Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Welcome to Rangers FC Forrester  (Read 25962 times)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Re: WELCOME TO RANGERS FC FORRESTER WORLDS MOST SUCCESFULL CLUB
« Reply #60 on January 01, 2016, 03:52:45 pm by drfc1951 »
Can be a good player. But never ever wanted to be at DR glad he's gone
If he never wanted to be at Donny why did he sign in the first place?
er £££££ s showed little interest in our club. Always thought he should be playing for a better club.
But he could probably have got more ££££££s elsewhere, or was no one else interested in  him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 01, 2016, 09:12:34 pm by drfchound »
That goal he scored at the begining of the season when we let the opposition walk one in summed him up for me, he claimed the kick back to them was a miskick, in reality he meant it without a doubt.

Talent in abundance, petulance in abundance, and missing in action in abundance, good luck to him, especially if they've got cloggers up there that will rough him up!

For a player who is considered to be awful some people on here, IF he did mean to score that goal against Bury, and i don't believe he did, then it was a fantastic bit of skill.
If ten different players tried just once each to do the same they would probably not score.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 01, 2016, 09:27:31 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Doncaster Rovers world's most successful club. Well we would be if we were put in the Donny Sunday league. Very similar to the Scottish league

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 01, 2016, 10:08:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

No-one's questioning the lad's basic ability. He has that in spades. But you see American college kids doing astonishing things with a football when they have time and space. Doing it with a hairy arsed professional trying to dismember you is a different matter altogether.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Doncaster Rovers world's most successful club. Well we would be if we were put in the Donny Sunday league. Very similar to the Scottish league

You say that, but I've seen some performances over the years...

1872TRUEBLUE

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 01, 2016, 10:50:13 pm by 1872TRUEBLUE »
Firmly believe we would beat Doncaster. Maybe a friendlys on the cards at Ibrox

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 01, 2016, 11:17:37 pm by RedJ »
Firmly believe we would beat Doncaster.

Aye, plenty of "big" clubs have thought very much the same down the years. :)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 01, 2016, 11:36:40 pm by BobG »
Maybe so Red, and I hope it happens again, but if Rangers didn't put a cricket score past us then something is badly wrong with footer these days. As, of course, we all know there is.

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Firmly believe we would beat Doncaster. Maybe a friendlys on the cards at Ibrox

We've bloodied many a top teams noses suspecting we were easy meat, just ask 1-2-3 O'Leary(David), he knows what i'm talking about!.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 02, 2016, 12:14:32 am by NickDRFC »
That goal he scored at the begining of the season when we let the opposition walk one in summed him up for me, he claimed the kick back to them was a miskick, in reality he meant it without a doubt.

Talent in abundance, petulance in abundance, and missing in action in abundance, good luck to him, especially if they've got cloggers up there that will rough him up!

For a player who is considered to be awful some people on here, IF he did mean to score that goal against Bury, and i don't believe he did, then it was a fantastic bit of skill.
If ten different players tried just once each to do the same they would probably not score.

Of all the criticism I've read on here in all the threads about Forrester (and there have been plenty of both), I can't recall a single one questioning his ability. All criticisms have been about his attitude/application.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 02, 2016, 12:39:11 am by eastender »
drfchound

Of course he mean't it , he takes a look and knows exactly where the keeper is before he strikes the ball long hard and high .
Other wise he would have hit it along the floor and a lot softer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-n5lQuw5zU

It was a fantastic bit of skill like you say  , especially the bit where he tries to make it look like an accident.  :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:42:42 am by eastender »

RangerBob

« Reply #71 on January 02, 2016, 01:45:40 am by RangerBob »
Good luck to the lad I hope he does well, Warburton's style is to take on players that couldn't fufill they're potential and develop them.

But I'm more interested in posting about the typical replies about Rangers.
Whatever anyone wants to say about the club there were 38000 Rangers season ticket holders (with a seasonal average of 45,000 ish) in the 4th tier of Scottish football against part-time opposition every week, that was more than the champions of England that season.
Everyone knew what the quality was going to be like but the loyalty from the support is incredible.

There was also just shy of 50,000 at the hibs game on Monday, 3, maybe 4 English clubs could command that.

