably without a work permit and "bongo " can't

let's see who else they sign

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 06, 2015, 01:09:49 am by Colemans Left Hook »
just seen this

from a fellow poster on here

FRANK DEMOUGE
33 Striker
6ft 3 in
Ex NEC, FC Eindhoven, Den Bosch,, Ultrecht, Bournemouth and Roda
334 career appearances 96 goals
Has made in total 242 appearances in the Eredivisie, scoring 66 goals.

Free to sign been released, Currently on trial with Notts county.*

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 06, 2015, 04:03:46 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
monday

notts have signed another dutch player
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33407907

Notts County have signed winger Genaro Snijders on a two-year contract from Dutch second-tier side FC Oss.
The 25-year-old, who can play on both flanks as well as up front, has played for several teams in his homeland, including Vitesse and Willem II

as portsmouth also sign michael doyle on a one year contract.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 06, 2015, 08:40:08 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

sorry to say you might be eating humble pie over this post --  my crystal ball says pompie are past the post as champions -- but this lot who have CONTINUALLY used quality loan players (grealish last season) to avoid the relagation trap door - despite reducing the budget are my PRESENT tip to finish second  this dutch manager has already signed some ageing dutch international (or similar) anothe dutch player and when i saw this signing the alarm bells definitely rang

then to top it all they then signed a legendary Togolese International (3 caps from some dutch team) 

here he is "Mawouna Amevor"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33378186

ironicly he can play in England presumably without a work permit and "bongo " can't

let's see who else they sign

Don't see why I should be eating humble pie at the end of the season, CLH. I'm not criticising Stead's skills or his new club, but the utter garbage Stead, and  many other of his fellow professionals, seem they must spout whenever they change club.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:05:35 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 06, 2015, 10:30:28 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
nottts county manager is a dutchman not a "frog"     

seems they signed 3 players today not the one --  looks like wiltshire has upset them so they now really are going for it.

"Notts County have signed Dutch winger Genaro Snijders, ex-Newcastle striker Adam Campbell and former Crystal Palace attacking midfielder Kyle De Silva.
All three of the new signings have agreed two-year contracts with Ricardo Moniz's League Two side.
Snijders, 25, has signed on a free transfer following his release by Dutch second-tier side FC Oss.
Da Silva, 21, made 10 appearances for Palace, while Campbell, 20, featured in five games for Newcastle."   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33407907

will check my mrs beatons cook book to see if she was the recipe for "humble pie"   by the way the contents are disgusting

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 07, 2015, 10:28:40 am by Colin C No.3 »
A wise man once told me, horsepower was a wonderful thing when it was confined to horses. (Tommy Cooper).

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 07, 2015, 10:42:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
A man walked into a bar. Ouch! It was The Drum in Denaby and someone chinned him.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 07, 2015, 11:55:22 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The value unfortunately is in buying foreign players, since the FFP the price of English players has got worse, because each squad has to have so many home based players, obviously i mean in the top league.
Jimmy knows that technically and mentally foreign players on the whole are better than ours, we are closing the gap a tiny bit, but rewarding players before they actually achieve anything, takes away the hunger to get the best from each players own strengths.

A Crow flew low over Askern and a young kid pulled it out of the air, sprinkled salt and pepper over it and ate it.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 08, 2015, 09:55:41 am by Colemans Left Hook »
county only added a mere one player yesterday and you've guessed anothe durch one  fact is it is a project --IT MAY OR NOT WORK --  JUST like when rovers signed all those ageing "mercenarie" has beens --  the pres  haven't picked up on this project yet

here he is "Notts County have signed former Netherlands Under-21 international winger Julian Jenner.
The 31-year-old has signed a one-year contract with the League Two side and is the fourth new signing in two days."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33430737

he's a bit deluded at the type of football they played at the end of last season --

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 08, 2015, 12:29:09 pm by RobTheRover »

I beg to differ

So, let me get this straight.  The Greeks take on the Germans, make an incredibly bold move at the 11th hour and prevail?  Hmmm, anyone got the number for William Hills?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 08, 2015, 03:37:13 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
guess what county have only signed another play not dutch this time  it's only 3.30 plenty of time for another 2 signings !!

" Notts County have signed their fifth player in three days, bringing in Slovenian attacking midfielder Filip Valencic on a one-year deal.

The 23-year-old, who can also play on either wing, joins on a free deal from Italian side Monza, where he scored one goal in six appearances last season.

Valencic has won three international caps at Under-19 level.

Notts signed forwards Genaro Snijders, Adam Campbell and Kyle De Silva on Monday and Julian Jenner on Tuesday. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33447569

TinyPortal © 2005-2012