Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:01:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club Doncaster expanding  (Read 5634 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Club Doncaster expanding
« on August 28, 2015, 09:22:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
I see that a new CEO as been appointed to take the Foundation forward.

Even Gavin as communicated on the official site saying what a good appointment it is.

Pity he and others cannot communicate about Doncaster Rovers football club.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/foundation-friday-welcome-jim-2654563.aspx
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:26:00 pm by steve@dcfd »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Club Doncaster expanding
« Reply #1 on August 28, 2015, 10:01:02 pm by Canadian Rover »
Great news... I hear he's decent at right back.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 29, 2015, 09:18:40 am by bobjimwilly »
Look forward to Club Doncaster become more popular, more money coming in and more money for the Rovers! :scarf:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 29, 2015, 09:24:59 am by The Red Baron »
Look forward to Club Doncaster become more popular, more money coming in and more money for the Rovers! :scarf:

I agree, BJW. But the whole tone of this thread suggests that people don't understand the concept of Club Doncaster. Some even see it as a drain on the resources of the football side.

Maybe the CEO will take it as part of his mission to explain the concept and how it benefits Rovers.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 29, 2015, 10:38:42 am by acko »
when does the rovers start seeing some of this extra money coming in to the club according to most people TB and DW are the ones that keep funding everything.and how much will the newCEO and his staff be taking out.do the rovers really need it after all its no different to what a lot of clubs do now the difference it doesn't involve other sports taking a share

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 29, 2015, 10:49:23 am by Yorkiered »
I am sure TB will reap his reward for the club Doncaster foundation.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 29, 2015, 10:53:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
If the new bloke makes the club 50 grand a year that's fine - As long as he's not on 60 grand!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:56:10 am by Bentley Bullet »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 29, 2015, 10:54:09 am by silent majority »
The foundation is a charity, its been a massive success for Doncaster for a few years now. You should take some pride in the fact that its recognised nationally for all the good work its done.

Its such a pity that people still keep looking for negatives without even beginning to understand what some of these things are about.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 29, 2015, 11:05:43 am by acko »
charity begins at home SM im sure the majority on here would sooner more effort into drfc and try to achieve what was their promised aim.it seems to me drfc comes behind other ideas since the takeover by TB and DW.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 29, 2015, 11:17:49 am by silent majority »
charity begins at home SM im sure the majority on here would sooner more effort into drfc and try to achieve what was their promised aim.it seems to me drfc comes behind other ideas since the takeover by TB and DW.

You just don't get it do you! Every single football club up and down the leagues has a foundation team, ours just happens to better than most. Its a success story, enjoy it rather than pitching your infantile views on anything the club does that you don't understand.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 29, 2015, 11:21:21 am by acko »
pity the team is not better than most SM,

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 29, 2015, 11:21:37 am by Bentley Bullet »
Club Doncaster;
'We focus our work towards the shared principles of 'creating a better Doncaster' and 'improving lives'. 

That message doesn't quite hit the spot for some members on here. After all it's a Doncaster Rovers forum and therefore its members main concern is (or should be) in the interest of Doncaster Rovers.

Now if the message of intent read 'We focus our work towards the shared principles of 'creating a better Doncaster Rovers' and improving the team', then it would seem more appropriately aimed at this forum's market, and would perhaps be better received.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 29, 2015, 11:27:45 am by Yorkiered »
SM
Maybe it might be better if you could explain to us exactly what the Doncaster Rovers Foundation team does and what The Foundation entails?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 29, 2015, 11:32:05 am by acko »
I think I agree with that BB,the point that SM cant understand is the fact that the majority of supporters would sooner have a successful team than any awards given outside the team.and maybeSM you could explain what benefit it is to drfc and how much does it cost them

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 29, 2015, 11:33:05 am by silent majority »
I don't doubt that people on this forum have DRFC as their main focus, but for the life of me I don't get why people should criticise the foundation and the good work it does because its comes under the Club Doncaster banner? Surely that's an example of people desperate to criticise the club for whatever reason?

As it happens the foundation does benefit the club, the wide ranging publicity and the awards that team wins reflects in a very positive light on the club itself.

http://www.clubdoncasterfoundation.co.uk/

About the Foundation

Club Doncaster Foundation, formerly Doncaster Rovers Foundation, is a non-profit, self funding registered charity that has achieved over 30 years of inspiring positive change, participation in sport, physical activity and education within the Doncaster Borough and internationally. We utilise the social reach of the professional sports clubs and community stadium to challenge lifelong habits, inspire positive change and motivate sustained participation in sport, physical activity, training and education.

'Club Doncaster' encompasses Doncaster Rovers Football Club, Doncaster Rugby League Club and the Keepmoat Stadium. We focus our work towards the shared principles of 'creating a better Doncaster' and 'improving lives'.