For a club to go through what it did and rise from the ashes like it has shows what a huge club Rangers really is, ''the journey'' has been filled with pain and disappointment, but we're not as far away now as some would like you to believe.

And when we get there we may even one day add to the 117 major trophies and 4 European finals we've played in.

P.S everyone slagging off the Scottish league has a short memory, Rangers won titles in an era when they could sign the England captain, and titles were won in era's where Scottish clubs were making and winning European finals.

Anyone who watched the 4-2 Rangers-Hibs title race game on BT then the Man utd- Chelsea megabucks dirge would understand there's more to football than sums of money.
I would like to think a proud club like Donny Rovers who buck a lot of trends in that regard would understand that as much as anyone.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 02, 2016, 08:17:09 am by wilts rover »
Anyone who comes on here to boast about the number of trophies Rangers have won and then says 'there's more to football than sums of money', is either being extremly ironic or somewhat myopic in how those trophies were won.

Harry Forrester - can chip the keeper with a volley from the halfway line, but he can't get a corner in the six yard box or a free kick within five yards of the goal!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on January 02, 2016, 09:16:38 am by roversdude »
I for one hope the lad is successful and that Rangers once again become top team in Scotland best of luck

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 02, 2016, 10:06:05 am by IDM »
Ranger Bob makes a lot of good points. 

On the whole, the Scottish leagues are not at the same quality as the English ones but IMHO that is a result of the much lower population which cannot sustain the quantity of teams, hence why most of the lower league Scottish teams are part time and attract 300 or so fans.

But their top teams with the 10s of thousands attending do have the clout to be competitive.  Yes there may only be 2 really big clubs, with the occasional upsurge from TLO Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, but it is what it is.  This shouldn't mean those of us following the English leagues should be condescending.

If you were to ask me to identify my top 5 football matches I have ever attended for entertainment, atmosphere and overall experience etc, then one of them would be from the Scottish 4th tier.  This was in 1997 when both Ross Co and Inverness were still in that division, and on a cold wet night I saw Inverness win 3-0 in Dingwall.  There were almost 5000 there that night - a sell out - in a division where many teams struggle to get 300.

You can only play what the opposition put out.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 02, 2016, 10:51:29 am by Al4475 »
Problem with a lot of players is that they believe that they are talented enough to succeed.

Unfortunately - longevity in professional sport of all nature depends on hard-work even more so than talent! I'm sure there's proof from some study somewhere saying that to succeed in professional sport your balance needs to be 5% talent and 95% hard work.

Forrester is a talented player of that there is no doubt but for whatever reasons he rarely seems to put in the effort and hard work his talent deserves to really make him shine.

I hope he does great things at Rangers, puts in the hours and effort and really flourishes allowing him to get his career back on track fully!

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 02, 2016, 12:22:01 pm by Yargo »
Forrester should've listened to Sir Geoff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F3n80V_sb0

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 02, 2016, 02:18:56 pm by eastender »
HF is expected to make his Debut (if international clearance comes through) in Rangers home cup game against SL 1 side Cowdenbeath live on Sky Sports 1 next Sunday at 1pm.

That's a nice steady introduction for him.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 02, 2016, 02:29:35 pm by jonnydog »
I don't doubt RangerBob's opinion of the fan base of his team, but you should look at our recent 20 year history before claiming a "rise from the ashes".

It'd be interesting to see how many ST's they'd have renewed if they were in an identical position to us at the back end of the 90's!!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 02, 2016, 02:39:44 pm by graingrover »
There are clubs  and towns for showy players like Forrester but Rovers is not one of them . The fact that we are an ex mining town and still today are a working class no nonsense society fashions the 'culture' and defines the type of player we admire . Above all the player must show he cares , work hard and keep his feet on the ground .
           I would not try to compare Donny and Glasgow but I suspect they have a lot of folk who call a spade a spade up there as  as well! Get those feet on the ground Harry boy!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 02, 2016, 03:02:18 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

No-one's questioning the lad's basic ability. He has that in spades. But you see American college kids doing astonishing things with a football when they have time and space. Doing it with a hairy arsed professional trying to dismember you is a different matter altogether.

