Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:49:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Forrester not here.  (Read 13229 times)

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
Forrester not here.
« on October 17, 2015, 08:11:58 pm by Tiddysdad »
I can't see Harry here after Christmas if he doesn't get game time. Lets just hope a proper manager can see his value and put forward the future is DRFC not the grass is green else where.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: Forrester not here.
« Reply #1 on October 17, 2015, 08:14:26 pm by Spud »
I was amazed to see Middleton replace Copps when we had Harry & Cameron Stewart on the bench.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 17, 2015, 08:47:31 pm by drfchound »
Me too, it should have been Harry F.
Maybe Jonesie didnt make it clear when he said "Harry, get stripped".

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 17, 2015, 09:29:28 pm by dickos1 »
Stancliffe told forrester to get stripped and then Jones shouted Middleton back while forrester was getting stripped and put him on

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 17, 2015, 09:57:12 pm by grayx »
Stancliffe told forrester to get stripped and then Jones shouted Middleton back while forrester was getting stripped and put him on

I cant believe a dinosaur like Stancliffe is allowed anywhere near the bench. That shows how much work DF has on his hands.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 17, 2015, 10:32:47 pm by dickos1 »
Stancliffe is with the academy with Wilson isn't he

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 17, 2015, 10:39:58 pm by rich1471 »
I believe that Jones does not get on with forrester that is why he is not getting much game time it would explain a lot if true

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 17, 2015, 11:04:37 pm by Dare to dream! »
I believe that Jones does not get on with forrester that is why he is not getting much game time it would explain a lot if true

I thought Jones was better than that tbh

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 18, 2015, 12:00:14 am by grayx »
Stancliffe is with the academy with Wilson isn't he

Yes he is, and has been for years. Old fashioned and arrogant. Hopefully DF will bring younger and more up to date backroom staff with him eventually.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 18, 2015, 12:25:17 am by Draytonian III »
With new players most likely to be brought in the first one to leave should be Forrester, not consistent enough and he tends to go missing. Also cancel the loans of Stewart and Gobern

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 18, 2015, 07:28:24 am by DRNaith »
Outside of the Premier league I think most wingers (which is usually where HF has been played) are tagged as inconsistent

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 18, 2015, 07:40:28 am by DRFCSouth »
I can't put my finger on what the issue is with Forrester. To me, we should be looking to build a team around talents like him and Williams.

If he were to leave us, I feel someone would be getting a tremendous talent.

Hopefully DF will nurture him and get the best from him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 18, 2015, 09:10:25 pm by drfchound »
Ditto to that.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 18, 2015, 09:36:00 pm by i_ateallthepies »

I thought Jones was better than that tbh

I'm sure he is DtD but if there is acrimony between them and Jones feels he can't trust Forrester to give his best for him then it would be entirely reasonable of Jones not to play him.

I must admit, the last time Harry did get on the pitch as sub for ten minutes he didn't look the least bit bothered to me.

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 18, 2015, 09:50:15 pm by Donny Viking »
I can't put my finger on what the issue is with Forrester. To me, we should be looking to build a team around talents like him and Williams.

If he were to leave us, I feel someone would be getting a tremendous talent.

Hopefully DF will nurture him and get the best from him.
I would suspect it's more about Foresters attitude not his ability. When you are struggling attitude is everything, and jones wears his heart on his sleeve. Forester can go missing and strikes me as a bit arrogant.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 18, 2015, 10:04:51 pm by wing commander »
Frankly I can't understand it..How Forrester can't get in bottom 2 league 1 side which can't create many chances..is simply beyond me

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 18, 2015, 11:02:51 pm by karldew »
Never really rated Forrester. A fluke goal against Gillingham last year, the goal against Barnsley (I think it was Barnsley?) and a good performance against Coventry is about all that stands out while he's been here?
Sure he has something but I think we'd get better from Tyson, N'guessen and Stewart?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 19, 2015, 07:40:11 am by i_ateallthepies »
I'm willing to reserve judgement of Forrester's potential, he clearly has ability but as already said shows it all too rarely.  However, how many attacking players have we seen at Rovers who we know are better than they have shown for us.  I'd like to see what Ferguson can get from him, he could prove to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the division.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 19, 2015, 08:01:36 am by DearneValleyRover »
Forrester can have all the potential in the world but since signing for us he's hardly shown it even when he's had game time. If he had and was as good as some on here think he is, he would have gone in one of the Transfer Windows. His contract is up at the end of the season, he will be off then so if another club is prepared to take him in Jan let him go.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 19, 2015, 08:18:15 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Frankly I can't understand it..How Forrester can't get in bottom 2 league 1 side which can't create many chances..is simply beyond me

How about the fact that when he's played, he hasn't created much?

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 19, 2015, 08:20:30 am by Rovers91 »
Forrester is a quality player I don't think the managers he has played under here have helped, Dickov just about ruined any player with attacking qualities. Hopefully now DF is here and likes to play attacking football a player like Forrester will thrive.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 19, 2015, 08:37:30 am by the vicar »
before we all start knocking anyone and getting rid just see what DF can do with than then decide

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 19, 2015, 08:43:41 am by DRFCSouth »
He was the next best thing when he arrived here, so something has occurred in the middle between then and now. Its a two way process, the club helping develop the player and vice versa.

He's the sort of player, if I was DF, I'd be taking to one side and telling him he is the match winner he needs for the future.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 19, 2015, 08:49:39 am by The Red Baron »
before we all start knocking anyone and getting rid just see what DF can do with than then decide

Agreed. Forrester can potentially benefit greatly from the change of manager.

I got the impression with Jones that he's not a great believer in wingers or holding midfielders. I don't really see Forrester as a winger, but equally I don't think the diamond formation suits him.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 19, 2015, 09:37:03 am by Dare to dream! »

How about the fact that when he's played, he hasn't created much?

Whereas the current players are creating so much? Forrester is a match winner, invisible all game but pops up with a game changing moment. He needs to be playing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 19, 2015, 09:42:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Remind me. What was the last time he changed a game? For the better.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 19, 2015, 10:15:54 am by DRFCSouth »
He's been operating under a manager who wasn't getting the best out of anyone for a long time BST.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 19, 2015, 10:54:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Forrester operated under a manager who got us to the edge of the playoffs last season. And when things got tasty in the key matches in the run-in, he vanished.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 19, 2015, 11:28:18 am by The Beast »
You can tell Forrester's attitude stinks a mile off, unfortunately he's one of the only resalable assets we've got of any value. He needs to be playing regularly for the fact that we need to recoup some of what we've invested in him if nothing else.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 19, 2015, 01:27:18 pm by Retdon1 »
You can tell Forrester's attitude stinks a mile off, unfortunately he's one of the only resalable assets we've got of any value. He needs to be playing regularly for the fact that we need to recoup some of what we've invested in him if nothing else.

He's out of contract at the end of the season isn't he, so can see him leaving on a free in the summer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012