Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 03:52:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joselu  (Read 7852 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Joselu
« on January 09, 2016, 06:00:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
6 million quid these days buys you a huge pile of useless anonymous crap masquerading as a Premier League striker. What a waste.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Joselu
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2016, 06:08:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That's what the long streaks of Potteries piss have been singing on the train.

I thought they were singing "Yosser Hughes".

Mind, if they really did spend £6m on a useless get like him, even Yosser would have a chance of gainful employment.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:13:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2016, 06:09:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Reckon even Theo would beat this guy to double figures!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2016, 07:22:21 pm by RobTheRover »
Barren Dyfield would too

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2016, 11:31:06 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Why do you think our players don't get a chance to play first team football?, the premier league side's sign bang average foreign players, that are no better than players lower down the league or non league. If you take the time to improve those sort of players you get more for your money.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2016, 11:36:46 pm by mushRTID »
I thought he played well!

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 10, 2016, 07:55:03 am by LincsRover »
I thought he played well!

I might be wrong but did you mean to put this into the 'Hackers Warning!' thread Mush?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 10, 2016, 09:54:57 am by mushRTID »
Haha no. He was no worse than crouch or diouf, he played alright. A good number of Stoke fans thought he was their best player.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 10, 2016, 10:19:31 am by hoolahoop »
Haha no. He was no worse than crouch or diouf, he played alright. A good number of Stoke fans thought he was their best player.

Now I know you're taking the piss. Seems on their forum that their team comprised a load of "no marks" just being given a run out anyway.

It would be interesting to analyse exactly the team we were facing yesterday given that they think we were turned over by a team of has beens or youngsters that needed an easy game ?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 10, 2016, 10:31:05 am by mushRTID »

Now I know you're taking the piss. Seems on their forum that their team comprised a load of "no marks" just being given a run out anyway.

It would be interesting to analyse exactly the team we were facing yesterday given that they think we were turned over by a team of has beens or youngsters that needed an easy game ?

What has the strength of their team got to do with analysing Josulus individual performance?

And they weren't "no marks". Their goalie was the only unrecognisable name. It was a strong side.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 10, 2016, 10:34:20 am by dickos1 »
Adam, Walters, crouch, bardsley, shawcross,
Bunch of no marks??

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 10, 2016, 10:37:41 am by Chris Black come back »
Nigh on every player there was a well-established Premier League and international player.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 10, 2016, 10:38:19 am by mushRTID »
Nigh on every player there was a well-established Premier League and international player.

Exactly. Strange comment

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 10, 2016, 10:40:30 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Exactly. Strange comment

It shows the strength in depth they have at that level and the crazy money.  Think how much their squad costs compared to ours, even that side yesterday.

The premier league is just silly. I hope it goes pop, shame it won't.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 10, 2016, 10:45:34 am by hoolahoop »

What has the strength of their team got to do with analysing Josulus individual performance?

And they weren't "no marks". Their goalie was the only unrecognisable name. It was a strong side.

Mush I know that they weren't . I'm just demonstrating how disparaging these Premiership Supporters can be . For what it's worth , I thought Joselu and Diouf were w**k there you go . I never said that I personally thought they were no marks and I was analysing Joselu's non- performance contextually
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:49:34 am by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 10, 2016, 10:51:04 am by hoolahoop »
I'm saying what they think not what I thought . I know damn well the supposed quality of those Stoke players. !!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 10, 2016, 11:10:43 am by andysly »
At some point in the next 5 years Stoke will be relegated and they will be crying out for the quality of players such as Walters, Crouch, Bardsley etc.
Shows how soon clubs get illusions of grandeur.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 10, 2016, 12:04:14 pm by hoolahoop »
Exactly but then they will have a "leg up" back to the big boys for 4 years. It's an enormous chasm for other non ex - Premiership clubs to compete with.
Unless of course your club is run and  owned by the likes of the Oystons.
Managed properly that relegation money or reward for failure almost guarantees a future return to the gravy train. :(

Meanwhile their fans will moan about visiting tin pot clubs, regale the world about past wins and boast about their huge home and away followings.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 10, 2016, 04:20:25 pm by les@donr »
Exactly but then they will have a "leg up" back to the big boys for 4 years. It's an enormous chasm for other non ex - Premiership clubs to compete with.
Unless of course your club is run and  owned by the likes of the Oystons.
Managed properly that relegation money or reward for failure almost guarantees a future return to the gravy train. :(

Meanwhile their fans will moan about visiting tin pot clubs, regale the world about past wins and boast about their huge home and away followings.

