Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:30:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Forrester not here.  (Read 13231 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Forrester not here.
« Reply #30 on October 20, 2015, 02:38:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He has a chance now, this manager i don't see him sitting by and letting him waste his talent, if he doesn't put the work in he will be out.
He has to realise he has wasted a lot of his career while he has been with us, talent without a heart won't get him anywhere, he needs to show he has got the talent and won't be bullied out of games, it's upto him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 20, 2015, 05:34:10 am by PDX_Rover »
Have to agree with that Sammy. He now has a clean slate in what is expected to be an attacking minded team.

For what it's worth, we have the nucleus of a side that can challenge for promotion. 5 or 6 new faces needed to replace those who just can't do the job (either through lack of talent, wrong attitude or getting on in years). Williams has not suddenly become a bad player... He's not been used correctly. I'm looking forward to seeing how DF shapes the team. Top 6 is a massive effort and will be some going if we do it this season. But then football is a funny old game Saint.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 20, 2015, 07:02:59 am by glosterred »
Forrester not here, not sure it will be a great miss.

COYR

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 20, 2015, 08:01:47 am by DRFCSouth »
He's been out injured for a fair amount of his time with us. Some Rovers fans love a good plodder of a player. Someone with  ability, pfft, forget it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:04:51 am by DRFCSouth »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 20, 2015, 08:11:17 am by glosterred »
I like a player with ability, but he has to be consistent, he isn't. Added to the amount of time he has spent injured whilst at the Rovers is why I'm not sure he will be missed.

COYR

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 20, 2015, 09:00:00 am by DearneValleyRover »
He's been out injured for a fair amount of his time with us. Some Rovers fans love a good plodder of a player. Someone with  ability, pfft, forget it.

Behave he might have all the ability in the world but how often has he shown it? Never mind injuries and manager tactics he's had plenty of chances to shine but not taken it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 20, 2015, 09:24:20 am by The Red Baron »
Strikes me that if Ferguson can get him to play to his potential we'll have a darned good player. If not, his departure at the end of the season won't be felt too keenly.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 20, 2015, 09:26:44 am by DRFCSouth »

Behave he might have all the ability in the world but how often has he shown it? Never mind injuries and manager tactics he's had plenty of chances to shine but not taken it.
How do you explain his decline, Williams' decline also?.All down to the player is it? If he read some of the comments about him on here, he may as well pack his bags.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 20, 2015, 09:48:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
South
Equally, it's not NOTHING to do with the players. I don't doubt that Dickov has failed to get the best out of his players. But the players have to look inside themselves too.

Forrester went AWOL when we needed him most last season. And there are those two examples I've given of him playing Billy Big b*llocks and demanding to be the centre of attention when there were better qualified players to take particular set pieces[1].

Williams has to look at his own contribution. Wellens on Saturday was back to his imperious best, picking out eye-of-the-needle passes left right and centre. But never to Williams. Because Williams wasn't making the runs to be released.

I don't doubt that those two should be key players that you build a side around. But only if they up their own games.

[1] Mind, I also blame the lack ofsenior mesters on the pitch. The penalty against Sheff Utd last year and the free kick at Bramall Lane this year needed a senior pro to step in and tell Forrester that it was about what was good for the team, not his f**king ego.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 20, 2015, 09:55:47 am by The Red Baron »
Following up on BST's point I think the influence of Jones on the pitch and Chris Brown has been keenly missed. Coppinger and Wellens are senior players, but neither strike me as real leaders of men. That said, I thought as acting-captain, Wellens managed the fallout from the Tyson- Phil Parkinson incident pretty well.

I thought Butler might have the personality to be an on-field leader, but he doesn't seem to.

It will be interesting to see to whom Ferguson gives the armband. Maybe not straight away, but after he's had a few games to assess things.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 20, 2015, 07:01:55 pm by jmt »
The reason Williams is not scoring is because he's been pushed onto the wing, in order to get some ball time. He can't do everything!
The Harry Forrester issue is strange, he's clearly a player with ability, possibly the best we have, but we don't play him?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 20, 2015, 07:04:19 pm by Draytonian III »
We don't play him ,because when he is picked he only plays well 1 in 6 , " Show Time "

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 20, 2015, 08:33:13 pm by hoolahoop »
With new players most likely to be brought in the first one to leave should be Forrester, not consistent enough and he tends to go missing. Also cancel the loans of Stewart and Gobern

Goes missing from the teamsheet that's about all. How much game time has he had exactly Draytonian to prove inconsistent ?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 20, 2015, 08:38:28 pm by Draytonian III »
Over the last two and a bit years ,lots

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 20, 2015, 09:40:02 pm by jmt »
He's been injured, then suspended and injured again, I bet he's not even played half a season in two years!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 20, 2015, 10:01:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hoola

Trust me mate. You didn't see him in the Bristol City and Bradford matches last year when the knee high tackles were flying in. He vanished. It was embarrassing to see. Reminiscent of Andy Watson.

Look, I would love the lad to live up to his potential. But those are the matches that tell you what is in a player's heart. There was the potential for us to rise to the occasion. The play-offs were in our grasp. The opponents were fighting like f**k. And that lad didn't meet the challenge.

It's a long, long way back from there.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 20, 2015, 10:33:38 pm by dickos1 »
2 of our 3 victories have come in the only 2 games williams hasn't played

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 20, 2015, 11:27:04 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The team should always come first, Williams has to earn his place in the team, the team won tonight not withstanding injuries the manager won't change too much from tonight i wouldn't think.
With Anderson and Tyson you get enthusiasm for playing, i'm not knocking Williams he is just frustrating me because i know he has the ability.
He needs to adapt to the team, as well as the team to him, it works both ways, he can't expect the same service he had at Swindon, the players are different.
''I don't want him to develop into one of our 'Graveyard striker' occupants, we are over loaded with them''!.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 21, 2015, 10:19:37 am by hoolahoop »
Hoola

Trust me mate. You didn't see him in the Bristol City and Bradford matches last year when the knee high tackles were flying in. He vanished. It was embarrassing to see. Reminiscent of Andy Watson.

Look, I would love the lad to live up to his potential. But those are the matches that tell you what is in a player's heart. There was the potential for us to rise to the occasion. The play-offs were in our grasp. The opponents were fighting like f***. And that lad didn't meet the challenge.

It's a long, long way back from there.

Fair enough by the sounds of it ; I had the better deal. Lol

We are all frustrated by players who have little appetite for a scrap. However taken to one side and managed properly we still have a good player here. Everyone recognises that once on the pitch he wants his ego massaging .

Now this is where DF (and the backroom staff ) have to get involved .  However I agree that most of the work must be carried out by Forrester himself I.e. he needs to sit himself down and decide whether he really wants to play at the highest levels or become a journeyman. We simply cannot afford to invest the time heavily in just one player when there are so many problems still to fix. I think DF will be looking at and talking to players
Iike him as a priority.

I hope the player chooses to play football for us properly that means the mindset is more important than his talent.....he needs to see that quickly.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 22, 2015, 01:57:48 am by les@donr »
DF will only play players that want to play as part of the team and in on merit. I think DF will be like his father, expecting each player to give him a 100% on the pitch if he wants to keep his place in the team, and won't be scared to drop so called "stars" and "favourites", Williams is a case in point.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 23, 2015, 07:46:01 pm by graingrover »
I dont think Williams was dropped for any other reason than that stated by  DF in the interview on DROS...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012