Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:36:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??  (Read 56485 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??
« Reply #60 on November 27, 2015, 10:07:53 am by wing commander »
And I'm talking about Ryan Murrant there..Apparently he has won awards for fan engagement at his previous clubs..Personally I wouldn't pay him in brass buttons....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 27, 2015, 10:16:35 am by Yorkiered »
On the flip side of things, I believe the club is much better run and far more professional than it was five or six years ago, looking from the outside in.

The only thing that's sometimes difficult to decipher is what the long-term aim/strategy is, when the owners opt to take the silent approach.

Come on Rigo. If we had given Brian the Blade the job he would have been better than the previous CEO.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 27, 2015, 10:33:35 am by keepmoatman »
The major problem with this club is they try too hard to get new fans in, and give jack shit
care about existing customers.
I have had my own issues last season which made me stay away which i wont go into .
Me and my partner thought we would try again for the Bradford game , which we were refused entry , which again i will not go into . Martin has very kindly represented my complaints to the club , but its all fallen on deaf ears, no response at all from the club .
I am out of the habit of attending now , and will not return .

bally1950

« Reply #63 on November 27, 2015, 10:36:43 am by bally1950 »
I believe that this incident will receive the same cover up as the incident in the West Stand was. "A third party" investigated and found the club did nothing wrong "It will never happen again" ha ha ha.
The club did nothing   end of.  How dare fans complain against a football club. Look at what happens at Blackpool.  That tells a story.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 27, 2015, 10:37:24 am by DRFC »
I believe that this incident will receive the same cover up as the incident in the West Stand was. "A third party" investigated and found the club did nothing wrong "It will never happen again" ha ha ha.
The club did nothing   end of.  How dare fans complain against a football club. Look at what happens at Blackpool.  That tells a story.

Which incident in the West Stand?

bally1950

« Reply #65 on November 27, 2015, 10:40:43 am by bally1950 »
When the young boy died and was revived.  THAT ONE

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 27, 2015, 10:51:16 am by DRFC »
What makes you think there was a cover up? Genuinely interested.

bally1950

« Reply #67 on November 27, 2015, 10:55:04 am by bally1950 »
Just take it from me that there was because I was there and know what happened. The matter is still in the melting pot at this time and because of that I cannot say any more. I can tell you the club were eagre to get it forgotten.. Have you seen any statement from them about it. Oh of course other than Rob Jones face timed the boy in hospital well whoooopppeee do

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 27, 2015, 11:11:45 am by DRFC »
What statement do you expect them to make?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 27, 2015, 11:16:13 am by wing commander »
On the flip side of things, I believe the club is much better run and far more professional than it was five or six years ago, looking from the outside in.

The only thing that's sometimes difficult to decipher is what the long-term aim/strategy is, when the owners opt to take the silent approach.

it's not the owners who are at fault here..They pay other people a lot of money to address these problems on a day to day basis..The fact they seem incapable of doing so or even replying to any e-mail whatever the department tells me the one thing this club is not run with is "professionalism"

Twinkletoes

« Reply #70 on November 27, 2015, 11:18:11 am by Twinkletoes »
Just to add insult to injury, it might be worth taking a peek at the clubs web site and reading their Customer Charter. It's about a year or so out of date, but! They are only too keen to put across how they "value each and every loyal fan" and how "loyal fans are their greatest asset" what a load of poppycock!! Having just read that the club hasn't even contacted Martin is having me question the Customer Charter further. Come on DRFC put your words into action and show that you really do care and value your loyal fans. Stop hiding hoping it will go away, because I think you know it won't! Not in this instance anyhow.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 27, 2015, 11:25:03 am by The Red Baron »

I agree. If they say "we screwed up" then that puts the club at risk of litigation. In this case the family just seem happy that everything ended well, but if they were put into the hands of some scummy ambulance chasers, who knows?