Another L**ds in the making :evil:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 10, 2016, 09:26:47 pm by RoversAlias »
Joselu's overall game wasn't amazing but I'm pretty sure it was him who turned our defender inside out and put the cross in for Crouch to score. So not exactly 'useless'. He's also not a 'no mark', he plays in their team and scored at Everton in that thrilling 4-3 win the other week.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 10, 2016, 10:54:34 pm by hoolahoop »
Joselu's overall game wasn't amazing but I'm pretty sure it was him who turned our defender inside out and put the cross in for Crouch to score. So not exactly 'useless'. He's also not a 'no mark', he plays in their team and scored at Everton in that thrilling 4-3 win the other week.

Alias the 'no mark' comment came from a remark from their forums along with the view that they should put out their U18 side. It was NOT from me and it wasn't referring to Joselu specifically who incidentally was imo only just the good side of average. Would I replace him for Williams NOT a chance. Big price tags don't necessarily bring good performances or even better players  . Is he better than the likes of Jamie Vardy for instance...........NOT a chance.

I will be very surprised if he performs consistently well on the top stage.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 10, 2016, 11:23:25 pm by GazLaz »
Why do you think our players don't get a chance to play first team football?, the premier league side's sign bang average foreign players, that are no better than players lower down the league or non league. If you take the time to improve those sort of players you get more for your money.

You recommend plenty of "bang average foreign players" in the rumour mill!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 11, 2016, 12:10:42 am by RedJ »

And that's just the best of them...

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 11, 2016, 01:35:21 am by Sammy Chung was King »

You don't reccomend any at all from what i have seen Gazza!. :coat:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 11, 2016, 07:07:20 am by GazLaz »

Haha I know, it's a waste of time that's why!

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 11, 2016, 08:18:01 am by The Beast »
Joselu had a 1 in 1 strike for Real Madrid's first team, he can't be that bad.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 11, 2016, 09:49:55 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I can see why Stoke City went for him; he didn't do too badly at Hoffenheim, Eintrach Frankfurt & Hannover in the Bundesliga (as lower end value striker), but nowadays, £6million just about gets you an average striker who is willing to spend most of his time on the bench and perform averagely against the likes of Doncaster, et al.

In his post-match interview; Mark Hughes said he thought Joselu (and another SCFC player, can't remember who) were excellent - funny how professionals see the game different to us fans, as I thought apart from the cross for Crouch's goal, Joselu was non-exsistent!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 11, 2016, 11:45:38 am by hoolahoop »
I can see why Stoke City went for him; he didn't do too badly at Hoffenheim, Eintrach Frankfurt & Hannover in the Bundesliga (as lower end value striker), but nowadays, £6million just about gets you an average striker who is willing to spend most of his time on the bench and perform averagely against the likes of Doncaster, et al.

In his post-match interview; Mark Hughes said he thought Joselu (and another SCFC player, can't remember who) were excellent - funny how professionals see the game different to us fans, as I thought apart from the cross for Crouch's goal, Joselu was non-existent!

I couldn't agree more.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 11, 2016, 03:31:10 pm by RoversAlias »

Alias the 'no mark' comment came from a remark from their forums along with the view that they should put out their U18 side. It was NOT from me and it wasn't referring to Joselu specifically who incidentally was imo only just the good side of average. Would I replace him for Williams NOT a chance. Big price tags don't necessarily bring good performances or even better players  . Is he better than the likes of Jamie Vardy for instance...........NOT a chance.

I will be very surprised if he performs consistently well on the top stage.

Oh I know Hoola, was more just pointing out that whomever did originally make that claim is flat out wrong. As is evidenced by the entire line-up they played as well to be fair.

:)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 12, 2016, 01:08:47 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Haha I know, it's a waste of time that's why!

I don't think any of us really need to recommend players to this manager anyway, he seems to already have plans in place for every eventuality. The rumour mill is just a bit of fun for us anyway, something to talk about. I have recommended a few average one's and a few decent along the way.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012