Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:32:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Labour Leadership Race  (Read 10134 times)

IC1967

• Forum Member
Labour Leadership Race
« on July 25, 2015, 06:44:24 pm by IC1967 »
Just paid my £3 and voted for Jeremy. I really hope he wins.

The reason I want him to win may not be obvious at first glance. I suspect most of you think I want him to win because he'd make Labour unelectable for a generation. No, that's not why.

I think Labour have already achieved that objective without any help from Jeremy. No the reason I want him to win is because he's the only genuine conviction politician amongst the lot of them. He is prepared to give a straight answer to a straight question. All the other candidates answer (if you can call it that) with what they think you want to hear.

I do think that there are a lot of left leaning members of the public and they should have a voice. Labour should be that voice. They should not be a pale imitation of the Tory party.

This would also have the benefit of us not having to worry again about lefties getting their hands on power.

IC1967

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
Re: Labour Leadership Race
« Reply #1 on July 25, 2015, 07:46:31 pm by Hounslowrover »
I thought you could only vote on or after 14 August at earliest when the ballot is sent out.  Vote early and vote often then!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 25, 2015, 08:47:33 pm by Donnywolf »

No the reason I want him to win is because he's the only genuine conviction politician amongst the lot of them. He is prepared to give a straight answer to a straight question. All the other candidates answer (if you can call it that) with what they think you want to hear.

IC1967

Is he the only Politician that does this ? I cant think of many others of ANY colour that cut through the crap like he does

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 25, 2015, 08:58:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I thought you could only vote on or after 14 August at earliest when the ballot is sent out.  Vote early and vote often then!

Mick talking b*llocks again? Surely not!

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 25, 2015, 09:12:06 pm by Hounslowrover »
Looks like it

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 25, 2015, 10:30:00 pm by IC1967 »

Mick talking b*llocks again? Surely not!

I was speaking metaphorically.

IC1967

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 25, 2015, 10:33:47 pm by IC1967 »

No the reason I want him to win is because he's the only genuine conviction politician amongst the lot of them. He is prepared to give a straight answer to a straight question. All the other candidates answer (if you can call it that) with what they think you want to hear.

IC1967

Is he the only Politician that does this ? I cant think of many others of ANY colour that cut through the crap like he does

He's not the only one. The other one is Nige Farage. 

You'd think the other politicians could work out that the general public like politicians that give straight answers. It's not rocket science.

IC1967

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 25, 2015, 11:52:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Just paid my £3 and voted for Jeremy.

That is categorical, not metaphorical.

You've been back less than a day and already been caught out in a lie. Well done.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 26, 2015, 09:40:07 am by The Red Baron »
I don't think Ed Miliband was ever going to be a winner, but it says a lot about the state of the leadership election that he looks head and shoulders above the other candidates.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 26, 2015, 09:47:39 am by Donnywolf »
Correct ... we will never know but if Ed had lost to his Brother things could have been different now

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 26, 2015, 01:18:36 pm by IC1967 »
It shows what a poor state of affairs Labour is in at the moment. The favourite Andy Burnham performed pathetically in the 2010 leadership race. He only just performed better than Dianne Abbott. He was knocked out very early on in the contest and was miles behind both Milliband brothers.

So now he is favourite to replace Ed Milliband when he couldn't hold a candle to him 5 years ago. You couldn't make it up.

Anyway he is not going to win. Jeremy is going to. Get down to the bookies and bet everything you've got on it. You can still get 3/1. I know. Its an unbelievably good price. It will be just like printing money.

Get in.

IC1967

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 26, 2015, 01:48:53 pm by vaya »
It shows what a poor state of affairs Labour is in at the moment. The favourite Andy Burnham performed pathetically in the 2010 leadership race. He only just performed better than Dianne Abbott. He was knocked out very early on in the contest and was miles behind both Milliband brothers.

So now he is favourite to replace Ed Milliband when he couldn't hold a candle to him 5 years ago. You couldn't make it up.

Anyway he is not going to win. Jeremy is going to. Get down to the bookies and bet everything you've got on it. You can still get 3/1. I know. Its an unbelievably good price. It will be just like printing money.

Get in.

IC1967

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 26, 2015, 02:18:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Until he loses after people's second preferences are counted after Liz Kendall gets stuffed in the first round. I can't see many of the people who support a Blairite like Kendall having Corbyn as their second choice. Or many of Cooper's or Burnham's supporters doing so either for that matter.