You have to hope that lessons genuinely have been learned. Having worked in plenty of organisations where lessons are always being  "learned" then quietly forgotten about I'm sceptical but there we go!

But as for public statements, you won't get anything that might hint they got it wrong.

Back to the original topic, I wasn't there on Tuesday but I'm appalled by some of the things I've read. It needs sorting out, pronto.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 27, 2015, 11:36:10 am by DRFC »

I agree. If they say "we screwed up" then that puts the club at risk of litigation. In this case the family just seem happy that everything ended well, but if they were put into the hands of some scummy ambulance chasers, who knows?

You have to hope that lessons genuinely have been learned. Having worked in plenty of organisations where lessons are always being  "learned" then quietly forgotten about I'm sceptical but there we go!

But as for public statements, you won't get anything that might hint they got it wrong.

Exactly this. No sane business would put out a statement admitting liability (not that I'm convinced they're even remotely liable in this case). More to the point, better this lad collapsed at Rovers where there are trained medical staff to respond, even if it was too slow in the opinion of some, than if he was out on a walk in the country somewhere.

Sometimes I think people like kicking the club for the sake of it.

bally1950

« Reply #73 on November 27, 2015, 12:34:53 pm by bally1950 »
DRFC....It is not a statement that is required it is a Code of Practice...No litigation what so ever, Now horse has gone so close the barn door. Or the Chairman of SWFC after the trouble in 1987  not 89  "Well nobody will get killed".

Me kick Doncaster Rovers FC. I am 65 and been going since I was 6 but I am no longer brow beaten by them.

bally1950

« Reply #74 on November 27, 2015, 12:38:12 pm by bally1950 »
I also see you joined forum the day after the event on Tuesday.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on November 27, 2015, 12:42:16 pm by DRFC »
What bearing does my join date have?

bally1950

« Reply #76 on November 27, 2015, 12:47:09 pm by bally1950 »
Oh, something springs to mind and your certain comments. Not a problem you are entitled to your say

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 27, 2015, 12:53:38 pm by DRFC »
I think it's a disgrace the way Martin was ejected and I hope the Steward(s) responsible areremoved from the club.

Conversely, I don't think the club should be making statements potentially admitting responsibly for something out of their control. Hope that clears things up

bally1950

« Reply #78 on November 27, 2015, 12:57:33 pm by bally1950 »
I accept your point and you have my apology. I also stated something similar about the stewards in the West Stand incident, it went very quiet and a third party said the club and stewards did nothing wrong. Not what everybody thinks. But never mind.

Again I say You have my  apology 

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 27, 2015, 01:15:36 pm by Rovers Return »
wasn't at game but if this is the same incident I was told then surly the fan involved with all his so called training knows that pushing a steward in the chest is classed as assault and is an ejection
I hope it got caught on cctv so the truth can come out either way

Hmmm Martin lent across the family to his left two or three whole seats( Father and son) and pushed the steward in the chest with his left arm ( very Larry Grayson esk). Oooo! You are awful. For no reason what's so ever. Or....

Martin takes out his mobile phone out of his pocket because the steward refuses to give his name and number. The steward lunges across the said family, upsetting the kid so much he wanted to leave, knocking his grandad in the back who was sat in the seat in front, grabbing Martins right arm and trying to wrestle Martins phone out of his hand. Martin pushed him away with his left hand.......as you say it will all be on CCTV. I got the impression somebody somewhere had already made their mind up to eject him before the fracas as the Chief steward had no intention of having a 'quiet' word with Martin. The steward was the villain and it is Pantomime Season after all. :clapping:

bally1950

« Reply #80 on November 27, 2015, 01:22:51 pm by bally1950 »
From my Police Days and when bouncers had done wrong under the cameras, it is amazing how many things can go wrong with CCTV or camera was aiming elsewhere.
If it was the little fat scruffy unshaven Chief Steward with a black tashe it does not surprise me. But one day he will over react and get caught out. Maybe a complaint of a breach of the peace be made to the Police, because he was acting outside of his duties and used more than the necessary force in the issue.  BET THAT DOES NOT GET SHOWN ON CAMERA.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on November 27, 2015, 01:31:32 pm by Rovers Return »
From my Police Days and when bouncers had done wrong under the cameras, it is amazing how many things can go wrong with CCTV or camera was aiming elsewhere.
If it was the little fat scruffy unshaven Chief Steward with a black tashe it does not surprise me. But one day he will over react and get caught out. Maybe a complaint of a breach of the peace be made to the Police, because he was acting outside of his duties and used more than the necessary force in the issue.  BET THAT DOES NOT GET SHOWN ON CAMERA.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The thing is and the more I think about it. It seemed very orchestrated from elsewhere the steward kept talking into his mic and receiving feedback from somebody who was 'directing' the precedings. At one point he shouted 'Did you see that? Did you see that?. My guess is the cameras were homed in specifically and the little man in the tower was conducting. :whistle:

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on November 27, 2015, 01:52:19 pm by DRNaith »
This isn't the description of a club I want to be part of.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on November 27, 2015, 02:21:49 pm by Rovers Return »
This isn't the description of a club I want to be part of.

I must admit I'm questioning my commitment and that of my kids. Do I want this?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 27, 2015, 02:22:48 pm by wing commander »
   IF that post from someone as long supporting and respected as Naith doesn't get the senior management of this club worried about there attitude to the fans then nothing will.....I feel the same... 

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 27, 2015, 02:43:08 pm by Copps is Magic »
The thing is and the more I think about it. It seemed very orchestrated from elsewhere the steward kept talking into his mic and receiving feedback from somebody who was 'directing' the precedings. At one point he shouted 'Did you see that? Did you see that?. My guess is the cameras were homed in specifically and the little man in the tower was conducting. :whistle:

That's been happening for years and happens with every security issue in the stands. It's definitely not a case specific thing.

But, people really have amazing double standards on these issues. When I posted about the CCTV, the searches outside the ground and threat of dogs we had earlier in the season people were all for it. If it stopped the pyros great they said!

Now we have potential examples of it being used indiscriminately and suddenly people have a different take on it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:47:27 pm by Copps is Magic »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on November 27, 2015, 02:58:42 pm by Filo »
wasn't at game but if this is the same incident I was told then surly the fan involved with all his so called training knows that pushing a steward in the chest is classed as assault and is an ejection

A few of your past posts touch on stewarding, are you part of the stewarding team?

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 27, 2015, 03:04:26 pm by DRFC »

A few of your past posts touch on stewarding, are you part of the stewarding team?

A few of your past posts touch on football, are you a footballer?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on November 27, 2015, 03:18:09 pm by Rovers Return »

That's been happening for years and happens with every security issue in the stands. It's definitely not a case specific thing.

But, people really have amazing double standards on these issues. When I posted about the CCTV, the searches outside the ground and threat of dogs we had earlier in the season people were all for it. If it stopped the pyros great they said!

Now we have potential examples of it being used indiscriminately and suddenly people have a different take on it.

The thing is Copps, it appeared that a decision had already been made and this particular steward was sent to get a reaction just to justify the ejection. At no point was the approach calm and 'Excuse me Sir Can I have a quick word with you?" It was straight in with BAM! Shouting and balling, at the wrong guy by the way until Martin pointed out that is possibly him they were looking for. The steward was obnoxious from the get go! At one point in the proceedings, when they were asking his name, one steward said "Why are we asking his name we know who it is?" They came to force a reaction and were not getting one, so they created one.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on November 27, 2015, 03:28:54 pm by Colin C No.3 »
An incredulous set of events that harps back to the '70's.

Do we have any stewards that are 'frustrated bare knuckle fighters'? If so whoever employed them needs to go, along with these thugs.

Disgusted.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012