Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:54:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fanzine - thanks and thoughts  (Read 1634 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Fanzine - thanks and thoughts
« on October 04, 2015, 07:03:40 pm by VivaRovers »
Many thanks to everyone who purchased a copy of the fanzine yesterday. We sold close to 300 at the game which isn't bad going considering we only had two sellers for most of the day.

Once you've read it please do let us know what you thought about it - what you liked and what you didn't. This is your fanzine after all, so feedback is important to us.

We've about 25 copies left, so if you missed out yesterday you can get one at Millwall away, or via post.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Fanzine - thanks and thoughts
« Reply #1 on October 04, 2015, 07:49:18 pm by The Red Baron »
Don't forget that the Millwall game next weekend is off and has been rearranged for 27th October.

Btw Glen, I hope to be able to write something for you soon. Please let me know your deadline for the next issue and I'll try to get something to you.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 04, 2015, 08:13:01 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Glen,

Not a complaint but rather to help improvement, I'd seen your note on here that Popstand would be on sale yesterday and was looking out for a seller as I arrived at the ground walking from the bike shed to the west stand, no seller to be seen.  So I walked back 'round to the south stand and there were two sellers within ten feet of each other.

Perhaps not everyone would have bothered.

Love the fanzine btw and never miss it.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to its making (and selling).

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 04, 2015, 08:30:10 pm by VivaRovers »
In terms of sellers yesterday I initially inly had Mike and myself available. I posted asking for help on social media and On here, but unfortunately had no offers. So Mike was at the South West corner (until he sold out about 10-16 mins before kick-off) and I was at the South East corner.

Mercifully one of our occasional writers who lives in Durham arrived earlier than usual and offered to sell outside the South Stand until kick-off, and his friend who he'd travelled with kindly helped out.

I'd bloody love to have sellers all the way round the ground, and normally do have four, but without volunteers I'm afraid that's just not possible.

Thanks for persivering and picking one up though - sales would suggest others did too. But that we have some left is because many don't, as you say. If it's irritating for you, you can probably imagine how irritating it is for me.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 05, 2015, 11:13:23 am by VivaRovers »
Don't suppose anyone has any thoughts on the actual fanzine itself do they?

Would be nice to get some feedback on what we're putting out for people.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 05, 2015, 12:08:14 pm by RobTheRover »
Glen, can you save me a copy please?  I didnt get to the game as my daughter is still in hospital in Sheffield.  I'll arrange to meet you and pick up if thats OK.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 05, 2015, 05:51:25 pm by VivaRovers »
Cheers RB; I meant the rearranged date, but just realised that Peterborough is actually the next game I'll be able to get to, so will have the remaining 'zines with me on that date.

Rob, have put one aside for you - let me know if you'd rather I post it to you.

Again, anyone have any thoughts on the fanzine itself? Should I just presume silence to mean it can't possibly be any better?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 05, 2015, 06:52:10 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Glen,

I think it is a great blend of well reasoned material such as your editorial mixed with personal anecdotes which are great to hear and which I usually can relate to.
Then the more irreverent stuff which always makes me laugh, some of the witty captions put to the cover photo have me howling.
The Bernard Glover diaries I tend to skip past on first reading but are a useful reference if I need to remind myself of some detail from a recent game.

So, sorry but I can't really offer any ideas for improvement, it's damned near perfect as far as I'm concerned.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 05, 2015, 06:57:29 pm by NigelJ »
Glen, can you save one for me too?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 05, 2015, 07:04:52 pm by Alickismyhero »
Glen,

Still waiting for mine!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 06, 2015, 07:31:03 am by VivaRovers »
Subscriber copies went out in Monday's post. Apologies for the delay, but had to leave mine before 6am Saturday to get up for the R'sonists game, so only had chance to sort them out Sunday night. We send out around 70 by post now so it can take a while to sort.

Thanks for feedback above, more comments would be appreciated on what people like and don't like.

Have two copies aside for Rob and Nigel now - can take to Peterborough, Millwall or post if you're happy to pay £1.60.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 06, 2015, 10:19:41 pm by craigdrfc »
Hi Glen,

Enjoyed issue 78. Highlights were Tiger Aspect, Marshall Matters & Beneath The Statue (which I whole-heartedly agree with!!!).

I keep trying, and failing, to write a decent 'Remembering The First Time' .... I'll keep plugging away at it!!

Looking forward to 79 already.

Cheers.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 07, 2015, 10:37:04 am by RobTheRover »
Cheers RB; I meant the rearranged date, but just realised that Peterborough is actually the next game I'll be able to get to, so will have the remaining 'zines with me on that date.

Rob, have put one aside for you - let me know if you'd rather I post it to you.

Again, anyone have any thoughts on the fanzine itself? Should I just presume silence to mean it can't possibly be any better?

If you could post it that would be great.  Send me payment details and I'll bung you a Steve Evans envelope

TinyPortal © 2005-2012