Have you already lumped any dosh on Jeremy yet Mick, or is that just 'metaphorical' too?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 26, 2015, 03:01:37 pm by IC1967 »

Until he loses after people's second preferences are counted after Liz Kendall gets stuffed in the first round. I can't see many of the people who support a Blairite like Kendall having Corbyn as their second choice. Or many of Cooper's or Burnham's supporters doing so either for that matter.

Have you already lumped any dosh on Jeremy yet Mick, or is that just 'metaphorical' too?

Modesty prevents me from saying how much I've had on. Lets just say he was bigger than 10/1 when I lumped on.

IC1967

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 26, 2015, 03:19:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So it's an even bigger potential profit you'll lose then? Sweet.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 26, 2015, 05:53:45 pm by IC1967 »
Oh dear. Things are getting worse for Labour by the day. Another useless politician exposed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33667676

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 26, 2015, 06:44:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Oh dear. Things are getting worse for Labour by the day. Another useless politician exposed.

Oh dear, things are getting worse for Mick by the day. Lord Sewel isn't a Labour politician.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 26, 2015, 06:45:16 pm by The Red Baron »

Second preferences are never an exact science, though. Kendall and Cooper will probably drop out first and second, but that doesn't mean their votes will automatically go to Burnham. Anyway, the opinion poll last week showed Corbyn winning on first and also second preferences.

I think the contest is such a low-quality one because a lot of the bigger beasts have concluded that Labour can't win in 2020. Thing is, if they elect Corbyn then the party risks turning itself into the kind of basket case it was in 1983.

PS. I think it would be good for Labour to have a female leader, but both Kendall and Cooper appear to have had a sense of humour bypass. Pity they don't seem to have a Mo Mowlam type of character.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:02:58 pm by The Red Baron »

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 26, 2015, 07:09:28 pm by IC1967 »

Oh dear, things are getting worse for Mick by the day. Lord Sewel isn't a Labour politician.

Lord Sewel served as a minister in the Scotland office under Tony Blair's Labour government.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/labour-peer-lord-sewel-filmed-snorting-cocaine-two-prostitutes-1512608

Game, set and match.

Now get an abject apology sorted and we'll say no more about it.

IC1967
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:39:20 pm by IC1967 »

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 26, 2015, 07:12:58 pm by IC1967 »

Second preferences are never an exact science, though. Kendall and Cooper will probably drop out first and second, but that doesn't mean their votes will automatically go to Burnham. Anyway, the opinion poll last week showed Corbyn winning on first and also second preferences.

I think the contest is such a low-quality one because a lot of the bigger beasts have concluded that Labour can't win in 2020. Thing is, if they elect Corbyn then the party risks turning itself into the kind of basket case it was in 1983.

PS. I think it would be good for Labour to have a female leader, but both Kendall and Cooper appear to have had a sense of humour bypass. Pity they don't seem to have a Mo Mowlam type of character.

The momentum is with Jeremy. The young are flocking to him. Russel Brand is supporting him. Charlotte Church is as well. The hard left are getting behind him. The Tories are voting for him. The unions are behind him. I could go on.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will win. He is an unstoppable force. I'm surprised he isn't heavy odds on.

IC1967

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 26, 2015, 07:48:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Lord Sewel served as a minister in the Scotland office under Tony Blair's Labour government.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/labour-peer-lord-sewel-filmed-snorting-cocaine-two-prostitutes-1512608

Game, set and match.

IC1967

He's an Independent and has been since 2012.

Game, set and match.

I'll take your abject apology as read.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 26, 2015, 09:30:38 pm by BobG »
Poor old Mick must be locked in the past Glyn. We've known for years  that he has no iabsolutely dea of the present! Poor old sod. Can't anyone, anyone, help him?

BobG

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 27, 2015, 10:00:35 am by IC1967 »

Game, set and match.

IC1967

Game, set and match.

Read the following profile and then come on here and tell us he was not a Labour politician through and through. We could all do with a good laugh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11764223/Profile-Lord-Sewel-and-the-Sewel-Motion.html

IC1967

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 27, 2015, 10:55:58 am by The Red Baron »

The momentum is with Jeremy. The young are flocking to him. Russel Brand is supporting him. Charlotte Church is as well. The hard left are getting behind him. The Tories are voting for him. The unions are behind him. I could go on.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will win. He is an unstoppable force. I'm surprised he isn't heavy odds on.

