Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:42:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where are they now  (Read 3636 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Where are they now
« on November 30, 2015, 07:40:06 am by roversdude »
Not former players but all the negative posters
Where are they at the minute - holiday, therapy, locked up ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
Re: Where are they now
« Reply #1 on November 30, 2015, 10:08:10 am by Yorkiered »
Well yours is the first negative post today, so I guess you are still here.

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 30, 2015, 10:43:37 am by murham »
As a resident negative poster
I am enjoying watching a football team again
Enjoying the players benefiting from Fergies experience
It's the same players just a different team

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 30, 2015, 01:42:44 pm by the vicar »
Most of the posters on here were negative  on here about the players when PD was here, saying players not good enough, over the hill and won't make a footballer as long as he has a whole in his ass noe it is all different

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 30, 2015, 08:02:13 pm by les@donr »
I was always a supporter of the team and club, but regularly questioned PD's ability to get the best out of his players, and able to put his tactics into action. He seemed very poor on the latter.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 30, 2015, 08:07:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
You were one step ahead of me pal. I had no idea what his tactics were so it was impossible to see if he was putting them in to practice or otherwise. His managerial career at Rovers was a total mystery. Still absolutely none the wiser about what he was trying to achieve.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 30, 2015, 08:08:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What was there to be positive about a couple of months ago?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 30, 2015, 08:13:30 pm by les@donr »
I think the players are playing better now because they have a game plan to follow, which didn't seem to be the case with PD.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 30, 2015, 11:16:04 pm by idler »
We are playing better and now getting results. What would be nice would be some of  the negative posters now posting on the improvement we have seen.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 30, 2015, 11:21:09 pm by les@donr »
idler, to be fare there has been a lot more positivity about the team on  this site  since DF's appointment. I think most fans believe Darren knows what he is doing, has plans and puts them in to practice. None of which happened under the previous manager.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 01, 2015, 07:16:27 am by keith79 »
Was it negative to say pd was not good enough or was it stating the truth?. Can ?the truth be a negative

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 01, 2015, 07:30:09 am by Bentley Bullet »
A pointless and provocative thread, published only to incite conflict.

Still waiting for the OP or any of those who 'liked' his post to give me an answer to my earlier post.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:44:03 am by Bentley Bullet »

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 01, 2015, 12:38:55 pm by PopStander »
We are a totally different team now we have an actual football manager instead of some clueless bloke!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 01, 2015, 01:10:15 pm by roversdude »
Wasn't so much the criticism of PD but the whole board etc

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 01, 2015, 01:21:09 pm by knockers »
I would say we have one of the best boards of the 92 teams in the top four divisions. Just read a few threads from this forum over the last few months and you'll find dozens of clubs that are in the shit.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 01, 2015, 02:06:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
I would say we have one of the best boards of the 92 teams in the top four divisions. Just read a few threads from this forum over the last few months and you'll find dozens of clubs that are in the shit.

Bolton are the latest Championship club in crises. Can't afford to pay their players for November and £130 million in debt, although there is a deal currently taking place, apparently.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 01, 2015, 02:34:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
When a team is doing shite, you will inevitably get a negative response. When a team is doing OK, you get a positive response.

It is protest that changes things, not contentment.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 01, 2015, 03:22:54 pm by idler »
That's exactly right BB but surely if folk can post a negative point when we are doing crap then they might take the time to post a positive one when we improve.
That is surely a more even handed approach.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 01, 2015, 03:37:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »
As far as I'm aware posters who are guilty of that are so few in numbers it is hardly worth starting a new thread over.

Perhaps a thread thanking the people who protested, thus contributing to the boards acknowledgment of their concerns and reacting to it, would have been a more even approach.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 01, 2015, 04:00:48 pm by idler »
I would happily post on that one as well BB.
Constructive criticism and voicing concerns does work. The odd poster as you say just seem to moan for moaning's sake. These are the ones that I think that the OP was referring to.
When we won under PD a post welcoming this but pointing out that we still had weaknesses would have been far better than just lying low until the next defeat and then resurfacing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 01, 2015, 04:07:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The problem there Idler was that when posters did post a negative comment following a victory, they were condemned for refusing to enjoy the moment, and not letting negative feelings lie despite a victory.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 01, 2015, 04:53:58 pm by idler »
I agree that happened but think that unlike speaking to someone face to face a brief badly worded text can just lead to a prolonged argument.
Some of the exchanges on both sides were to say the least disappointing for fans supporting the same club.
I think that PD should have gone earlier but at least the amount of time he was given stopped a fans fall out when he left. This was far better than when SOD was removed 24 hours after he was told his position was safe.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 01, 2015, 05:08:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You're right mate, but the best way to prolong an argument is to deliberately start a thread in order to open up old wounds.

That is, to say the least disappointing when it's aimed at fans supporting the same club.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 01, 2015, 06:06:16 pm by idler »
Agreed BB. Too often threads start with a leading question that is so easily seen through. Annoyingly some of these then run to five pages.
I had a good 15 minute talk to Wes from the DRSG and it was great to actually speak to him and find that our views and hopes are much the same. That wouldn't have seemed so given some exchanges on here.
If you ever want to meet up pre match for a pint and a natter let me know. I always enjoy talking about the Rovers.
I'm in Mexico until tomorrow so been typing this looking at the Caribbean.
It's a bit surreal but free wifi so I can get my Rovers fix and see the highlights on player. Not looking forward to coming back tomorrow. It'll be cold in Bradford and I won't be watching Pelicans diving in.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 01, 2015, 06:18:17 pm by roversdude »
Correct the situation other teams are in shows that off the field we are a stable club and much improved on the field

TinyPortal © 2005-2012