I am well aware of that BST but in the same situation as HF was, i bet ten others, with just one chance, would not hit it over a keeper and into the net.

1872TRUEBLUE

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 02, 2016, 03:54:10 pm by 1872TRUEBLUE »
Good luck to the lad I hope he does well, Warburton's style is to take on players that couldn't fufill they're potential and develop them.

But I'm more interested in posting about the typical replies about Rangers.
Whatever anyone wants to say about the club there were 38000 Rangers season ticket holders (with a seasonal average of 45,000 ish) in the 4th tier of Scottish football against part-time opposition every week, that was more than the champions of England that season.
Everyone knew what the quality was going to be like but the loyalty from the support is incredible.

There was also just shy of 50,000 at the hibs game on Monday, 3, maybe 4 English clubs could command that.

For a club to go through what it did and rise from the ashes like it has shows what a huge club Rangers really is, ''the journey'' has been filled with pain and disappointment, but we're not as far away now as some would like you to believe.

And when we get there we may even one day add to the 117 major trophies and 4 European finals we've played in.

P.S everyone slagging off the Scottish league has a short memory, Rangers won titles in an era when they could sign the England captain, and titles were won in era's where Scottish clubs were making and winning European finals.

Anyone who watched the 4-2 Rangers-Hibs title race game on BT then the Man utd- Chelsea megabucks dirge would understand there's more to football than sums of money.
I would like to think a proud club like Donny Rovers who buck a lot of trends in that regard would understand that as much as anyone.
Spot on.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 02, 2016, 04:56:09 pm by roversdude »
The HF factor kicks in - will be even get in side after that

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 02, 2016, 05:17:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Dean Shiels is at Rangers, came on as sub today. Scored 31 times in 98 games over 2 1/2 seasons. Forrester isn't as good IMHO but potentially could be. Back with his old boss, see what happens.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 02, 2016, 05:37:58 pm by dickos1 »
Waghorn has 18 goals already that tells you a lot about the standard

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 02, 2016, 05:47:41 pm by PDX_Rover »
Celtic are the team.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 02, 2016, 05:58:29 pm by swintonrover »
Waghorn has 18 goals already that tells you a lot about the standard

You say that, but if Rovers signed Waghorn, I would be very excited.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on January 02, 2016, 08:58:04 pm by RobTheRover »
Forrester received similar comments from the Brentford fans when he signed for us.

If you all remember,  we had just been promoted on the last day of he season at Brentford, and Forrester was soon lined up as a key signing. One of JR's last signings,  if I'm not mistaken.

He looked very good in preseason,  and did well in the opening games of the Championship,  then picked up an injury that kept him out for virtually the entire season. We missed him,  I don't care what anyone says,  and a few more games with him playing could have seen us get the single point that ultimately would have kept us up in the Championship.

The last 2 seasons have been littered with a combination of injury and rumours of poor attitude/being out of favour with the manager. . The lad needs a fresh start where he can knuckle down,  throw off his demons and get back to enjoying his football. Good luck Harry.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 02, 2016, 09:06:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rob

2 comments on that last paragraph.

1) managerS - plural.

2) The last 18 months have also been littered with several unprofessional f**king-about antics on the pitch. (Two utterly unnecessary sendings off at the start of last season - You could argue (and I did) that he was unlucky, but he brought both on himself by stupid and pointless actions; two Billy Big b*llocks set-piece antics against Sheff Utd; the stupid back pass against Bury; the AWOL matches against Bristol City and Bradford City). I'd forgive any of those in isolation, but put them together and there is an immature pattern.

As you say, good luck to the lad if he gets his head straight. He'd be a joy to watch if he grew up. But to be honest, he's somebody else's problem now and I really won't be investing much emotional capital in him.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 03, 2016, 12:10:36 am by eastender »
Dean Shiels is at Rangers, came on as sub today. Scored 31 times in 98 games over 2 1/2 seasons. Forrester isn't as good IMHO but potentially could be. Back with his old boss, see what happens.

Ah , Sunday League Shiels , that tells you all you need to know.

He wouldn't get in our current team........ or who would he take the place of if you disagree with me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012