IC1967

I'd have thought that support from Russell Brand and Charlotte Church would be the kiss of death!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 27, 2015, 11:18:13 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Game, set and match.

IC1967

Game, set and match.

Read the following profile and then come on here and tell us he was not a Labour politician through and through. We could all do with a good laugh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11764223/Profile-Lord-Sewel-and-the-Sewel-Motion.html

IC1967

I've highlighted the relevant word in your desperate attempt to escape looking pathetic.

Hope that helps.

Good to see that you agree with me that he isn't a Labour politician now though. I knew you'd see sense in the end.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 27, 2015, 12:16:10 pm by IC1967 »

Game, set and match.

IC1967

Game, set and match.

IC1967

I've highlighted the relevant word in your desperate attempt to escape looking pathetic.

Hope that helps.

Good to see that you agree with me that he isn't a Labour politician now though. I knew you'd see sense in the end.

Hahaha! You are providing us all with a right good laugh. You do know that he's just been suspended by the Labour Party don't you?

Hahahahahaha!

IC1967

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 27, 2015, 03:01:07 pm by LincsRover »

IC1967

I'd have thought that support from Russell Brand and Charlotte Church would be the kiss of death!

It f*ck*ng well should be. It takes me to the edge of despair when the opinions of these over hyped, brainless turds influences anyone - FFS, this Facebook-obsessed-celebrity-worship by the Jeremy Kyle generation totally f*cks me off!

Now put that f*ck*ng strait-jacket back on me nurse!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

:headbang:

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 28, 2015, 11:13:15 pm by IC1967 »
Jeremy now 20 points ahead!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-opens-up-massive-6154187

He's now 2/1 from 3/1 in the space of a couple of days. I backed him at 100/1. I'm hoping some of you took the advice and backed him at 3/1. He's going to win easily.

Get in.

IC1967

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 29, 2015, 08:25:58 am by LincsRover »

He's now 2/1 from 3/1 in the space of a couple of days. I backed him at 100/1. I'm hoping some of you took the advice and backed him at 3/1. He's going to win easily.

Get in.

IC1967

Of course you backed him at 100/1, the same as you backed a 'yes' vote in the referendum on scotland and wouldn't show your slip, then claimed to have won money by laying off your bet - boy you must think we are simpletons! Someone 20 points ahead and still 2/1 at the bookies strikes me as a poor bet because, as I've said before, bookies aren't stupid and my guess is that something will come along to prevent this happening. If it was someone credible 20 points ahead they'd be so short they'd be unbackable.

After all, and I never thought I'd say this, I have to agree with you, (there  - I doubt I'll ever say that again!!), that if Labour are stupid enough to allow Corbyn to win then they'll go the way of the LibDems and that will leave the Tories in power for a long time, which would be a disaster for all except the rich. Having said that, they did vote for Ed Milliband so it's not impossible, but 2/1 is not value imho.

:police:

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 29, 2015, 10:01:14 am by IC1967 »

Get in.

IC1967

Of course you backed him at 100/1, the same as you backed a 'yes' vote in the referendum on scotland and wouldn't show your slip, then claimed to have won money by laying off your bet - boy you must think we are simpletons! Someone 20 points ahead and still 2/1 at the bookies strikes me as a poor bet because, as I've said before, bookies aren't stupid and my guess is that something will come along to prevent this happening. If it was someone credible 20 points ahead they'd be so short they'd be unbackable.

After all, and I never thought I'd say this, I have to agree with you, (there  - I doubt I'll ever say that again!!), that if Labour are stupid enough to allow Corbyn to win then they'll go the way of the LibDems and that will leave the Tories in power for a long time, which would be a disaster for all except the rich. Having said that, they did vote for Ed Milliband so it's not impossible, but 2/1 is not value imho.

:police:

Look. The bookies know nothing. They merely adjust their odds to reflect the weight of public money and to guarantee themselves a profit. As an expert in politics I can tell you he will definitely win. Lump on before he goes odds on.

Just remember who was virtually the only person in the country predicting a Tory majority at the general election. Yes that was me. If you'd taken the advice you could have got 20/1 just days before the election. Sounds like you didn't make any money on that one.

IC1967

TinyPortal © 2005-2012