Here at Club Doncaster, we have been recognised for our quality of provision and have been recent recipients of the Doncaster Sports Business of the Year Award for 2013, in 2014 and 2015 we were awarded ‘Community Club’ of the year for North West (Football League Awards) & named in the top 4 nationally in a market spread of 92 Foundations, and more recently have been named ‘Professional Club Community Programme of the Year’ in the 2015 Sport & Recreation Alliance Community Sport and Recreation Awards.

Our award winning team have reached in excess of 18,000 participants a year with a portfolio of over 35 of projects.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 29, 2015, 11:36:56 am by silent majority »
I think I agree with that BB,the point that SM cant understand is the fact that the majority of supporters would sooner have a successful team than any awards given outside the team.and maybeSM you could explain what benefit it is to drfc and how much does it cost them

Maybe you should stick to commenting on team issues (is that Hull or DRFC these days?) and not on issues about charity's that you quite clearly can't get your grey matter around.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 29, 2015, 11:41:00 am by StocktonRover »
Acko, you constantly trot out claims that "the majority of...."
Can you explain how you know the majority of anything you claim.

I think in your bigoted mind you believe what you claim but in reality you only state your opinion and try to pass it off at the opinion of the majority when in reality it's nothing of the sort

RTID (not 'til I throw my dolly out)

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 29, 2015, 11:43:07 am by acko »
 I don't doubt your word SM,but the truth is all the talk coming out of the club is club Doncaster,foundation ,new ceo for foundation.nothing about drfc,the supporters are not happy with the start of the season,the manager the style of play and the lack of players coming in at least to replace the long injury list they have.not a word on these problems just want to praise theirselves for the foundation awards.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 29, 2015, 11:45:10 am by Filo »
I don't doubt that people on this forum have DRFC as their main focus, but for the life of me I don't get why people should criticise the foundation and the good work it does because its comes under the Club Doncaster banner? Surely that's an example of people desperate to criticise the club for whatever reason?

As it happens the foundation does benefit the club, the wide ranging publicity and the awards that team wins reflects in a very positive light on the club itself.

http://www.clubdoncasterfoundation.co.uk/

About the Foundation

Club Doncaster Foundation, formerly Doncaster Rovers Foundation, is a non-profit, self funding registered charity that has achieved over 30 years of inspiring positive change, participation in sport, physical activity and education within the Doncaster Borough and internationally. We utilise the social reach of the professional sports clubs and community stadium to challenge lifelong habits, inspire positive change and motivate sustained participation in sport, physical activity, training and education.

'Club Doncaster' encompasses Doncaster Rovers Football Club, Doncaster Rugby League Club and the Keepmoat Stadium. We focus our work towards the shared principles of 'creating a better Doncaster' and 'improving lives'.

Here at Club Doncaster, we have been recognised for our quality of provision and have been recent recipients of the Doncaster Sports Business of the Year Award for 2013, in 2014 and 2015 we were awarded ‘Community Club’ of the year for North West (Football League Awards) & named in the top 4 nationally in a market spread of 92 Foundations, and more recently have been named ‘Professional Club Community Programme of the Year’ in the 2015 Sport & Recreation Alliance Community Sport and Recreation Awards.

Our award winning team have reached in excess of 18,000 participants a year with a portfolio of over 35 of projects.

The two words in bold acko that blows your theory right out of the water!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 29, 2015, 11:46:11 am by DonnyOsmond »
I don't doubt your word SM,but the truth is all the talk coming out of the club is club Doncaster,foundation ,new ceo for foundation.nothing about drfc,the supporters are not happy with the start of the season,the manager the style of play and the lack of players coming in at least to replace the long injury list they have.not a word on these problems just want to praise theirselves for the foundation awards.

We signed Cameron Stewart yesterday?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 29, 2015, 11:49:12 am by acko »
you missed two words out filo non profit so how does that benefit drfc

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 29, 2015, 11:50:50 am by southwestexile »

It's not as simple as one way or the other, this is an additional positive for Doncaster as a whole which includes the footy team

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 29, 2015, 11:51:22 am by bobjimwilly »

the club doncaster foundation is non profit

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 29, 2015, 11:57:08 am by IDM »
The whole point Acko, as far as I see it, is the Club Doncaster thing either adds to DRFC or runs alongside the football.  It does not detract from DRFC.

The footballing issues that DRFC has, are completely separate.

Why do you continue to suppose links are there?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 29, 2015, 11:58:34 am by Filo »

Increased exposure and publicity for the Doncaster Rovers name!

Keep plucking at straws mate!

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 29, 2015, 12:25:59 pm by Yorkiered »
Not meaning to be awkward but if the Foundation is self funding, where does this funding actually come from?
Is the new CEO a Club Doncaster appointment or a Foundation appointment ie who is paying his wages?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 29, 2015, 12:34:58 pm by silent majority »
Not meaning to be awkward but if the Foundation is self funding, where does this funding actually come from?
Is the new CEO a Club Doncaster appointment or a Foundation appointment ie who is paying his wages?

Its mostly Government or local authority funding.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012